Alex Wright (Norwood)

Jack Tuthill

North Launceston

Ins:

Outs:

Michael Stingel (Norwood)
Tom Bennett
Corey Nankervis

* will only add confirmed as there are obviously heaps of rumours out there.

* post here and I’ll add on

Last edited:
You Made a silly 'comment' about a club. I respond in kind & away you go. Thats BF. If you don't want a response, then don't post.
+

Now now children.

ON a serious note, I have been told that the numbers are low and there have been a few departures of key players. It would be a shame now to see this happened after the club has fought really hard to get the name back.

+

Now now children.

ON a serious note, I have been told that the numbers are low and there have been a few departures of key players. It would be a shame now to see this happened after the club has fought really hard to get the name back.

I don't think 'the fight' was good in the short term. It had to happen. You can't have an unelected board. At our level of football, people have to have a buy in. I hope the players realise why it all happened & they can see it as a positive for the future strength of the club. Other SFL & OS clubs are always hovering. One can't do much but hope the new board move the clubs finances & structures forward as soon as possible.
I think all clubs are under stress one way or another. Maybe NL have the best system now & having 2 clubs in the area will make it easier moving forward, also for Launy. They could both be in the GF next year.
We've always wanted a balanced competition so far as access to players goes. The leagues managers have continually failed to achieve this. The structures in SWL 1&2 were continually buggered up by management. Thats still the case. Pity.

I don't think 'the fight' was good in the short term. It had to happen. You can't have an unelected board. At our level of football, people have to have a buy in. I hope the players realise why it all happened & they can see it as a positive for the future strength of the club. Other SFL & OS clubs are always hovering. One can't do much but hope the new board move the clubs finances & structures forward as soon as possible.
I think all clubs are under stress one way or another. Maybe NL have the best system now & having 2 clubs in the area will make it easier moving forward, also for Launy. They could both be in the GF next year.
We've always wanted a balanced competition so far as access to players goes. The leagues managers have continually failed to achieve this. The structures in SWL 1&2 were continually buggered up by management. Thats still the case. Pity.

Couldn't agree more. Although I don't think the players will realise, and if they do, it will be too late. As they may have already moved on. IMO the club should never have allowed it to change in the first place.

Couldn't agree more. Although I don't think the players will realise, and if they do, it will be too late. As they may have already moved on. IMO the club should never have allowed it to change in the first place.

Absolutely agree. I think the club stupidly allowed themselves to be hoodwinked, very badly. It's cost NHFC dearly.

Absolutely agree. I think the club stupidly allowed themselves to be hoodwinked, very badly. It's cost NHFC dearly.
This is the reason (well one of the key ones anyway) why we got out and went back to the SFL.
Interesting to note that quite a few key people involved at doing that to your club were the same ones that pulled the same stunts at ours in the mid-2000s.
I won't kid you, it'll take a lot of time to heal the rifts and start to move forward again.
We played in the finals in '99, '00, '01, '03, '04, '06, '07, '08 (the latter three as the Lions) but had almost no supporters after becoming the Lions. The players were more for it than the supporters and a lot of supporters ended up walking away.
When we came back as the Tigers in 2009 to play TSL there were players that still wanted us to remain as the Lions and they went to other clubs when we resumed our traditional uniform, emblem and colours.
It's been a long battle to come back from where we were pre-2005 and for all intents and purposes, we still haven't.
One finals match in nine years.
It'll be a long road ahead after the damage caused.

This is the reason (well one of the key ones anyway) why we got out and went back to the SFL.
Interesting to note that quite a few key people involved at doing that to your club were the same ones that pulled the same stunts at ours in the mid-2000s.
I won't kid you, it'll take a lot of time to heal the rifts and start to move forward again.
We played in the finals in '99, '00, '01, '03, '04, '06, '07, '08 (the latter three as the Lions) but had almost no supporters after becoming the Lions. The players were more for it than the supporters and a lot of supporters ended up walking away.
When we came back as the Tigers in 2009 to play TSL there were players that still wanted us to remain as the Lions and they went to other clubs when we resumed our traditional uniform, emblem and colours.
It's been a long battle to come back from where we were pre-2005 and for all intents and purposes, we still haven't.

I really don't see the point in changing things just for something to do especially with names and colours that the club has built its foundation on. Some people just don't get it.

I moved to Tassie in 98 when statewide was struggling a bit but the crowds and the quality of the league was still strong. People just didnt' realise that clubs were spending way above what they could afford which would eventually f*ck it. To see where football is now in this state is actually quite sad.

No doubt. The NHFC juniors are the Demons, so at least the youngsters coming through will have no problem with the change back. The real work will be in getting the club finances back on track. The return to some on ground strength & stability will follow. I guess thats why some of us thought the club needed to find a high level coach. But good luck to Bear. He's a great guy so I hope he manages the job well.

No doubt. The NHFC juniors are the Demons, so at least the youngsters coming through will have no problem with the change back. The real work will be in getting the club finances back on track. The return to some on ground strength & stability will follow. I guess thats why some of us thought the club needed to find a high level coach. But good luck to Bear. He's a great guy so I hope he manages the job well.

Was always going to be hard to find someone with the timeframe the club was left with.

So where did all the money go? The club had ample money sitting in a trust account that they used for a scholarship program.

Was always going to be hard to find someone with the timeframe the club was left with.

So where did all the money go? The club had ample money sitting in a trust account that they used for a scholarship program.

No organisation or club with any brains at all is going to spend its assets on recurrent expenditure. I believe the tridents have had some investments & They were to be used for such things as the scholarship program, club facilities etc. The club will have to work to improve its income streams, so its day to day running costs are better covered.

I doubt NHFC is the only club struggling to improve its finances.

It makes it tough when some SFL clubs target some good young kids & lure them away. I heard AFLTas were looking at introducing a player points cap. That might ease the pressure on the salary cap issue, a little bit anyway. If the TSL was a sustainable league, each club should be able to sustain a salary cap of $200k. Its only 1/2 that at present. Even then you're not going to be able to completely counter some SFL clubs like Lindisfarne & Claremont who seem to throw money around like confetti. I recon the rest of the SFL clubs would be sick of that. So a players points cap might be interesting.

It makes it tough when some SFL clubs target some good young kids & lure them away. I heard AFLTas were looking at introducing a player points cap. That might ease the pressure on the salary cap issue, a little bit anyway. If the TSL was a sustainable league, each club should be able to sustain a salary cap of $200k. Its only 1/2 that at present. Even then you're not going to be able to completely counter some SFL clubs like Lindisfarne & Claremont who seem to throw money around like confetti. I recon the rest of the SFL clubs would be sick of that. So a players points cap might be interesting.
Ah yes the old "they're all locals!" "They only gittun' sevenny bucks a game!" line we've been hearing in the SFL for years.
Everyone knows it's crap (someone at Lindisfarne mentioned Cass was on about $4-500 a game and he was not the highest paid by any stretch) and hence why the crowds have been on the slide in the SFL over the past several years.
Ironically, the SFL introduced a points system in 2016 after the absurd situation in 2014 where you had one side 30 goals better than the rest of the league and the second placed team about 25 goals better with sides that would've handled themselves reasonably well in the TSL at the time.
2016 was the only season in a number of years where you didn't have one or two sides a clear twenty goals better than anyone else because of stacked sides. Lindisfarne topped the ladder with only one loss but they still looked beatable and eventually were.
That seemed to go by the wayside this past season and whattaya know? Back to the same old problem of two sides dominating the league once again!
As to North Hobart's problems of raising revenue, that's very simple.
North had a very, very dilligent sponsorship organiser by the name of David Omant who was probably more responsible for keeping the club afloat over the years than anybody.
When this unfortunate issue with the attempted forced amalgamation with the Tigers and the loss of name and jumper happened, the stress of the whole situation made the man very ill and he's now no longer capable of carrying out those duties.
His expertise has been lost and won't be readily replaced any time soon.

Ah yes the old "they're all locals!" "They only gittun' sevenny bucks a game!" line we've been hearing in the SFL for years.
Everyone knows it's crap (someone at Lindisfarne mentioned Cass was on about $4-500 a game and he was not the highest paid by any stretch) and hence why the crowds have been on the slide in the SFL over the past several years.
Ironically, the SFL introduced a points system in 2016 after the absurd situation in 2014 where you had one side 30 goals better than the rest of the league and the second placed team about 25 goals better with sides that would've handled themselves reasonably well in the TSL at the time.
2016 was the only season in a number of years where you didn't have one or two sides a clear twenty goals better than anyone else because of stacked sides. Lindisfarne topped the ladder with only one loss but they still looked beatable and eventually were.
That seemed to go by the wayside this past season and whattaya know? Back to the same old problem of two sides dominating the league once again!
North had a very, very dilligent sponsorship organiser by the name of David Omant who was probably more responsible for keeping the club afloat over the years than anybody.
When this unfortunate issue with the attempted forced amalgamation with the Tigers and the loss of name and jumper happened, the stress of the whole situation made the man very ill and he's now no longer capable of carrying out those duties.

The SFL have a real problem. It might even cost the solidarity of the competition. I can see it becoming a two tier competition in the future.

I think the situation of David shows the problem & pressures on volunteers who love what they do so much, they feel guilty & suffer when things go wrong. He didn't need to, he's a champion of the club. People willing to put such an effort in to help their club are getting harder to find. Indeed to pressure falls on fewer & fewer people that are left.

The points system may take time to take effect, if at all??

Daisy was a legend, loved to leave food around his mouth as well but they guy worked tirelessly to get sponsorship for the club. The paperwork and admin forced on clubs now is ridiculous, as most of it is done by volunteers.

Brody Mihocek drafted to Collingwood in todays rookie draft. He is the second young Burnie player drafted from the Dockers 2012 premiership team after Robbie Fox was drafted to Sydney last year. Best of luck to Brody and Hugh Dixon from the Tigers with their AFL careers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently club legend Darryn Perry told NH to get stuffed and walked away after a number of people at the club made some supposedly shabby comments about his son coaching the Hobart 18s to a flag this year.
Will no doubt be following his son to Lauderdale where young Will is the development coach.
After all the good will of going back to being NH again it sounds like their in for a tough time of it with not much experience and low numbers on the track presuming if whats said above is true!

Apparently club legend Darryn Perry told NH to get stuffed and walked away after a number of people at the club made some supposedly shabby comments about his son coaching the Hobart 18s to a flag this year.
Will no doubt be following his son to Lauderdale where young Will is the development coach.
After all the good will of going back to being NH again it sounds like their in for a tough time of it with not much experience and low numbers on the track presuming if whats said above is true!

Thats unfortunate if true. I haven't heard it. Given that every club has its crop of ignorant idiots, that sort of thing wouldn't surprise. I don't see the point of saying things about someone who takes an opportunity at another club if their was no position at your home club. Surely you would wish them all the best, even if you didn't really mean it. ;)

Roo Stew,
list of Clarence players being courted by other clubs i was told last night at the pub, apparently they cant stand assistant coach tisdale. what will MR webberly do. i think Jeremy has a bit of sweet talking to do. yes Sam Siggins is trying to get back to afl but their is unrest at roo land apparently. At this stage they haven't any trainers for preseason or season proper they have walked. Can any one else confirm deny the going's on. Might have to ring roger the dodger to see if the buck stops with him.

Players: Sam Siggins, Aiden Grace, Nick Raglioni, Kyle Palmer Hughes, Jarrod Fisher, Jorden Roberts, James Holmes, Zac Mastracola, Justin Obrien, Jack Gleeson, Tim Castle, Alex Silver, Cooper Leek, jackson obrien signed but might not play, Luke Murfit Cowen, Ben Mcguiness, there were others a total of 21 named but i cant remember their names, floating back teeth part of the problem.

Nice to see that even the clubs that throw the money around cant solve some of their problems with cash. Apparently this tisdale bloke has made it known to my mate who he runs with, that he wants the senior position next year at earliest the following year the latest. Apparently he is the actual coach running drills, fitness programs, game plan concepts, etc for the club all poached from the mariners program which he was part of. The river boys might be up to their necks in it, one can only hope.... Jeremy wants to hope he doesn't end up like big bart did last year......Oh well time will tell.

Roo Stew,
list of Clarence players being courted by other clubs i was told last night at the pub, apparently they cant stand assistant coach tisdale. what will MR webberly do. i think Jeremy has a bit of sweet talking to do. yes Sam Siggins is trying to get back to afl but their is unrest at roo land apparently. At this stage they haven't any trainers for preseason or season proper they have walked. Can any one else confirm deny the going's on. Might have to ring roger the dodger to see if the buck stops with him.

Players: Sam Siggins, Aiden Grace, Nick Raglioni, Kyle Palmer Hughes, Jarrod Fisher, Jorden Roberts, James Holmes, Zac Mastracola, Justin Obrien, Jack Gleeson, Tim Castle, Alex Silver, Cooper Leek, jackson obrien signed but might not play, Luke Murfit Cowen, Ben Mcguiness, there were others a total of 21 named but i cant remember their names, floating back teeth part of the problem.

Nice to see that even the clubs that throw the money around cant solve some of their problems with cash. Apparently this tisdale bloke has made it known to my mate who he runs with, that he wants the senior position next year at earliest the following year the latest. Apparently he is the actual coach running drills, fitness programs, game plan concepts, etc for the club all poached from the mariners program which he was part of. The river boys might be up to their necks in it, one can only hope.... Jeremy wants to hope he doesn't end up like big bart did last year......Oh well time will tell.

So the Karma bus has finally arrived at Bellerive.
A lot of the names you have there are young players who have come though there underage. Could it be the case that these players are sick of busting there backside, while the club pays money to attract players from other clubs?

I can sense your glee over these rumours.

It is the silly season, so I guess we won't know the true situation at Clarence or any other club for a while yet.

Must admit there is a bit of enjoyment in it. Saying that I heard on the radio that Clarence have lost 8 players. Its either true or they have been reading this board.

Yes I was told this one last week. Bit sad given that he's been such a staunch North man for so long.
I doubt he'll be following him to Lauderdale, he was very much against him going there and told him to stay at Hobart.
The HFC actually offered Nev more money than he will get at Lauderdale but he chose to step up to the TSL. I'm tipping he'll be using it as a stepping stone to higher duties and good luck to him.
They also made a big offer to Ian Callinan but he wanted to play with his old mates in the Old Scholars and turned the Tigers down.
Looks like Hobart might have to play a few home games down at North Hobart Oval next season given that the TCA Ground won't be ready until well into the season.

Herd from some mates that are former Clarence players that they have had crisis meeting(s) ... and had to call webberrley back early from his overseas holiday

Sounds to be a fair bit of unrest at roo-land

Herd from some mates that are former Clarence players that they have had crisis meeting(s) ... and had to call webberrley back early from his overseas holiday

Sounds to be a fair bit of unrest at roo-land
No probls Rodger the Dodger will wave his magic wand (AFL give them more money/allowed to play heaps over the salary cap )

Remove this Banner Ad

Back