The Manager Merry-go-Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 18, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I honestly think your Pardew's, Allarcyce, Pulis, Warnock, Moyes etc. are what make the Premier League the best league in the world. It's just so hilarious the way they keep popping up at a new club all the time.

They're almost like sitcom characters the lot of em. One wears a baseball cap 24/7, another one can't pronounce the letter "r" etc. I think they're all fantastic just so long as they're not at my club.

DrnsnW.gif

giphy.gif

What other league do you get this sort of stuff?

Jun 2, 2012
Ballarat
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton
If Big Sam only came in as manager until the end of the season I'd be content. Eliminates the risk or relegation, brings back the basics and stabilises the team.

Go back in for Marco Silva at the end of the season or a bigger fish.

I just have the feeling it's going to be atleast an 18 month contract.

If Big Sam only came in as manager until the end of the season I'd be content. Eliminates the risk or relegation, brings back the basics and stabilises the team.

Go back in for Marco Silva at the end of the season or a bigger fish.

I just have the feeling it's going to be atleast an 18 month contract.
Yep agree with all that. Fat Sam to get you to avoid relegation,

Then Silva to build a new team around guys like Pickford, Keane, Coleman, Gueye, Davies, 1 of Barkley/Siggy and Bolasie in the summer window.

Jun 2, 2012
Ballarat
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton
Yep agree with all that. Fat Sam to get you to avoid relegation,

Then Silva to build a new team around guys like Pickford, Keane, Coleman, Gueye, Davies, 1 of Barkley/Siggy and Bolasie in the summer window.
If it was as smooth as that I'd be very content, just have to wait to see how long his contract is for.

The spine of the side is good and we've got some good young players developing but other than who you've mentioned almost everyone can go.

Established1870

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 28, 2016
Tigris River
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
Just saw that Everton are (or were) looking at Fonsesca from Shakhtar. I know Silva is hot property but this guy has Shakhtar almost into the UCL knockout rounds over Napoli of all teams. Would be an interesting appointment but Big Sam is all but locked in until the end of the season at least.

If it was as smooth as that I'd be very content, just have to wait to see how long his contract is for.

The spine of the side is good and we've got some good young players developing but other than who you've mentioned almost everyone can go.
I'd keep Baines as a short term LB and Mori, Rooney, Niasse and Schneiderlin as bench players as well as Lookman and Cal-Lewin as top youth products coming off the bench.

I honestly think your Pardew's, Allarcyce, Pulis, Warnock, Moyes etc. are what make the Premier League the best league in the world. It's just so hilarious the way they keep popping up at a new club all the time.

They're almost like sitcom characters the lot of em. One wears a baseball cap 24/7, another one can't pronounce the letter "r" etc. I think they're all fantastic just so long as they're not at my club.

DrnsnW.gif

giphy.gif

What other league do you get this sort of stuff?

I thought Hodgson at Liverpool was hilarious to be honest. Can't wait for Big Sam to get a go.

Dec 12, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bombers/Liverpool FC
Didn't palace give him a multi-year deal, which meant they had give him a massive payout when he inevitably "retired"?

You get paid out when you retire? Thought it'd mean he forfeits it

He'd win the treble if he was managing Real.

Big Sam's chance at the big time, buddy

largebus

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 22, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool, Nationals, Pelicans
You get paid out when you retire? Thought it'd mean he forfeits it
Vickery retired and still gets paid 500k. Different sport I know but the fact is it's a contract so he probably gets some sort of relatively small lump sum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back