List Mgmt. 2018 List Management: 40 + 4 complete

The final wash:

Senior List Changes

IN (7): Oskar Baker (ND48), Harley Balic (Trade In - Fremantle), Bayley Fritsch (ND31), Jake Lever (Trade In - Adelaide), Harrison Petty (ND37), Joel Smith (Rookie elevation), Charlie Spargo (ND29)

OUT (7): Colin Garland
(retired), Liam Hulett (delisted), Ben Kennedy (delisted), Heritier Lumumba (retired), Jake Spencer (delisted), Jack Trengove (delisted), Jack Watts (Trade Out - Port Adelaide)

Current 2018 senior spots vacant: 0/40

Cat A - Rookie List Changes

IN (1): Corey Maynard (Cat A elevation)

OUT (1): Mitch White (delisted)

Current 2018 Cat A rookie spots vacant: 0/4

Cat B - Rookie List Changes

IN (0):

OUT (2): Joel Smith
(Senior List elevation), Corey Maynard (Cat A elevation)

Total 2018 Cat B rookies: 0

Demon 16

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 25, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
So we could still grab a Cat B if we want yeah?

We'd have to be aware of one, and although we've had Joel Smith and Corey Maynard last year, they are unusual.

If we plucked one it would probably be an Irish gaelic player or NBA college reject type.

Can't see it happening as we would most likely already be aware that they have been at the club.

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
We'd have to be aware of one, and although we've had Joel Smith and Corey Maynard last year, they are unusual.

If we plucked one it would probably be an Irish gaelic player or NBA college reject type.

Can't see it happening as we would most likely already be aware that they have been at the club.

Didn't they add exotic / multicultural backgrounds to the category B rookie list criteria? ie a player could have a parent from Thaliand, Ghana, Hoppers Crossing, etc and be eligible for a free crack at the rookie list?

Didn't they add exotic / multicultural backgrounds to the category B rookie list criteria? ie a player could have a parent from Thaliand, Ghana, Hoppers Crossing, etc and be eligible for a free crack at the rookie list?
Only through the academies.

Concerning. Top 10 in experience and he is laying blokes out and getting a 6 week holiday.

Dickhead.
You raise an interesting point.

I was more looking simply at our experience as a team. If I had to guess our top 10 most experienced players (games played), Bugg would not have been in that.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Oh I've moved on, I just don't think he is best 22. That incident kept him out of our best 22. Anyway, good luck to him, he will need it if our youth starts living up to its potential.

Best 22 won't be our 22 most talented players. Its up to everyone to provide as much to the team without the footy as with it. Tyson Hogan Oliver Trac etc are more talented footballers but ANB Harmes AVB and Co work harder without it. Both groups need to work on bridging the gap

Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
Best 22 won't be our 22 most talented players. Its up to everyone to provide as much to the team without the footy as with it. Tyson Hogan Oliver Trac etc are more talented footballers but ANB Harmes AVB and Co work harder without it. Both groups need to work on bridging the gap
ANB, Harmes I rate highly. I hope Harmes can play that attack dog half forward role with Melksham.

I really hope AVB can get his body right, I'd love him at FF.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
ANB, Harmes I rate highly. I hope Harmes can play that attack dog half forward role with Melksham.

I really hope AVB can get his body right, I'd love him at FF.
I like vdB too and would have him in my starting side every week if it weren’t for his body letting him down. Starting to be concerning for him - still not running and training and Mission sounding quite gloomy now about the slow rate of recovery.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
I like vdB too and would have him in my starting side every week if it weren’t for his body letting him down. Starting to be concerning for him - still not running and training and Mission sounding quite gloomy now about the slow rate of recovery.

He will always be a favourite of mine for the swinging arm tackle against Pendles that would have got weeks in rugby league

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
He will always be a favourite of mine for the swinging arm tackle against Pendles that would have got weeks in rugby league
I was just thinking about that. He would freak me out just lurking around if I was an opposition player. He really hurts people. He got under Pendles skin with it too - 15 minutes later and it was on with N Jones. And Pendlebury is generally a pretty controlled type too.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
I was just thinking about that. He would freak me out just lurking around if I was an opposition player. He really hurts people. He got under Pendles skin with it too - 15 minutes later and it was on with N Jones. And Pendlebury is generally a pretty controlled type too.

Some blokes tackle. Then there are blokes like VDB who would give your AC joints and ribs and absolute tenderising. Can take a grab as well I think he has a future if fit.

Would love to see him back out pounding Carlton blokes heads into the turf soon

Oh I've moved on, I just don't think he is best 22. That incident kept him out of our best 22. Anyway, good luck to him, he will need it if our youth starts living up to its potential.
Given he played 18 games in 2016 and 10 in 2017 (given he was rubbed out for 6) I think he is.

Everyone is remembering the punch, but prior to that he'd been pretty bloody good.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Given he played 18 games in 2016 and 10 in 2017 (given he was rubbed out for 6) I think he is.

Everyone is remembering the punch, but prior to that he'd been pretty bloody good.
Can provide a decent target forward, but needs to kick more goals - that is to say, fewer behinds. He’s got a touch of mental block on the set shot. Was the same at GWS. Doesn’t seem to trust himself. Also, I don’t know why his hair is so tall. It’s distracting.

Bazza97

Premiership Player
Nov 17, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Can provide a decent target forward, but needs to kick more goals - that is to say, fewer behinds. He’s got a touch of mental block on the set shot. Was the same at GWS. Doesn’t seem to trust himself. Also, I don’t know why his hair is so tall. It’s distracting.
I wouldn't have Bugg in my best 22 but he'd be pretty close and he's really good to have as depth I reckon. He's played some pretty serviceable games for us and he should play a decent amount of games next year. His accuracy in front of goal was a bit of an issue last season, especially between rounds 9-10 when he kicked 7 straight behinds. He does need to capitalise more on his scoring opportunities. Anyway, when he's not playing in the seniors, I'm sure he will be playing some consistent footy in the VFL and putting pressure on those in the best 22. I reckon he is one of those players who won't be entrenched in our best 22 but will still be on our list in the next 2-3 years being on the fringe of the lineup. Quality option as depth and it will be interesting to see how the campaigner fares next season.

Back