QAFL 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

I was there for that game and They were incredible!!

It’s sad if your homegrown players want to play for a rival club.

Getting local players back to their home clubs is what has made a lot of clubs stronger over the last few years. Not only on field but off field

Excuse my ignorance but what was the clubhouse they build near the old rooms? I would have just assume they were putting rooms in!
Sorry. By clubhouse I was referring to the social rooms canteen on the wing.

The 'players rooms' behind the goals had roller shutter doors if I remember, and looked like a storage area for the mower, goal posts, BBQ etc.

Been a while since I've been to Sandgate.

That new building area where the bar pokies are, doesn't have rooms downstairs?

Was saddened to hear today the passing of my former premiership teammate Brendan McMullen.

Macca was an outstanding performer for Coorparoo in the 80's winning 2 x Grogan Medals.

I am sure there is a vast network of people still involved in QLD Footy that would know Macca.

Was a ripping bloke and always loved a good time.

RIP Macca⚰️

Hey guys heard a few senior women's teams starting pre season with the men thoughts?

Dont have a problem - in the end it obviously will bring the club closer together. Most of these girls in the top women teams have skills the equivalent of an average male player from what I have seen.

Dont have a problem - in the end it obviously will bring the club closer together. Most of these girls in the top women teams have skills the equivalent of an average male player from what I have seen.

Ridiculous comment

Div 3/4 player. Coolangatta men vs Coolangatta women. Play a non contact game of footy I don't think there would be significant difference in the score line..

Dare I say another ridiculous comment

Comparisons need not be made - womens footy has its place but imo it is not with men.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d say the women might join the man for the warm-up and basic skill drills plus the running blocks but I doubt they’d join the full ground n contact drills.
It would be good for the Women to experience the rise in tempo and skill, I don’t see a problem with it, especially when they do a good thing & you get to slap’m on the bum without being charged!

Div 3/4 player. Coolangatta men vs Coolangatta women. Play a non contact game of footy I don't think there would be significant difference in the score line..

OK...No problems training together at that level at all imo. Its all social.

The OP was QAFL preseason having the women join in. Massive difference in ability there with the local women. Unless it was the Brisbane women's team, they would be fit!!

But it's very early days I guess of preseason. The guys probably would be happy with the 'variety' of the training.

OK...No problems training together at that level at all imo. Its all social.

The OP was QAFL preseason having the women join in. Massive difference in ability there with the local women. Unless it was the Brisbane women's team, they would be fit!!

But it's very early days I guess of preseason. The guys probably would be happy with the 'variety' of the training.

Agree mate

I’d say the women might join the man for the warm-up and basic skill drills plus the running blocks but I doubt they’d join the full ground n contact drills.
It would be good for the Women to experience the rise in tempo and skill, I don’t see a problem with it, especially when they do a good thing & you get to slap’m on the bum without being charged!

Agree - obviously contact drills is not in consideration.
Don't think its anything to be threatened by. Just think it adds to training at this time of year and as I've said, in many cases will probably improve the standard of the training!

Would you allow say a UFC women fighter to train in the same gym at the same time as one of the UFC men?
You've made a quite a few ridiculous comments now. There is no comparison between the sports. In the same gym at the same time is very different to training together.
The female skills and running ability is not at the level to train together. It would drag the standard of the training down and the male players would get frustrated in my opinion.

You've made a quite a few ridiculous comments now. There is no comparison between the sports. In the same gym at the same time is very different to training together.
The female skills and running ability is not at the level to train together. It would drag the standard of the training down and the male players would get frustrated in my opinion.
Surely 'training together' is like the 1s and 2s. Do the warm ups, a few simple lane work/handball drills together. Then separate for the rest of the session.

Yeah most blokes would like to think that but there is not a lot of difference in skill level now between the best women and say reserve players in a div 3 side. Reckon you are all overstating how good a lot of blokes are!

Surely 'training together' is like the 1s and 2s. Do the warm ups, a few simple lane work/handball drills together. Then separate for the rest of the session.
And 2s players at div 3 level will be significantly less skilled and less fit than girls at div 1 level. But everyone is happy for 2s blokes to train with the A graders..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back