Traded 13. Lachlan Fogarty (2018 -2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

I have to laugh at that classification... people are calling kids slow with a 0.2 sec difference..

2.9 - 3.1...

not having a go at you but getting the undies all wadded up over 2/10ths of a second...

yup.. that will be the difference between making it and not....

GO Catters
Actually it does make a difference. A big difference. If a player is slow he needs to have other parts to their game that are exceptional

Actually it does make a difference. A big difference. If a player is slow he needs to have other parts to their game that are exceptional

And of course you can rate the 2/10ths of sec difference in players in game performances...:rolleyes:

you are seriously gonna hold an argument - cause thats what you do - over 2 tenths... its a big difference....

Its a big difference LOL....

Please continue this idiocy - your next set of points awaits you.

GO Catters

Got to remember 3.05 is a test time.
If his natural instinct is not to take 4 quick steps when he has the ball then yes he will be regarded as slow.

Constable reminds me of a blend of Lonergan and Goddard. Wierd pairing I know. Neither of those are quick.
Yep breakaway speed is where it's at,the first 10 mtrs is everything, 20mtr time trials are indication only and mean little in the foot world.

And of course you can rate the 2/10ths of sec difference in players in game performances...:rolleyes:

you are seriously gonna hold an argument - cause thats what you do - over 2 tenths... its a big difference....

GO Catters
It equates to a few metres. The difference between being able to mark in space or having a mark punched away

Not sure why you are melting in your posts. No need to threaten me with points. I expect better from you tbh

I have to laugh at that classification... people are calling kids slow with a 0.2 sec difference..

2.9 - 3.1...

not having a go at you but getting the undies all wadded up over 2/10ths of a second...

yup.. that will be the difference between making it and not....

GO Catters
I never said he will make it based on his 20m sprint time. Just saying his thereabouts with speed and better than some we were linked to; yet he was criticized by the pundits and recruiters for his running... Both speed and endurance.

Got to remember 3.05 is a test time.
If his natural instinct is not to take 4 quick steps when he has the ball then yes he will be regarded as slow.

Constable reminds me of a blend of Lonergan and Goddard. Wierd pairing I know. Neither of those are quick.
I think Lonergan was quick of a few steps, one of the key reasons he was a great shutdown defender, particularly against quick key forwards like Buddy.

No, the slow concerns raised by the pundits were in relation to Constable, but his preseason 20m sprint time was not so bad at 3.05secs. Probably the main reason he slipped.

His 191cm and a big bodied mid. Doesn’t need to be in the quick bracket.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it weird that out of all our draftees our first one Fog is the one I feel least sure of?
Imo he's definitely the quality... the only issue is that we haven't had a great track record with particularly small guys of late. I do think he's a good choice, but I suppose time will tell.

GO Catters

Tend to agree Daz , 2/10th of a second is significant in a race here both react to a starting gun but footy isn't like that.
A small speed differential can be negated by a smart footballer who reacts quicker to an opportunity , uses his body or hands to unbalance his opponent , gets a block from a teammate , uses his body to keep his opponent out of the contest or just reads the flight of the ball better . It's the old footballer v athlete argument :)

It does not equate to a few metres. Tony Barber got it right, this is nonsense.

If you use 20m in 3 secs as a "standard" then that equates to 6.666m/sec, not taking into account that you are starting from a standing position. Therefore at the very best 0.2sec equates to 1.33m. Because you are really considering the distance at the end of the sprint,where you are at your quickest, then I think it could be easily extrapolated to at least 2.5-3m. That is quite a significant distance over 20m. Which is why this test is actually conducted.

I get the feeling though that Miers might actually be a bit quicker than he tested.

If you use 20m in 3 secs as a "standard" then that equates to 6.666m/sec, not taking into account that you are starting from a standing position. Therefore at the very best 0.2sec equates to 1.33m. Because you are really considering the distance at the end of the sprint,where you are at your quickest, then I think it could be easily extrapolated to at least 2.5-3m. That is quite a significant distance over 20m. Which is why this test is actually conducted.

I get the feeling though that Miers might actually be a bit quicker than he tested.
Yeah not sure why people are having a crack at me. He was one if the slowest players tested. Most of the ruckman beat him in the sprints.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back