Prediction 2018 Membership Tally - 60,000

How many members for season 2018?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Someone in the media said that getting GAJ would equate to an extra 15k of members. Be interesting to see if that comes true. 39k already looks like that may well be true. I think we only had 42k say three of four years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are still a limited club in terms of potential support unlike the 9 other Melbourne teams. Why would some randoms just choose Geelong etc.
Dunno about that any more since all games are now on T.V.
Kids jump on a winning team, I even know a few Brissy Lions fans my age who jumped on during their 3peat.
We have serious star power and I would expect that we'll be on FTA T.V plenty this year.
I feel for teams like Norf, the way the fixture and T.V games are skewed makes it really hard for some clubs to attract new supporters.

Dunno about that any more since all games are now on T.V.
Kids jump on a winning team, I even know a few Brissy Lions fans my age who jumped on during their 3peat.
We have serious star power and I would expect that we'll be on FTA T.V plenty this year.
I feel for teams like Norf, the way the fixture and T.V games are skewed makes it really hard for some clubs to attract new supporters.
North don’t deserve new supporters like we do though.

i know right, people near microwaved memberships and called for the coach losing an interstate prelim
Those people are usually the first to renew the next year though cause they're passionate.
Richmond have been near the top of membership numbers for years and they completely lose their s**t every year (except this one)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How does that compare to the same time last year?

Just looked in the 2017 membership thread. On 6/12/16 we were just over 35000 members.

Just looked in the 2017 membership thread. On 6/12/16 we were just over 35000 members.
So tracking along well then. Granted most of those (inc mine) are automatic rollover memberships but the Gaz signing alone should enable the club to break a record next year.

While I appreciate the reasoning behind the automatic rollover system, I'm not a fan of there not being a one year option with online renewals, must say.
This.
I opted out of auto renewal(phonecall and email) i think end of 2015 ? season.... and theyve tried to take money out in both years since. I only realised this year because i got an email from club saying my auto renewal had been declined. Because i had changed Banks.
The cynical part of me sorta thinks the Club..the membership side at least.. is making some 'oversights' in this area that are benefitting themselves.
They will get my $ every year anyway.

Reckon we will hit 60k members in 2018, which is massive for Geelong when you think about where we were only 8-9 years ago, I think we were around the 30-35k mark.
membersship.PNG

Back