Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn, Changkuoth Jiath - 2017 category B rookie

May 6, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Looking through a few phantoms including the bigfooty one that's all but concluded, doesn't seem CJ is all that highly rated.

Bittersweet as it's good he might be flying under the radar but also a decent sign that he may not be all that good.
Not good as in bad feedback, or not good as there isn’t much said about him?

Screenshot_20171122-150417.jpg

Really? Hope your right.

I had no idea about that but like it.
it's right
by nominating him as a Next Gen Academy player we get him as a Cat B Rookie if nobody picks him up in either the national or rookie drafts, if the bid we can match at a discount

it's right
by nominating him as a Next Gen Academy player we get him as a Cat B Rookie if nobody picks him up in either the national or rookie drafts, if the bid we can match at a discount
Glad you added that last bit, as I’m sure I’ve read people post things that imply that we can’t match any national draft bids.

Glad you added that last bit, as I’m sure I’ve read people post things that imply that we can’t match any national draft bids.
for added fun and accuracy

if we don't have the points to match with picks available this year, we can go into point debt next year to get him if we so choose

The points come off the top of our first pick next year so the club would have to think he is pretty special to do that, meaning if we did watch out

it's right
What if nobody takes him in the ND, but someone grabs him as a Rookie, before we can?

Can we trump their Rookie Pick using ours, or is there a Rookie Pick Points System as well?

What if nobody takes him in the ND, but someone grabs him as a Rookie, before we can?

Can we trump their Rookie Pick using ours, or is there a Rookie Pick Points System as well?
If he isn’t taken in the draft he’s automatically our rookie.

Jun 28, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Be interesting if someone does try and get him before pick 43. Not sure Hawthorn wants to compromise on next year but we can compromise on our next this year but not the one after ...I’m pretty sure. The next pick gets us bugger all points though

tige19

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 13, 2003
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Looks like he is skillful from the little i know.. although no-one in terms of mock drafters think he is much. Hope we give him a crack

Dec 29, 2008
Mornington Peninsula
AFL Club
Hawthorn
My word from Xavier College (an assistant coach) says the boy can play - I was asking about the younger Langford - my sauce said he was OK but CJ is the one that he would be getting excited with if he was a hawks fan
It's interesting that there isn't a lot of hype around him going high in the draft but coaches and academy insights suggest he's someone to get a little excited about.

Oct 6, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Sixers, Exers, GWS Womens
If he goes to the rookie draft(likely) and a club tries to take him then I believe we can just match it with our next rookie pick and he becomes a Cat A rookie. If no one selects him in ND or RD then he automatically becomes a Cat B Rookie

Back