Shane Warne Stand
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond VFL Richmond VFLW AFLW
Baker.jpg

WHAT THEY SAY

WHAT THE COACH SAYS:
We thought he was good enough to play League footy at our club and he's super-driven to want to improve his game. Liam's tenacious, he's hard-at-it and he's a competitive little man. For a bloke of his stature, he's not afraid to mix it with the bigger boys.

WHAT THE FOOTBALL MANAGER SAYS:
Liam has been a great addition to the club this year. He quickly integrated among the group and is well respected among the playing group for his willingness to work hard and play above his stature. His willingness to actively try and do more to improve his game is a credit to the character he possesses.

WHAT THE SCOUT SAYS:
Despite his size, Baker has proven to possess outstanding defensive traits with his ability to tackle, harass and pressure crucial to Subiaco’s forward success. With recent success in the AFL modelled on intense forward pressure from small forwards, Baker fits the bill being able to step in and give an AFL side exactly what they need to succeed.

WHAT THE TEAMMATE SAYS:
Bakesy is the type of player every premiership side needs, he applies immense pressure to opposition backlines and has a knack for kicking goals on either side of his body. Every teammate loves him because he has a tenacious attitude and he is all about the team and not the individual. Whoever picks him will reap the rewards of a hardworking, dedicated and team player who is ready for the next level.

WHAT LIAM SAYS:
Jarrad Schofield and Andrew Lockyer have been awesome, the faith they’ve had in me is just incredible, whether it was Locks last year in the 18s, he gave me a good run and Schoey this year. They must’ve seen something and given me the chance and I just wanted to repay them and hopefully, I did the best I can. They’re two guys who I respect very highly.

FINAL THOUGHTS
Forward Pressure
– Has proven to be elite at WAFL level in terms of applying forward pressure
Speed
– Has quick speed off the mark and a deceiving turn of pace
Endurance
– Has a strong tank that is well suited to the modern AFL game as a forward

MORE HERE
http://www.subiacofc.com.au/index.p...ile-liam-baker&catid=107:news-v15-1&Itemid=69

AstuteTiger

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond

Looks strong for his size but surely we didn’t need another small forward...
We addressed our tall stocks so not sure what else we could’ve snared at pic 18 in the rookie draft...
We are the premiers so will back the club in with this choice!

The way we have been drafting ud think he would b lighting quick, good ball user and applies a truck load of pressure!

Anyone seen him play? Or have a vid on him?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back