A thread on politics- have some balls and post

Remove this Banner Ad

On another this state election is driving me nuts. Labour running the most negative fear campaign and Libs running no campaign at all.

I would be more impressed with Labour if they said "this is what we have achieved in the last three years" .....which is why they are running negative, because they have sat on their hands for three years, too afraid to do anything because the last guys tried to do something and they got voted out.

Devastating lack of talent on both sides.

I used to work with Christopher Pyne before he went into politics.

Aint no device hacking there.

He is the same sanctimonious turd now as he was then. Funny thing his brother was ok, very different guy.

I'm happy to disparage him for his politics, but I find it distasteful that whether he is closeted or not it seems as though when people talk about his sexuality it is used as a stick to beat him with. I think he is an odious twat, but that has nothing to do with whether he is attracted to other men or not. There are a lot more odious twats in the Coalition that don't have any question marks over their sexuality that don't get the criticism Pyne does because of his mannerisms.

I'm happy to disparage him for his politics, but I find it distasteful that whether he is closeted or not it seems as though when people talk about his sexuality it is used as a stick to beat him with. I think he is an odious twat, but that has nothing to do with whether he is attracted to other men or not. There are a lot more odious twats in the Coalition that don't have any question marks over their sexuality that don't get the criticism Pyne does because of his mannerisms.
I dont care if he is gay, it's the short people I worry about. Who is standing up for the little people.

On another this state election is driving me nuts. Labour running the most negative fear campaign and Libs running no campaign at all.

I would be more impressed with Labour if they said "this is what we have achieved in the last three years" .....which is why they are running negative, because they have sat on their hands for three years, too afraid to do anything because the last guys tried to do something and they got voted out.

Devastating lack of talent on both sides.
As I've gotten older it's something I've been forced to take note of. It's finger pointing at it's best and what I find most funny is slurs being thrown around because of some s**t Newman done and he's not even in politics anymore. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

As I've gotten older it's something I've been forced to take note of. It's finger pointing at it's best and what I find most funny is slurs being thrown around because of some s**t Newman done and he's not even in politics anymore. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I was working for QLD Treasury at the time and can categorically state that Nicholls was a massive driver of the public service cuts.

Yeah, don't think that everything done in the Newman Government was just Newman.
There have been a couple of sources from that regime that report some of the worst economic policy came from the treasurer.

The adverts I heard were the ones laying blame to Newman for creating those messes. Those finger pointing type of adverts have been going on as long as I remember but it's the first one I've heard who main crux of their argument involves someone who isn't even a part of politics anymore AFAIK.

He just tweeted about it though, didn't he? It wasn't so much about anything going to print as there is no story, written by him, up on Buzzfeed. I think it had enough public interest and news value to tweet about, it's not like he bashed out 300 words on it. The story was reported on by others once Pyne trotted out his explanation where it became more about the news value of prominence rather than anything particularly defamatory to really have to weigh up whether you would need a public interest defence.
how many media followers does Di Stefano have? ~300.

He was the catalyst for confecting this onto the MSM media radar, he inserted himself, gonzo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, don't think that everything done in the Newman Government was just Newman.
There have been a couple of sources from that regime that report some of the worst economic policy came from the treasurer.
Of course it wasn't just Campbell, everyone in that government was *in useless. Nicholls would have to be one of the worst though. Campbell was a megalomaniac, but Nicholls is just straight up *in stupid. He and John-Paul Langbroek are the true heart of the LNP, useless empty suits who are essentially the same people who ran the place under Joh.

Of course it wasn't just Campbell, everyone in that government was ****in useless. Nicholls would have to be one of the worst though. Campbell was a megalomaniac, but Nicholls is just straight up ****in stupid. He and John-Paul Langbroek are the true heart of the LNP, useless empty suits who are essentially the same people who ran the place under Joh.
Thank * the LNP won't be in power next year.

The lesser of two evils.
Depends if you are in any kind of building trade.

On one side you have insensitive idiots who scarred a generation of qld workers with a highly unstructured mass sacking....and still managed to keep many of the wrong people.

And the other side we have a premier who went to uni, worked for her dad (who is a complete campainer) in the safest labour seat in the country, got parachuted into parliament in the same seat, got parachuted into leader of the opposition because there was nobody else and some fn how becomes premier on a backlash vote. She has zero real world experience and has done nothing to actually ACHIEVE something, more let's not do anything, the last guys tried to do something and they got voted out

In the last 3 years cfmeu has taken over the state seriously they will be writing underbelly episodes on it. Labour repeals bikie laws because the cfmeu uses them for muscle. The whole thing is rotten to the core.

Forget about actually putting infrastructure in, because all building costs have blown way out.

So in summary, both sides are f#$/ed and should concentrate on improving the lives of qlders and try to achieve something in a measured, sensible way, rather than trying to do nothing to keep their jobs, maintaining a low profile because of past sins.

Matt Canavan is basically playing a single tune now - "At least we didn't do as bad as One Nation".

How unlikable is he! Absolute knob.

And Jane Prentice literally repeated the same two comments all night and nothing else.... "Tim and Deb ran a great campaign" and "there are no federal implications here".

Canavan and Prentice were basically that "this is fine" dog on fire meme all night.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back