Toast Welcome to the SUNS Brayden Crossley

Sep 30, 2010
Katherine, NT
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Tampa Bay Buccaneers, TB Lightning,
Welcome Brayden! Undoubtedly was going to get drafted, but has a long way to go to make it at AFL level IMO. Has his work cut out as an undersized ruck.

I guess the thing we have on our side is time. We know rucks generally take a while to develop, but he is a local kid who actually loves the club. He would know he is not going to be an overnight sensation, so he can keep developing in the NEAFL and we don't have to fear him leaving for opportunity.

I actually think he was a real steal

Oct 24, 2008
Mermaid Beach
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
GWS, Celtics, 76ers
I guess the thing we have on our side is time. We know rucks generally take a while to develop, but he is a local kid who actually loves the club. He would know he is not going to be an overnight sensation, so he can keep developing in the NEAFL and we don't have to fear him leaving for opportunity.

I actually think he was a real steal
I agree that he is a good get, I assume they will focus more on turning him into a power forward as if he could do that role and help out in the Ruck then he would be a very valuable addition

Sunraysia

Club Legend
Mar 16, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Gold Coast
Can people see him in 5 years time being our no1 ruck or being forward/ ruck pinch hit role?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I think he could become a Tom Hawkins style forward.
All through his junior footy he has been a very accurate set shot at goal and has often played as a Key Forward.
Think he will take the Brooksby / Loersch role up forward in NEAFL this year and move on from there.

Krozza

All Australian
Dec 11, 2006
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys!!
Kinda chuffed....there's loads of people with the surnames of players running around in the AFL....but there's never been a Crossley. I am a Crossley!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Sunraysia

Club Legend
Mar 16, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Gold Coast
Kinda chuffed....there's loads of people with the surnames of players running around in the AFL....but there's never been a Crossley. I am a Crossley!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
See you kicking quite a few goals for the Suns in the future...lol...

Brayden CROSSLEY
2017 NEAFL (Gold Coast Suns)

Totals
  • 9 games
  • 13 goals
  • 9 behinds
  • 3 times in best players list

Averages
  • 6.7 kicks
  • 5.7 handballs
  • 12.3 disposals
  • 2.8 marks
  • 3.9 tackles
  • 0.3 frees for
  • 0.7 frees against
  • 22.7 hitouts
  • 1.7 clearances
  • 2.0 inside 50s
  • 0.7 rebound 50s
  • 85.89 Dream Team points
2017 NEAFL (Southport)
1 game - 1 kick, 6 handballs, 2 marks, 3 tackles, 4 frees against, 3 hitouts, 24 Dream Team points

pinocchio

Senior List
Apr 7, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
Undersized Ruckman that doesn't work hard enough, hopefully over the next few years they can make something of him.

TheSecondComing

Senior List
Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Where do people see Crossley playing now with Corbett and Burgess and king coming in
He needs to be our big forward that smashes the packs and can pinch hit in the ruck.
He’s The big aggressive player we need inside 50.
It would Free up 2MP to run his opponent off his feet and provide that second option going inside 50 and would also give king huge confidence to float around in his first few years to build his game without being smashed week in week out

robo_1

Premiership Player
Nov 11, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
He needs to be our big forward that smashes the packs and can pinch hit in the ruck.
He’s The big aggressive player we need inside 50.
It would Free up 2MP to run his opponent off his feet and provide that second option going inside 50 and would also give king huge confidence to float around in his first few years to build his game without being smashed week in week out

Do you see him getting a game this year? Would he replace Corbett if he was rested

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Do you see him getting a game this year? Would he replace Corbett if he was rested
I think he will become a good player if he up his endurance, because in AFL habrow type of half-back waltz through him with ease before he smash the pack.

Back