Portfolio NSL '99 - Design Project - 16/16 TEAMS COMPLETE

Remove this Banner Ad

Just out of curiosity, and not to sound nit-picky. But are gradient socks actually possible?

Unless the entire sock was sublimated could you actually do a woolen stitched gradient?

Just out of curiosity, and not to sound nit-picky. But are gradient socks actually possible?

Unless the entire sock was sublimated could you actually do a woolen stitched gradient?

You can - but not as "clean" as I have it on mine.

Marconi Stallions.png

MARCONI STALLIONS

Going full ethic-ball here, Marconi as a traditionally Italian club go all out in the Azzuri colour scheme and an Italian flag sash across the front of the kits.​

Melbourne Knights.png

MELBOURNE KNIGHTS

In yet another ugly display of flares at the ethic-ball game, the Melbourne Knights take their inspiration from their Croatian roots.​

Newcastle Unitee.png

NEWCASTLE UNITED

Now - I was so tempted to revamp their logo, but f**k it was too s**t to even touch, it's the absolute epitome of poor 90's Australian graphic design. The original is even worse, with squashed text, so this is a facelift, really. Also for the kits, the home is the traditional blue and red, and the away is a throwback to Newcastle KB United.​

Hmmm did the Collingwood Warriors survive in this universe? I know they dissolved before '99 but you never know

Nooooope.

That Newcastle logo looks like a it’s meant to be for a political party

I know right! When I looked it up and found the original design, and did the recreation, it felt like I was making the logo for a fringe 90s Australian political party.

View attachment 440368

NEWCASTLE UNITED

Now - I was so tempted to revamp their logo, but f**k it was too s**t to even touch, it's the absolute epitome of poor 90's Australian graphic design. The original is even worse, with squashed text, so this is a facelift, really. Also for the kits, the home is the traditional blue and red, and the away is a throwback to Newcastle KB United.​
Lvoe the designs Freight, however, wasnt it the Breakers that were there in '99, not United? or have i misread it and you decided that the breakers logo was too horrible to use?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lvoe the designs Freight, however, wasnt it the Breakers that were there in '99, not United? or have i misread it and you decided that the breakers logo was too horrible to use?

Seems it was, but, I'm not really fussed. This isn't a factually correct or historically accurate portfolio. :)

Nice strip but not really a Marconi blue.

Wasn't supposed to be - I always liked the idea of Marconi playing in the royal blue. That being said I might actually go back and amend this one to the sky blue and see how it looks.

Nothern Spirit.png

NORTHERN SPIRIT

Northern Spirit's general branding consistency through the 90s wasn't the greatest, so in this AU of sorts, the Northern Spirit have relocated to Darwin, playing their games between Darwin and Alice Springs, and have adopted dark cerise and orange as their primary colours.​

View attachment 441958

NORTHERN SPIRIT

Northern Spirit's general branding consistency through the 90s wasn't the greatest, so in this AU of sorts, the Northern Spirit have relocated to Darwin, playing their games between Darwin and Alice Springs, and have adopted dark cerise and orange as their primary colours.​
This one looks really cool. Reminds me of 80's AS Roma strips

Parramatta Power.png

PARRAMATTA POWER

Parramatta using the classic France '98 design, with an all gold home kit and an all white away/clash kit. Sponsor fusion on point.​

Perth Glory.png

PERTH GLORY

I'm not going to lie - designing this actually made me sad. Why? Because holy s**t this would have been a GOAT design for the Glory (I really like my design here, okay?!), and now it may never be. I think this design screams Perth Glory, and screams for the glory days.

Also, credit to Bacon Warrior for making this Glory logo for me long ago. <3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back