Traded 11. Tim Kelly (2018 - 2019)

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks for the info....

Promised things?... WA clubs? ... Well he is a Geelong player now ..and hopefully we are a good fit for him and his family.

as all clubs do with some of these kids.. the usual "if you're available at so and so pick we'll be looking to take you".. then "sorry, we'll have a look in the rookie".

I'm not saying that there were ever 18 clubs looking at him, just that each year he nominated there were always lots of calls etc. probably the same as every kid that nominates.
they are a great family, great values. of course they'd (as would i) love him to be in WA but he couldn't have more support than he does with them.
personally i'm glad he's at Geelong, i just hope he get's a crack and cements himself, going to be tough with the danger, selwood x 2, ablett, duncan, guthrie, menegola list, but i'm confident he won't give up.

as all clubs do with some of these kids.. the usual "if you're available at so and so pick we'll be looking to take you".. then "sorry, we'll have a look in the rookie".

I'm not saying that there were ever 18 clubs looking at him, just that each year he nominated there were always lots of calls etc. probably the same as every kid that nominates.
they are a great family, great values. of course they'd (as would i) love him to be in WA but he couldn't have more support than he does with them.
personally i'm glad he's at Geelong, i just hope he get's a crack and cements himself, going to be tough with the danger, selwood x 2, ablett, duncan, guthrie, menegola list, but i'm confident he won't give up.

Very few players would have an iron clad certainty that they will be drafted ... and they mostly would be players in discussion pre draft in phantoms etc. Can you imagine what kids like Moore and Garner must have felt as the draft was sliding to a finishing. Sure its tough competition for spots but loss of Motlop does give an opening of sorts ... Its doesnt look like his football talent will be the issue. , what may determine if he is in the consideration spotlight is the way he trains over summer. Id say Menegola is probably a fair comparison .. if he can get out and be in the front group in sprints or do well in the distance runs behind Blitz then he will be right in it.

He needs to at least be best 22 come round one. Anything less and I personally think it’s a bit of a failure.

He will have improvement left in him as he has never been in an AFL system, but you would hope he is good enough to the point of contributing in our seniors.

I know he is a different player, but a similar trajectory to Puopolo is a great example of what to hopefully expect.

Came in as a senior player and slotted in right away, played his role and did a good job. Slowly developed his craft over the years and turned into one of the games premier small forwards.

Point is that he doesn’t need to burn the house down from day one, but he does need to be a regular and play good football coming in at age 23/24
This guy has far more talent then poppy.

On what? Just how many social media platforms does one have to participate on? What about just putting them on the geelong website..
completely agree.

I dont mind the multiple platforms but FFS add it to the website - it cant be that ******* hard.

GO Catters

I can’t find the interviews on the Cats Instagram anyway...

If you tap the cats logo with the play symbol in it then you can see the interviews. Should be able to see it in my screenshot.

Completely agree with others about just putting it on the website. I must be getting old

Attachments

• IMG_2404.PNG
    IMG_2404.PNG
    160.2 KB · Views: 100

(Log in to remove this ad.)

completely agree.

I dont mind the multiple platforms but FFS add it to the website - it cant be that ******* hard.

GO Catters
Amazingly their online stuff has actually managed to go backwards.

I've got the 76ers app as well, for comparison they have heaps of new content pretty much every day.
While I know the respective budgets are miles apart... surely it's not that hard to put up interviews that were done at 10am this morning

Amazingly their online stuff has actually managed to go backwards.

I've got the 76ers app as well, for comparison they have heaps of new content pretty much every day.
While I know the respective budgets are miles apart... surely it's not that hard to put up interviews that were done at 10am this morning

Ever thought of contacting the club and suggesting that they do just that?

I don't have an Instant gram.

Just stand in Barkly street and wave some cash around. That should do the trick.

Ever thought of contacting the club and suggesting that they do just that?
Because I've had so much success getting responses from the club in the past...

Because I've had so much success getting responses from the club in the past...
niB766dKT.jpeg

I still can't find the interviews. Ah well, I'll wait until 2019 when the club gets around to putting them up on the website.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back