List Mgmt. 2017 Draft - Pick 10 - Poll Added

Who would YOU pick at #10 in this years draft? (Single Choice)

• Stephenson

Votes: 34 9.8%
  • Brayshaw

Votes: 82 23.7%
  • Coffield

Votes: 22 6.4%
  • Constable

Votes: 18 5.2%
  • Higgins

Votes: 31 9.0%
  • Brander

Votes: 5 1.4%
  • Bonar

Votes: 32 9.2%
  • Clark

Votes: 26 7.5%
  • DFogarty

Votes: 84 24.3%
  • Hayes

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Other

Votes: 9 2.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Is Stephenson condition similar to Josh Toys?

Upon reading Richards at 10 I thought it a pretty uninspired pick, I think it's mainly because I haven't really read or heard anything about the lad (being a Youtube recruiter and all).
To be fair his highlights look pretty good from the limited footage that I have seen, however I think there are better treats to be had at ten, would personally love it if Clarke slipped through, been saying it for a while but there is something about him, fingers crossed.

Upon reading Richards at 10 I thought it a pretty uninspired pick, I think it's mainly because I haven't really read or heard anything about the lad (being a Youtube recruiter and all).
To be fair his highlights look pretty good from the limited footage that I have seen, however I think there are better treats to be had at ten, would personally love it if Clarke slipped through, been saying it for a while but there is something about him, fingers crossed.

Feel the same...would’ve been happy to get him at 16 maybe if we kept that pick but at 10 it feels underwhelming. Rather a slider like Clarke or D.Fogarty, otherwise LOB, even Lachie Fogarty I wouldn’t mind going a bit earlier on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is more to it, I’ve done some research . Richards was on no ones radar 12 months ago but had a massive growth spurt. He came into the Oakleigh team at the start of this season and got injured in round 1. As a result missed the champs trial games. He had 33 possessions and starred in the APS rep game and was very good in the last 6 TAC cup games . Was picked in the all stars game and looked very good . Definitely a bolter but was a late developer so still has massive upside

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Stephenson sliding and Clark bolting has really ruined my enthusiasm for this pick. Suddenly we're on the other side of a quality drop

Unless we pick up the slider I guess. His kicking is a weakness which had me wondering how he was rated so high based on pace and x factor in the first place but someone isn't going to buy into the heart issue.

There is more to it, I’ve done some research . Richards was on no ones radar 12 months ago but had a massive growth spurt. He came into the Oakleigh team at the start of this season and got injured in round 1. As a result missed the champs trial games. He had 33 possessions and starred in the APS rep game and was very good in the last 6 TAC cup games . Was picked in the all stars game and looked very good . Definitely a bolter but was a late developer so still has massive upside

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Appreciate the feedback RBY. Like I mentioned I'm only going off my lack off knowledge and limited viewing of Youtube. His highlights did look nice but Clarke is my man, just don't see him being there at 10 any longer.

The reality is that the predicted top 9 leaves us with a choice of Bonar, Stephenson LOB, Richards, Murphy, Allen, L-Fog & Higgins.

Bonar would be my choice but that club may not want to take the risk with his knee reco, likewise Stephenson with his heart.

So if we are craving elite disposal and speed then there are only two options, LOB & Richards. Richards has a better contested side to his game and once he builds a tank then he could be a gun mid, plus a HB which allows Doc to spend more time up the ground.

The last red head who bolted up to a pick 4 has turned out very well for the dees yeah?

Nice kick and decent speed are certainly in his bag of tricks.

Statistically, those clips showed his best games in the TAC Cup, but I’m just not seeing what he brings being worth pick 10 in this draft. If you were to say the centrepiece of us trading out Bryce Gibbs was that, I wouldn’t have done the trade.

Where abouts do you have him in your rankings? I can see why most power rankings I’ve seen have him in the early 20’s, as there is certainly something to work with there. Not worth reaching at pick 10 though IMO.
Has a very good sidestep tricking players since 1999:)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stephenson sliding and Clark bolting has really ruined my enthusiasm for this pick. Suddenly we're on the other side of a quality drop

Are we that far out though, even with Stephenson out of the eqaut?

Those we probably won't see at #10, including our #3 pick: Dow, Cerra, LDU, Brayshaw, Coffield, Rayner = 6

Next possible group; Fogarty, Clark.....ummmm. Looks as though we need a Naughton and another 'bolter'
Nathan Murphy @ #10? I don't know.

The reality is that the predicted top 9 leaves us with a choice of Bonar, Stephenson LOB, Richards, Murphy, Allen, L-Fog & Higgins.

Bonar would be my choice but that club may not want to take the risk with his knee reco, likewise Stephenson with his heart.

So if we are craving elite disposal and speed then there are only two options, LOB & Richards. Richards has a better contested side to his game and once he builds a tank then he could be a gun mid, plus a HB which allows Doc to spend more time up the ground.

The last red head who bolted up to a pick 4 has turned out very well for the dees yeah?

Does Richards have a better contested game than LOB? According to AFL Draft Cental, LOB has just over 9 contested possessions per game, compared to 5.2 for Richards. Richards has a better contested possession %, but doesn’t find the ball like LOB does.

Does Richards have a better contested game than LOB? According to AFL Draft Cental, LOB has just over 9 contested possessions per game, compared to 5.2 for Richards. Richards has a better contested possession %, but doesn’t find the ball like LOB does.
I'd say the stats are skewed by the fact Richards spent most of his time off half back.

LOB definitely accumulates better at this point and runs nearly a minute quicker over 2km.

I'd say the stats are skewed by the fact Richards spent most of his time off half back.

LOB definitely accumulates better at this point and runs nearly a minute quicker over 2km.

That’s my first thought as well. They must have had a pretty strong midfield at Oakleigh if Richards couldn’t force his way in there!

That’s my first thought as well. They must have had a pretty strong midfield at Oakleigh if Richards couldn’t force his way in there!
LOL yeah it was stacked! He just doesn't have the tank i guess, a 7:09 2km & 20.6 yo-yo is average at best. Let's see how it plays out, I don't think anything outside the top 3-4 would be set in stone.

Back