Past Matthew Ling - delisted 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

NMOwjlIA.jpg

Matthew Ling

Matt Ling is lightning-quick and has a pinpoint left-foot kick. The problem is a torrid injury run prevented him from hitting his best over his first two seasons at the Sydney Swans. Serious toe and Achilles injuries limited the club’s top 2017 AFL Draft selection to just 16 NEAFL games across the 2018 and 2019 seasons. Season 2020 is his time to shine.

Matthew Ling
DOB: 21 April 1999
DRAFT: 2017
RECRUITED FROM: St Mary's (Vic)/Geelong U18

A few I had way off, Charlie Constable being the big one who I ranked in the top 10, but went 39. It was just that sort of year where the top 6 were fairly obvious (was just what order they went in). Clark and Coffield were in the mix for the next few. I didn't have Ling in my 25, but he wasn't far off so I'm happy for the decision. The draft was even from
7 to 30 really.

My view was simple and that was we needed some classy ball users more than a KPF at 14. We got a classy ball user.

Don't know much of Constable but didn't he have shocking combine data? That could literally be the difference of about 20 spots in the draft.

Don't know much of Constable but didn't he have shocking combine data? That could literally be the difference of about 20 spots in the draft.

His testing wasn't great that's for sure. Still feel he is a steal at where he went. He is one positioned but he's very good at it.

Happy with our draft though.

To clarify, because people are bound to bring it up... yes, he is from the Geelong Falcons, but no, he isn't related to Cameron Ling.

Highlights are promising.

Nice tackle in there. And that burst past the the defender in the forward pocket shows he has pace and knows it. Likes a mark too.

Any relation to Cameron Ling? Can't find anything.

Edit no. But living in Geelong with that surname something tells me there's a ranga on the family tree somewhere. :oops:

Welcome Matthew! Good luck.

Last edited:
Turn it up you never mentioned him
Turn it up yourself actually, your relentless negative pursuit of this poster is actually quite boring. At least he is trying to add a voice to the board which is what this forum is supposed to be about, if you don't like what he has to say just put him on ignore rather than filling the thread with your petty pot shots.

Last edited:
Turn it up yourself actually, your relentless negative pursuit of this poster is actually quite boring. At least he is trying to add a voice to the board which is what this forum is supposed to be about, if you don't like what he has to say just put him on ignore him rather than filling the thread with you petty pot shots.

That’s all this bloke does is pot people. Contributes nothing but negativity and big noting.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Turn it up yourself actually, your relentless negative pursuit of this poster is actually quite boring. At least he is trying to add a voice to the board which is what this forum is supposed to be about, if you don't like what he has to say just put him on ignore him rather than filling the thread with you petty pot shots.
He can speak for himself

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A few I had way off, Charlie Constable being the big one who I ranked in the top 10, but went 39. It was just that sort of year where the top 6 were fairly obvious (was just what order they went in). Clark and Coffield were in the mix for the next few. I didn't have Ling in my 25, but he wasn't far off so I'm happy for the decision. The draft was even from
7 to 30 really.

My view was simple and that was we needed some classy ball users more than a KPF at 14. We got a classy ball user.
Very happy with this pick, as he's just what we needed. Time will tell.

Took me by surprise during the draft, but liking this selection now. Hearing Kinnear's words definitely instills me with confidence

Quick, penetrating kick HBF, should help us with defensive transition, which i think is our most noticeable weakness.

Loves a bounce, which is unique for our team as even our playmakers arent big linebreakers. I.e. mills and lloyd

Then there's the typical kinnear/swans attitude analysis - A real team player according to Kin

Seriously how did these so called experts on here and media go , I believe most were wrong about most , except the top 2 no one really had any idea.

To be fair this year was an obvious top6 and then take a chook raffle from 7-30 really.

It's why phantom drafts in even years are laughable. It's why I do a "rankings" rather than a phantom draft anyway!

How they got our needs so wrong was weird though! We were never going to draft Oscar Allen!

To be fair this year was an obvious top6 and then take a chook raffle from 7-30 really.

It's why phantom drafts in even years are laughable. It's why I do a "rankings" rather than a phantom draft anyway!

How they got our needs so wrong was weird though! We were never going to draft Oscar Allen!
The biggest joke are champion data and David King , everything is stats.

I thought it was an obvious top5 but Stephenson at 6 with doubt on his health etc? Not many had him going that high.

Cannot wait to see our boys in action.

I thought it was an obvious top5 but Stephenson at 6 with doubt on his health etc? Not many had him going that high.

Cannot wait to see our boys in action.

Stephenson was easily the 6th best player on talent.

You take the most talented kid for mine. Has the potential to be the best mid in the draft. I had LDU at 1, but had Stephenson up there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back