Player Watch #46: Ben Miller

Remove this Banner Ad

My college sold MBs for .15c back in the day. I still fall asleep with a sad, wistful, smile thinking about that. Good times.
Anyway. This kid has obviously been conditioned to pass it off to more skilled kicks. Don't know how he'd look if he backed himself more often.. hopefully will get some more insight about him over the christmas period.
$3.60 a slab. Not bad.

I think he will be a project player, but could really make some forward steps with the current coaches and confidence around him.

My favourite pick of the Lot bargain at that pick think he has all the traits to be a very good key defender explosive pace great leap good hands and big enough to play on the daniher and Wright types..
Disposal needs work but a great apprentice for rance

I think he will be a project player, but could really make some forward steps with the current coaches and confidence around him.
Seems a pretty handy pick up so late in the draft.

At least he'll be good for a few laughs.
Ben_Miller.jpg

Welcome to Tigerland Ben.

So A grade prospect that is 3-4 cm too small for an AFL ruck. Could grow and has the ability to play KP. Plus a mobile, midfielder type shorter ruck could do fine I reckon in the modern game. Bit of a gamble. But one that looks like a damn solid bet. Bit of development needed. But he has the body, athleticism, skills and attitude to succeed. Like this draft.

Agree. Don't think the lack of size will matter in the modern game if he has the other attributes.

I also like that at 15 he was holding his own playing against men. Reminds me of a certain D. Martin we picked up a few years ago. Anybody know if Miller has a decent "don't argue." :)

This guy is 200cm+?! He looks fairly quick and agile in his highlights package for a ruckman. I like this pick. Want to see a bit more gameplay of him though.

EDIT: He is listed as 196cm. I was going to say, that would be close to about the most agile 200cm+ player that I have seen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ray Hall...
Minus the
images

Curious to whether we see him as a ruck? Especially given he is 196. Maybe we think we can play him as a KPP and then he pitches in every now and then..
This one I’ve got no idea about

Curious to whether we see him as a ruck? Especially given he is 196. Maybe we think we can play him as a KPP and then he pitches in every now and then..

Scored 30/30 in the goalkicking hopefully a 2nd ruck/kpf type

KPP from the information put out by the club (sorry can't attach the article)
"he's a big powerful kid, who has speed, athleticism and skill to develop as a key-position player at either end of the ground."

Remove this Banner Ad

Back