Peter "Butters" Handscomb

Remove this Banner Ad

Wasn't this bloke picked because they thought he'd do well on the subcontinent? Jeez

Have to agree.

Been thoroughly outplayed by the Indian spinners. Not even overawed by the moment(s). Had moments that showed his ability.
Will only be better for the run.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just looks out of form, technique doesn't look in sync compared to last season. I doubt he will make a significant score in the series sadly.

He looked comfortable in the last two D-N tests here, but for the most part he's battled since the New Year's Test against Pakistan. This innings he looked like getting out every other ball.

Wouldn't surprise me if he was dropped soon.

Needs to come back to Shield Cricket, but alas, this is the last round before the T20 break

He needs to change his whole technique or he will never make it at test level. Doesn't come forward at the ball which works when the opposition don't bowl at your pads. Kids got serious technical issues that need to be retrained by a batting coach

He needs to change his whole technique or he will never make it at test level. Doesn't come forward at the ball which works when the opposition don't bowl at your pads. Kids got serious technical issues that need to be retrained by a batting coach
Certainly agree. It’s painful to watch. It would require major changes in his technique for him to succeed at test level. Having listened to him previously discussing the issue I’m not sure he’s open to making those changes. He doesn’t see a problem.

Channel 9 put up a chart of where his 38 runs came from. Basically all of them were from deflections behind the wicket.

Certainly agree. It’s painful to watch. It would require major changes in his technique for him to succeed at test level. Having listened to him previously discussing the issue I’m not sure he’s open to making those changes. He doesn’t see a problem.

Channel 9 put up a chart of where his 38 runs came from. Basically all of them were from deflections behind the wicket.

Yeah he desperately needs to strip it back and learn to make his first movement forward before going back on length. I dont see his career progressing beyond this series without a serious change.

Back the bloke in.

It’s not as if we selected him sight unseen

Michael Bevan averaged almost 60 in first class cricket yet didn't play many tests due to a struggle against the short ball. Handscomb has huge technical issues that he needs help with

If Maxwell makes a good score today Handscomb would be pretty nervous heading into Perth. Its a shame but I think Handscomb has been worked out on Australian pitches.
He has been worked out on all pitches. Lucky for him outside of Maxwell no one deserves a go either

He has been worked out on all pitches. Lucky for him outside of Maxwell no one deserves a go either
I thought he did okay in Asia. From what I remember he seemed to get himself out after making an okay start more than bowlers exploiting a technical deficiency. That could be wrong though.

I thought he did okay in Asia. From what I remember he seemed to get himself out after making an okay start more than bowlers exploiting a technical deficiency. That could be wrong though.

India was opening with spinners over there though and playing on the back foot gives you time to read the spin. Doesn't work when guys are bowling 140kmh

I reckon the English would feel most comfortable bowling to him because he allows you to pitch it up without any threat of punishment

Remove this Banner Ad

Back