Delisted 36.Stewart Crameri (2018 - 2018)

Remove this Banner Ad

Can’t understand the negativity around Crameri. Will be on minimum rookie deal, we can de-list after a year, and have absolutely no one as a tall marking option outside of hawk. I think it’s great insurance, low risk, and provides competition for the spud Stanley.
I agree entirely but it still reeks of one last crack at it.

He plays a lot taller than what his height indicates. Some players do.

we will see... I have no immediate mental picture of him pulling in pack marks ..he plays more like a forward/mid ... and his performance will have to be better than average for mine or we are just denying a spot to all those small kids we have been talking about.

Not coming off great numbers last year...

Screen Shot 2017-11-27 at 5.48.40 pm.png
Just to compare Dan Menzel ... ... Crameri offers more tackles I guess.
Screen Shot 2017-11-27 at 5.50.52 pm.png

Not coming off great numbers last year...
He played 2 games and spent the year injured.

At his best he's a handy player and capable of kicking goals. I'm a little more buoyant that most given our lack of ready made depth in that area.

Well we have managed to constantly piss away draft picks on other clubs reject forwards - maybe one will go our way... At least we didn't waste a draft pick on it - still would have preferred we took a new player instead of Hayball.. Club ****ed up if they gave him a contract for 2018.

He played 2 games and spent the year injured.

At his best he's a handy player and capable of kicking goals. I'm a little more buoyant that most given our lack of ready made depth in that area.

So he was reasonable a few years ago ...

As have said previously if he steps up and kicks goals in a finals for us great. If he is played early in the year but gradually the mc fall out of love with him ..and we have not given games to our kids...not so great.

I applaud us trying to improve our forwardline .. and I agree the risk is not huge....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clark- Fail
Stanley - Fail
Black - Fail

Crameri?
Keep this in mind peeps when someone says the club doesn’t try to fix problems. They clearly are. That also includes Walker, Vardy, West, Brown, Buzza and Sav.
We aren’t going to get a pick high enough for a 600+ goal gun anytime soon but they are trying to find solutions.

Height 190 cm (6 ft 3 in)
Weight 96 kg (212 lb)

Was a while ago but whatever

For the first 10 seconds, I thought the entire video was going to be "highlights"
of him guarding space and sitting on the bench.

So he was reasonable a few years ago ...

As have said previously if he steps up and kicks goals in a finals for us great. If he is played early in the year but gradually the mc fall out of love with him ..and we have not given games to our kids...not so great.

I applaud us trying to improve our forwardline .. and I agree the risk is not huge....

I'm seeing another name being added to Mitchell White-Brett Spinks Award for the "great white forward hope of this decade". At least this one didn't cost us too much.

Keep this in mind peeps when someone says the club doesn’t try to fix problems. They clearly are. That also includes Walker, Vardy, West, Brown, Buzza and Sav.
We aren’t going to get a pick high enough for a 600+ goal gun anytime soon but they are trying to find solutions.
This x 1000000

All the negatative posters are failing to realise that we just don’t have the picks to get a gun forward, have to make do with what we can work with and try to develop/recruit someone that can do the role.

I don’t like Crameri but the logic is there and clearly Black isn’t in the club’s plan going forward as a backup/support to Hawkins.

I'm not sure what Crameri provides that is different from Black. If we compare their best seasons against each other, they're pretty similar:
EKtama8.png

Clark- Fail
Stanley - Fail
Black - Fail

Crameri?

Clark - cost us Varcoe
Stanley - Pick 21
Black - Pick 92
Crameri - Pick 16 in the Rookie Draft.

Can only imagine the anger you must have had when we traded pick 8 for Jason Mooney back in 1998. Now, that's a deal that did actually hurt us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back