Player Watch #13: Jack Higgins

Remove this Banner Ad

In 1996 the author Jack Higgins wrote the novel "Year of the Tiger"
In 2017 the "Year of the Tiger" Richmond select teenager Jack Higgins in the draft.
Coincidence? I think not ;)
Year+of+the+Tiger+Harper.jpg

Great find.

There is no way Balta or Miller will play round one.Miller wont play for at least 2 years and Balta cant play until he knows how to play Afl or starts watching games.What are guys thinking geeze!

have you watched him play a game yet?/

Anyone seen the interview with Jack from earlier on in the year that Richmond have posted on the Richmond website?

This kid is determined to make it!

Never read anything like it before. A unique specimen. Can’t recall seeing, hearing or reading about determination like it - closest I can think of was that Rudy story about the Notre Dame college football kid but even that wasn’t even at the pro level

Not that it matters, but Greene comparisons ain’t bad, but I see heaps of Zorko in Higgins from his personality to footy

Zorko from what Ive seen is explosive off the mark. I might be wrong but I’m thinking that’s the difference between the two, jigga ain’t exactly quick off over 20m

Not that it matters, but Greene comparisons ain’t bad, but I see heaps of Zorko in Higgins from his personality to footy

If he’s half as good as Zorko I would be stoked
Would fit in well with our forward and mid rotations

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds like the sort of guy that is never going to give up and one that will fight to death. The real "go into the trenches with" type team mate. Hard not to be excited about his attitude and what he can produce

Worse case scenario he becomes a great coach for Tigerland and his focus and passion rubs off on the other players

Why is height a factor between Short and Broad?
I would have thought that would be obvious. Broad could take Tex, Jenkins and lynch when swap overs required as well as keep pace with Cameron and Betts at ground level.
I was going to say long and skinny is better than short and broad, but the Skeleton's answer nails it. :alien:

Of course he hasn't , never let the facts get in the way of a good story
Ehsts
No but I've revised draft reports from people that have in addition to his results at draft camp ' like as quick as all get out and 30/30 goal kick test , more meaningful than an opinion straight from the clacker
Fair enough, he looks like a chance then. I like Callum Moore to play forward

I noticed after the Dogs had pick 16 read out and we were on the clock it only took like 15 seconds for us to lock our pick in. The recruiters must have though "s**t what's Higgins doing there, lock him in quick"

If it was Dodoro he would have taken the full allotment of time, and then requested extra time.

Loves himself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steve Johnson comparisons?
Talented and not overly blessed with pace and some type of self belief/arrogance.

Seems like he may become a bit of a pest to opposing teams as well.

SJ was 189cm, so the comparison is quite literally, a stretch. I get the shitheadedness part.

Steve Milne for mine. If he's half as good as the 'tip rat', happy days. Oppos' will hate him, and we'll feast on their hate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back