Player Watch #44 Jake Lloyd

Remove this Banner Ad

sbyiYhsV.jpg

Jake Lloyd

Player Profile

Jake Lloyd is a ball magnet, an endurance machine, a clean user of the footy and a calming influence on the Sydney Swans’ half-back line. The former rookie-listed Swan averaged 27.22 disposals per match between 2016 and 2019 and won the club’s 2018 Bob Skilton Medal. Lloyd became the quickest Swan in history to reach 100 senior games when he ran out against Hawthorn at the MCG in Round 8, 2018. He was then recognised as one of the best players in the league when he was selected for Victoria in the State of Origin match for bushfire relief in February 2019. Draft history: 2013 Rookie Draft selection (Sydney) No. 15; 2014 AFL Draft rookie elevation (Sydney).

Jake Lloyd

DOB: 20 September 1993
DEBUT: 2013
DRAFT: 2014
RECRUITED FROM: Horsham Demons (Vic)/North Ballarat U18

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2011
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Wallabies
As individual players I agree. But as a team and how we play, Lloyd is just so crucial.

I tend to agree. Not most important, that's Kennedy but I don't Lloyd can be adequately replaced by anyone else on our list. Kennedy, Rampe, Franklin, Lloyd are the top 4 imo. He's essential to how our team operates.

Fantastic year

I still think that he and Newman are not the answers of HB that can break a game open

Newman even on hb last night? Horse seems determined to make everyone a hb flank

Aug 25, 2008
Leeds/'Berra/Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Newman hasn't been nearly as effective since being shifted forward. No idea why he's been there, maybe a niggle limiting his run? Picked up a couple of goals here and there but nowhere near as effective as he was when he was HBF. Either way, should go to a HBF and Dawson should come in to that forward flanker role.

On Lloyd, love him. He's not going to win a Brownlow, at least not in his current role, but that's fine, he does a very important job and he does it well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My best for the season.

What he did to hold it together in those first 6 weeks was amazing.

Solid all year. Played to and above his ability and expectations near every game.

Keeper.

My best for the season.

What he did to hold it together in those first 6 weeks was amazing.

Solid all year. Played to and above his ability and expectations near every game.

Keeper.

Good to see your support for a blue collar player.

Back