Rookie draft

Remove this Banner Ad

INb4 we draft another small sub 180cm player and moopsy melts
BF07D440-74E0-49D3-9BDF-0CC2577A7E41.gif

Didn't expect either of them to get a gig. Bit surprised no one took a chance on Batch though.

Yep thought Geelong would have taken the punt. Would suit them as a replacement for Mackie.

Collingwood too. Shift Howe back up forward.

They have to have plans to mould one or two (or possibly more) of our small forwards into midfielders.

It's getting ridiculous now. Lol

From a team that had no exciting small forwards to a team with the most. It's really quite funny.

Seem to be 'cornering the market' in small forwards.
Must be pretty confident that we have a hit a long term formula for success.
What’s that strategy called?
To stop other teams copying our style, we grab and stockpile all available quick, pressure type small forwards.

Master stroke actually!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Must be a bit disheartening for this kid knowing he'll be about 15th in line for his position.

My only thought is Riolis ankle is a lot worse then what the club is letting on and we've got extra cover for him!
Don't know if it'll be disheartening. Hopefully it brings out his (and others) competitive streaks.

Yeah small forward is going to be a tough gig at RFC, but hopefully it makes these kids even more determined than they are.

Nov 9, 2006
Brisbane
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
🐍🏆Ophidian Old Boys🏆🐍 and Mizzou
Don't know if it'll be disheartening. Hopefully it brings out his (and others) competitive streaks.

Yeah small forward is going to be a tough gig at RFC, but hopefully it makes these kids even more determined than they are.

We do use 5 at any one time.;)

Because he was standing next to my lad who is 183cm in a game in Sept. Same height or below my lad. Local lad from Mildura so I have seen him play a lot.

Did you account for the extra 3cm he grew after we took him as a rookie?

tiggywigs

Club Legend
Apr 10, 2008
Hobart
AFL Club
Richmond
To stop other teams copying our style, we grab and stockpile all available quick, pressure type small forwards.

The interesting thing is that it's not obvious that the other 17 sides are buying it (if you look at the trade/draft period pattern).
If we are right, the potential payoff is huge.

Jul 3, 2008
eastern-most tiger in the nation
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Abers

In economic terms its called "Cornering the market" In the late 1950s, United States onion farmers alleged that Chicago Mercantile Exchange traders, were attempting to corner the market on onions. Their complaints resulted in the passage of the Onion Futures Act, which banned trading in onion futures in the United States and remains in effect.

I hope RFC leaves the spud market alone from now on

Last edited:

Mr Unbelievable

Premium Platinum
Nov 27, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Arsenal
We take all the small forwards who have great defensive pressure!
We make them fight for limited spots. We have a monopoly on small forwards with defensive pressure!
We decide who the best are, then when we are ready to move to a taller forward structure and different game plan, we trade the rest to teams who will go small in the forward line.
We have agile taller fast defenders who can handle the pressure of the smaller forwards.
We keep winning flags;):p:rolleyes::rolleyes:
RFC always one step ahead:p:p:p:p:p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back