2017/18 MLB Offseason

Remove this Banner Ad

they had the sledge hammer dropped on them :eek:

Idiots got what they deserved. Basically lose all international signings the last 2 years along with other sanctions including basically not being able to sign international players for the next 3-4 years. The main culprit has been given a life ban and 2nd in command a one year ban. Others have/will lose their jobs. I hate cheats so even know its my team, glad they got a whack.

Wont hurt us in the next few years but a lot of money down the drain on players we signed but are now free agents. While I don't know a lot about these signings, a lot of them are kids who probably wont make it like a lot of prosepects don't. Kevin Maitan was the biggest one lost - n0.9 on our prospect list at age of 17.

Sounds like what the braves did is rife in the league, and Manfred wants to make an example of them. Probably a tad harsh to ban him for life.
Right or wrong, not complaining about the outcome. Hopefully one less team to worry about going forward

Sounds like what the braves did is rife in the league, and Manfred wants to make an example of them. Probably a tad harsh to ban him for life.
Right or wrong, not complaining about the outcome. Hopefully one less team to worry about going forward

I’ve been reading that the Braves still have a top 2 farm system in Baseball. That’s how strong it is. The loss of these prospects does hurt but in terms of trade chips moving forward and some (Maitan) might’ve been big leaguers in 4-5 years but in terms of building a contender, the Braves are still in a very good position to be a contender by 2020.

I’ve been reading that the Braves still have a top 2 farm system in Baseball. That’s how strong it is. The loss of these prospects does hurt but in terms of trade chips moving forward and some (Maitan) might’ve been big leaguers in 4-5 years but in terms of building a contender, the Braves are still in a very good position to be a contender by 2020.

Yeah agree, nothing short term lost but may have been 1 or 2 gems amongst those players who are now free agents. Most probably would be busts like a lot of prospects or traded down the track. Certainly puts other teams on notice to make sure they are doing things right.

Yes they still have a great minor league list but it's the future drafting sanctions that hurt them the most.

After weeks of nothing happening, Doug Fister has signed with the Rangers for 1 yr/$4m, with a 2019 team option.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yanks going down the path of hiring managers who are just puppets for the GM. NTTAWWT

Wow not sure why Boone is necessarily a better choice than Girardi who won 91 games with an inexperienced team and got within a game of knocking off Astros.

Yeah made mistakes in playoffs but so did Maddon last year.

The "finalists" for Ohtani are in, all the west coast clubs plus the Cubs are in the mix

The "finalists" for Ohtani are in, all the west coast clubs plus the Cubs are in the mix

Been following an online forum and someone posted this list

“AL Teams out on Ohtani: A’s, Yankees, Red Sox, White Sox, Twins, Rays, Blue Jays

NL Teams out on Ohtani: Marlins, Mets, Pirates, Brewers, Braves, D’Backs, Cardinals

Rumored finalists: Giants, Mariners, Padres, Dodgers, Cubs *possibly* (Mariners odds on favorite at the moment”

Imagine how much it’d suck if the Giants got both Stanton (is happening soon) and Ohtani in the same week.

Something actually happened.
The Mariners have acquired second baseman Dee Gordon from the Marlins.
Going to Seattle:
- 2B Dee Gordon (who will apparently play centre field since Cano already plays 2B)
- $1m international spending capaciity (for Ohtani presumably)
Going to Miami:
- RH Pitcher Nick Neidert
- RH Pitcher Robert Dugger
- SS Christopher Torres
Basically all of the Mariner's top prospects

Remove this Banner Ad

Back