Game Day 2017 draft discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

This has to be in jest surely. 10 games next season? I like the draft pick but unless were banking to finish last on the ladder there is no way the young fella plays 10 games. Its a solid selection cant expect a great deal picking so late. Welcome to the club
If you think this current team will be challenging next season you’re dreaming. By the second half of next season Worpel, Moore, Lovell, Morrison will all be playing senior footy.

If you think this current team will be challenging next season you’re dreaming. By the second half of next season Worpel, Moore, Lovell, Morrison will all be playing senior footy.

Haha. I see you're extra full of s**t today.

Run o
run off and root Ablett you troll

James Worpel - gun inside mid, how this kid dropped to pick 45 i will never know, shouldve been a top 30 pick easily, i have a feeling Cousins, Worpel and Lovell will join the midfield rotation of Mitchell, O'Meara and Howe to make an impressive engine room

Dylan Moore - project winger with a high footy IQ, clever user of the footy and speedy, but skinny as a stick, needs to build his core strength a bit 176cm 66kg

Jackson Ross - 193cm mid/flanker, not that impressed with him, but we'll see, seems like a discount Sicily without the passion

Last edited:
Moore won’t be playing senior footy next year. He’s a lighter frame than Hartung!
If he does play then it won’t be much. Would think Ross has a better chance of playing senior footy than Moore.

* off, troll.

You probably were one of the guys that thought Vickery was a steal and would be the next “David hale”...or that taking billy Hartung over Zac Merrett was a good call.

Oh let’s all play the 20/20 hindsight game! Piss off to the Geelong board. You’re not a Hawks fan - you keep making that painfully clear.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fox Footy panel saying that 'its not fair' that Hawthorn have been able to draft this well after picking up Mitchell, O'Meara and Impey in the last 12 months.

They were glowing of all three picks.

Fox Footy panel saying that 'its not fair' that Hawthorn have been able to draft this well after picking up Mitchell, O'Meara and Impey in the last 12 months.

They were glowing of all three picks.
#freekickhawthorn

a while ago there was a poster who was suggesting we were into someone who wasn't on any clubs radar due to injury, does anyone know who this person was or if they were pick up?

So what's the overall consensus from our 3 picks on draft night? Are we happy? Confused? Disappointed?

I honestly don't know enough about any of the 3 we picked to form an opinion.

Do we think we got steals or passed up on players that will bite us in the backsides down the track?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back