Discussion Twenty20 Australia Season 2: Franchise Owner Announcement and Discussion

Grandsun

Club Legend
Jan 9, 2015
AFL Club
Gold Coast
The idea behind the alternative was that we had a vote at the start of bidding and the vote was in favor of an alternative

The idea behind the alternative was that we had a vote at the start of bidding and the vote was in favor of an alternative
He's asking what the alternative design is meant to be though (clash, heritage, charity, location etc.) this wasn't established and will lead to a one off round with zero theme at all.

Grandsun

Club Legend
Jan 9, 2015
AFL Club
Gold Coast
He's asking what the alternative design is meant to be though (clash, heritage, charity, location etc.) this wasn't established and will lead to a one off round with zero theme at all.
the plan was for an alternative design to branch to what ever theme you want to

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Packers, Raptors, Renegades
Last edited:
I've received:

El_Scorcho - Canberra Surge
ScottFreo - Sydney Spectres
Barrybran - Western Miners
Not Again - West Port Duskmakers
sjohnson - Hobart Bandits
caloschwaby - Dockland Raiders
Bwillow11 - Launceston Craze
magpienato - Melbourne Titans
Fizzler - Adelaide Volts
fancyscum - Adelaide Rogues
craegus - East Cape Dawnbreakers
Spanna_ - Perth Rush
Freight Train - Fremantle Armada

Which leaves me waiting on: _Damo_ Grandsun SilvaComet rorydelight akkaps Bryce_Jersey17

You have 23 hours and 55 minutes to hand in as of this post being made. (Midnight AWST if you couldn't figure that out).

Apr 23, 2012
The Riff
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Sydney Swans, St Kilda Saints
Evening lads. Unfortunately, like the Galic football comp, I feel I will need to bow out of this comp as well. Work is really getting the better of me and I get next to no time to sit and relax, let alone design. My apologies to Freight Train as well, I know I said Id have an entry, and this so late in the process too.

My plan in the new year is to sit down, work out exactly what my teams are, their identities and overhaul the whole image. Hopefully, I can create some truly strong and competitive brands for the future.

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs
Evening lads. Unfortunately, like the Galic football comp, I feel I will need to bow out of this comp as well. Work is really getting the better of me and I get next to no time to sit and relax, let alone design. My apologies to Freight Train as well, I know I said Id have an entry, and this so late in the process too.

My plan in the new year is to sit down, work out exactly what my teams are, their identities and overhaul the whole image. Hopefully, I can create some truly strong and competitive brands for the future.

I definitely think you suffer from a bit of a lack of identity in the NAFL, with

2013/14 - Berwick Bobcats in Black and Red
2014/15 - Bass Straight Swordfish in Blue and Silver
2015/16 - Southern Tip Swordfish in Blue and Silver
2016/17 - Bass Straight Bobcats in Green
2017/18 - Port Macquarie Mariners in Blue and Black

Others, like ScottFreo and Dylan8, have changed their identity up over the years with some success, although Dylan has probably really only hit his straps after spending some time on the Melbourne Foxes. In a league with so many long term identities (Phoenix, Hornets, Miners, Makos, Tigers, Kookaburras, Boomers, Pirates), it's probably a good idea to really try to solidify your branding for a few years at least.

Okay so I only have 13 entries and I'd love to have 14 - so if anyone wants to get a team in this weekend, they can have the 14th spot.

Let me know if anyone can.

Okay so I only have 13 entries and I'd love to have 14 - so if anyone wants to get a team in this weekend, they can have the 14th spot.

Let me know if anyone can.
Dylan8 ?

NvYOcj5.png

Groups have been finalised. The fixture draw will take place tomorrow, Round One will go up tomorrow night.

Back