Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 28, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
For this thread I am creating certain criteria and those 2 criteria is

- Must have played a minimum of 5 games
- Must be under 23 years old as of this moment

Now I know that discounts everyone who was drafted on Friday but as of now we can't really say how good any of those players are going to be yet anyway. I also had 5 games so I was not listing every single one or two game player that everyone from a particular fan base insists is going to be a star but no one else knows anything about.

I have also allowed people to have 6 votes within the poll.

Adelaide (4)
Milera, M.Crouch, Knight, Kelly

GWS (5)
Perryman, Taranto, Hopper, Himmelberg, Kelly

Port Adelaide (6)
Powell-Pepper, Johnson, Houston, Howard, Byrne-Jones, Amon

West Coast (7)
Cole, Partington, Duggan, Nelson, Barrass, Karpany, Sheed

Collingwood (8)
Brown, Crocker, Maynard, Phillips, De Goey, Moore, Aish, Scharenberg,

Essendon (8)
McGrath, Francis, Parish, Langford, Laverde, McKenna, Merrett, Fantasia

Geelong (8)
Z.Guthrie, Simpson, Parfitt, Parsons, Cockatoo, Gregson, Buzza, Kolodjashnij

Hawthorn (8)
Glass, Hardwick, Burton, Howe, Impey, Willsmore, Sicily, Heatherley

Sydney (10)
Hayward, Florent, Mills, Melican, Papley, Heeney, Rose, Foote, Hewett, Jones

North Melbourne (11)
Simpkin, Clarke, Mountford, Durdin, Nielson, Vickers-Willis, Tuner, Dumont, Preuss, McDonald, Hartung

Richmond (11)
Bolton, Graham, Rioli, Corey, Menadue, Castagna, Butler, Markov, Soldo, Short, Drummond

St Kilda (11)
Gresham, Goddard, Lonie, McKenzie, McCartin, Steele, Acres, Billings, Austin, Sinclair, Dunston

Fremantle (12)
Cox, Darcy, Logue, Tucker, Blakely, Ryan, Landon, Grey, Pearce, McCarthy, Apeness, Hughes

Melbourne (13)
Oliver, Weiderman, Stretch, O.McDonald, Lever, Brayshaw, Neal-Bullen, Petracca, Harmes, Salem, Hunt, Kenndy-Harris, Hogan

Western Bulldogs (13)
Young, Williams, Schache, Dunkley, Cordy, Dale, Daniel, Webb, McLean, Bontempelli, Boyd, Hunnychurch, Hunter

Carlton (15)
Williamson, Fisher, Macreadie, Petrevski-Seton, Silvagni, Weitering, Kennedy, Cunningham, Curnow, Marchbank, Pickett, Garlett, Lang, Cripps, Byrne

Gold Coast (15)
Ainsworth, Bowes, Macpherson, Ah Chee, Spencer, Fiorini, Joyce, Schoenfield, Wright, Weller, Miller, Kolodjashnij, Willis, Leslie, Martin

Brisbane (17)
Witherden, Allison, McCluggage, Berry, Hipwood, Cox, Keays, Mathieson, Andrews, Dawson, Barrett, Gardiner, Smith, McStay, Robertson, Cutler, Taylor

Brisbane just by weight of numbers.

Melbourne would be the best pick from the Victorian sides. They are going to be a very good side in the future.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oliver, Hogan, Petracca & Lever have all shown they are guns at AFL level and should be A grade players

Hunt, Salem, Neal-Bullen, O McDonald, Harmes, Brayshaw, Weideman and Stretch have all played a lot of senior footy and look like long term AFL prospects too.

That's best debt. DEBT. Kids...something the adults that run the club may or may not have.
That may have been funny if we were in debt, but carry on, kid.

Last edited:
Only one of those lists has an All-Australian + a Rising Star winner - Essendon. Add in elite talent like Parish and Fantasia and it has to be us.
I’d say we’d have around the 6th/7th best crop but we’d be bumped up to the top tier if Daniher was included.

Sydney (10)
Hayward, Florent, Mills, Melican, Papley, Heeney, Rose, Foote, Hewett, Jones

Heeney, Mills, Papley, Hewett and Jones are clearly best 22. Melican should be too going forward. Hayward and Florent have just had the one season. Other than Rose and Foote, who won't be on the list in 12 months, I think that is a very strong list for a team that hasn't been at the bottom for quite some time.

Maynard, De Goey and Moore are the only ones who can become stars out of our group. Brown and Scharenberg can become good players the rest desperately need to add strings to their bow as they're average.

They don't fit the critieria but Kirby and Daicos will probably turn into good players as well, Kirby has star potential if he gets his body right.

All due respect.

Who thinks this is a good idea for a thread?, shitfights ensue.

Melbourne - Top end kids could all be elite.

Brisbane - A heap of kids and a lot of them are extremely talented.

I won't vote for my own team but I'd have us top 3 or 4 for youth.

Only one of those lists has an All-Australian + a Rising Star winner - Essendon. Add in elite talent like Parish and Fantasia and it has to be us.

Only one of those lists has 7 premiership players and a dual best and fairest winner.

But on paper, probably Melbourne, they really need to turn that talent into finals in 2018.

Melbourne and brisbane by a mile. Brisbane shouldn't be down the bottom for too much longer if they play their cards right; personally, i think they are. Getting beams and cameron home, getting hodge in, using their academy players, bringing in a new coaching group and looking at new facilities as well as all of the first round picks that they have in that team. Will rise up the ladder soon enough. Melbourne should be pushing for a top 4 placing this season. That list is great and getting lever adds so much flexibility to it. They need to sort out their mentality if anything, basically a younger GWS.

On my own team, well our best youth prospect joined the club on friday so i think we're a bit off at the moment. Need another season down the bottom to add more elite talent to that list above (not that the players there are bad -just most are good KPP projects or future B graders).

Back