List Mgmt. 2017 Draft - Pick 10 - Poll Added

Who would YOU pick at #10 in this years draft? (Single Choice)

• Stephenson

Votes: 34 9.8%
  • Brayshaw

Votes: 82 23.7%
  • Coffield

Votes: 22 6.4%
  • Constable

Votes: 18 5.2%
  • Higgins

Votes: 31 9.0%
  • Brander

Votes: 5 1.4%
  • Bonar

Votes: 32 9.2%
  • Clark

Votes: 26 7.5%
  • DFogarty

Votes: 84 24.3%
  • Hayes

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Other

Votes: 9 2.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Feel the same...would’ve been happy to get him at 16 maybe if we kept that pick but at 10 it feels underwhelming. Rather a slider like Clarke or D.Fogarty, otherwise LOB, even Lachie Fogarty I wouldn’t mind going a bit earlier on.

Why is a slider more desirable than a bolter?

Is it because we're more familiar with a slider given they likely appeared more prominently in mock drafts throughout the year?

Give me someone who through strong performances (both on and off the field) has made themselves impossible to ignore over someone who has slid due to question marks over one or more aspects of their game and/or life.

Why is a slider more desirable than a bolter?

Is it because we're more familiar with a slider given they likely appeared more prominently in mock drafts throughout the year?

Give me someone who through strong performances (both on and off the field) has made themselves impossible to ignore over someone who has slid due to question marks over one or more aspects of their game and/or life.

Yeah your right. I am uncomfortable with using 10 on Richards due to the unknown as stated by yourself.

I wouldn’t be unhappy that’s for sure if we got Richards coz he has talent but I still prefer Fogarty or Clarke if they slide to us. I would love to see some more highlights of Richards in the middle to alleviate my anxiety.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL yeah it was stacked! He just doesn't have the tank i guess, a 7:09 2km & 20.6 yo-yo is average at best. Let's see how it plays out, I don't think anything outside the top 3-4 would be set in stone.
Kid has been coming like a rocket this year. Came from the clouds, got injured, hit his straps as a defender then got midfield opportunity and impressed.

Hard to expect him to start in the middle when that is not his natural position

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

I'm thinking Darcy Fogarty is actually a real chance to slip through to 10 at the moment, more than 24 hours ago anyway. Based on all reports it seems like the Top 8 should be -

Rayner
LDU
Dow
Brayshaw/Cerra
Brayshaw/Cerra
Naughton
Coffield
Clark

I think Pies go Naughton despite talk otherwise lately, they need class down back and he'll deliver it for them. They don't need more midfielders. Saints sound like Coffield and Clark are locked in barring a slider. Big question is who the Bulldogs take.

Kid has been coming like a rocket this year. Came from the clouds, got injured, hit his straps as a defender then got midfield opportunity and impressed.

Hard to expect him to start in the middle when that is not his natural position

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
I would be satisfied with Ed @ 10 that's for sure.

I know it shouldn't, but the price we paid for this pick weighs heavily and to make it worthwhile I think we need to go for a potential matchwinner in Bonar if Clark is gone
Yeah, after safely picking up Dow, we can go for an x factor player in Bonar (if clark is gone) - ppl worry about bonar's knee, but how is it any worst than Docherty's
Injury happens, but his recovery has been excellent - that showed great character for an 18yo :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What is the risk with Bonar?? He had an injury, has overcome it and was burning late in the season..

Not just his knee that is a concern, is a bull around the contest, quick, agile, but wouldn't say his kicking is anywhere near elite. If he was regarded as a pure inside mid, his disposal is by and large similar for players of that type, but given they way he plays, it should be better

Dow is similar to Fyfe.

Richards is more like a Kade Simpson.

Richards has huge upside in my opinion and a better kick and speed than LOB. LOBs kicking is overrated. Watch full games not just highlights, Richards rarely makes a mistake and amounted 33 possies and best on ground for the APS vs AGS game this year. Against Sandy he would line up against Brayshaw in the middle and it was an even contest.

If he can build his tank, I see him as a great pickup and a potential 200 plus gamer.

Dow is similar to Fyfe.

Richards has huge upside in my opinion and a better kick and speed than LOB. LOBs kicking is overrated. Watch full games not just highlights, Richards rarely makes a mistake and amounted 33 possies and best on ground for the APS vs AGS game this year. Against Sandy he would line up against Brayshaw in the middle and it was an even contest.

If he can build his tank, I see him as a great pickup and a potential 200 plus gamer.

Not sure about those comparisons.

Fyfe started as a forward basically and moved into the midfield.

Richards is also more explosive than Simpson has ever been I feel.

I do agree with you on Richards, there's a definite player there. What worries me is that picking him up at 10 would be too early for a project type player.

Looks like Dow is locked away

Reckon we need that outside runner with elite kicking skills at 10. Hunter likely gone, Coffield slim chance and could be available, otherwise it will be Richards or LOB. Bonar outside change but we haven't been strongly linked

Dow is similar to Fyfe.

Nice work, i'm happy with that.

Stephenson sliding and Clark bolting has really ruined my enthusiasm for this pick. Suddenly we're on the other side of a quality drop

I agree with you Zee, I had my heart set on Clark lasting to our pick 10.

However, I think as fans we tend to draw hard lines where perhaps they don't exist. Sure some players are better than others, but I doubt the 'quality drop' is as stark as we make it out to be.

Over time, the guy that gets picked at 10 isn't much/any worse than the guy that gets picked at 9. Same goes for 11/10 and so on.

There's a tendency to set ourselves up for disappointment by focusing on a player that is best case scenario going to last, but likely is going to be gone. And when we finally pick someone, the reality of who we got at 10 is not as exciting as who we had hoped for at 10 (but went at 6 or 8 or 9).

SOS and co will admittedly be hoping certain players slide, but I doubt he'd be overly concerned about the options at 10 vs 9 or be gutted that he can't trade 30 for the guy picked at 28.

Not just his knee that is a concern, is a bull around the contest, quick, agile, but wouldn't say his kicking is anywhere near elite. If he was regarded as a pure inside mid, his disposal is by and large similar for players of that type, but given they way he plays, it should be better
He kicked at 48% efficiency during the tac cup, when comparing that to Ed Richards 75% it looks terrible. SOS watched nearly every Haileybury game according to Matt Balmer so he would be best placed to make a decision on him.

He kicked at 48% efficiency during the tac cup, when comparing that to Ed Richards 75% it looks terrible. SOS watched nearly every Haileybury game according to Matt Balmer so he would be best placed to make a decision on him.

What were the contested stats?

Pretty sure SPS kicked at a similar % last season.

Back