Delisted 36.Stewart Crameri (2018 - 2018)

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
Dude. He just knows he's insurance and will
Most likely play vfl. He's not
Gonna play ahead of Menzel, Hawkins, cockatoo, Parfitt, McCartney, buzza/Stanley.

He's spewing cos he's making rookie coin and he's gonna play at north Port oval.

I think he may well play in preference to Menzel if we are going to put a high emphasis on def pressure. .. Its up to him to demand selection ..he would never have had a midfield like this one getting the ball into him. Anything less than 2 a game would be an average result for him. The test will be if he is on the side come Sept.. cause we will enough games with or without him thru the season. As long as we continue to see some new faces like Jones and Fogerty while he gets games I'll be happy enough.... and if plays well then he probably will be on better coin next year.

Crawly peter Johnson was his goal kicking coach. That said, I'll buy you a slab if you can und footage of him taking a contested pack mark above his head.

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
A bit unfair I reckon Turbo. I think he was prepared to play for any team if it meant he extended his AFL career. He did say he was excited to "get back out there" and "fit into this great team". I think he is just relieved to be given another shot at his age. Fair enough too. Just hope that his body gives him an opportunity to give him that shot.

Unfair?... Its just what is reported what he said... I think it could have been structured a tad differently. In the end ..its fair to say he has his best shot at playing in a top side.. he was probably duded a flag chance by the Ess saga. At 29 if he is up to it.. he will have no excuses for failure... but he doesn't have to be the best player in the side to do his role.

Crameri suffered a shocking and most unusual injury that kept him out for a very long time. It isn't the sort of injury likely to re-occur...he might be a surprise to some of us here...... before the injury he was a very dangerous lead up forward. Not something we have plenty of.

I think we should give the guy an even break. It may be an inspired and inexpensive choice.

Cram has suffered the most of any individual from the Essendon fiasco. He came back to pre-season in 2016 in ripping form and then got banned for the year, missing out in a premiership.

The report we got on the Bulldogs board mid season from a informed poster, was that he came back in 2017 in really poor shape, and the club was filthy with him. Even so, I think if we hadn't picked up Scache we would have re-signed Cram.

He always played well with Stringer, and they were a lethal combo in 2015, hopefully he can find another forward to double team with for the Cats. After what he has been through I can only wish him the best.

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
A bit unfair I reckon Turbo. I think he was prepared to play for any team if it meant he extended his AFL career. He did say he was excited to "get back out there" and "fit into this great team". I think he is just relieved to be given another shot at his age. Fair enough too. Just hope that his body gives him an opportunity to give him that shot.

Just to add... apparently he is on SEN this morning Crunch Time 11.00am ...so he will get a chance to say how he really feels about playing at Geelong ...

BORIS332

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 22, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Cram has suffered the most of any individual from the Essendon fiasco. He came back to pre-season in 2016 in ripping form and then got banned for the year, missing out in a premiership.

The report we got on the Bulldogs board mid season from a informed poster, was that he came back in 2017 in really poor shape, and the club was filthy with him. Even so, I think if we hadn't picked up Scache we would have re-signed Cram.

He always played well with Stringer, and they were a lethal combo in 2015, hopefully he can find another forward to double team with for the Cats. After what he has been through I can only wish him the best.

From what I’ve seen of him in the past couple of weeks, he doesn’t appear to be in the best shape right now either.

https://player.whooshkaa.com/episode?id=158476

He speaks well, felt a bit like a kid meeting Joel, Gaz, Danger .. Scott has asked if he could play key forward and he said maybe if he bulked up (he's already a fair unit isn't he??)
Wondering if that leads to he and Hawk playing FF/CHF.. or him being a Hawk back up.

He mentioned Boris is the fwd line coach as well which i hadn't heard..

Spazz Cat

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 10, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
https://player.whooshkaa.com/episode?id=158476

He speaks well, felt a bit like a kid meeting Joel, Gaz, Danger .. Scott has asked if he could play key forward and he said maybe if he bulked up (he's already a fair unit isn't he??)
Wondering if that leads to he and Hawk playing FF/CHF.. or him being a Hawk back up.

Cool! It makes sense to me having a genius back as a forward coach.
Teach them how to read the ball and not let defenders run off them.
Even starting to come around to Crameri a little bit if he can hold down FF.

Gonna play ahead of Menzel, Hawkins, cockatoo, Parfitt, McCartney, buzza/Stanley.

He's spewing cos he's making rookie coin and he's gonna play at north Port oval.

Cockatoo parfitt are mids mccarthy is a small forward none of them have anything to do with picking a kpf. And menzel we know is unlikely to be able to play 22 games with his body. Crameri is our 3rd best marking forward behind hawkins and menzel (better than black stanley buzza etc). The only reason he won't be in the 22 is if we decide we won't use blicavs in the ruck in which case eithe stanley or buzza have to play ahead of him because they can do the 2nd ruck role (in buzza's case not ruck that well but still).

The much bigger issue with Crameri is his body and injuries which i am not convinced of. If he is fit he will likely play.

manboob

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts The Cult of Robbo
Feb 11, 2009
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
#rompingwins

I'd love to see Hawk at CHF and Crameri working alongside him with Danger/Ablett/Cockie at FF or Hawk at CHF, Crameri at FF and Ablett/Dangerfield/Cockie wreaking havoc :D

Boris would make an interesting forward coach. Probably more along the lines of what is difficult for backs and defences to stop when it comes to ball movement? Our blokes are talented enough to kick goals it's just getting the ball and them in the right position which has been tricky.

May 20, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Hey, Gary Ablett snr apparently holds the record for kicking the most behinds in VFL/AFL history with 601 behinds (he also kicked over 1000 goals).

My immediate thought was that Buddy must be close to that. Looked it up and Buddy has 860 goals and 616 behinds. So if Ablett didhold that record Buddy will have beaten it by 200 by the time he has retired!

BigCat1

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 22, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
The Mighty Cats
From what I’ve seen of him in the past couple of weeks, he doesn’t appear to be in the best shape right now either.

Exactly he looks really solid. So does Gaz just quietly. KCornes was right he definitely needs to drop 3-5kgs. He's not as lean as he was a couple of yrs ago

How do you know that? VFL fixture hasn't been released yet. :p

Back