Collingwood
Other Teams
Norwood, Everton, Detroit Red Wings
May 15, 2006
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
The Cobblers who do the Cobbling
Well it seemed to be a sudden phenomenon.

Honestly never recall anyone saying a bad word about Goodes pre-2013.

Lolwut?

He was a dirty player, often slid in with his knees.

Staged for free kicks

Iv'e heard plenty of stories re: his nocturnal activities and how he needed minders to protect him from himself

Grub of as bloke

Jun 23, 2008
Headed for Kirribilli House
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams

Didn't this happen, like, once? Where he was neck-and-neck with an opponent, who was also going for the same footy?

Staged for free kicks

What a criminal :rolleyes:

Iv'e heard plenty of stories re: his nocturnal activities and how he needed minders to protect him from himself

Never head mention of anything like this about him TBH.

Grub of as bloke

Again, never heard people say this sort of stuff about him pre-2013.

May 15, 2006
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Didn't this happen, like, once? Where he was neck-and-neck with an opponent, who was also going for the same footy?

What a criminal :rolleyes:

Never head mention of anything like this about him TBH.

Again, never heard people say this sort of stuff about him pre-2013.

Never called him a criminal, just a grub

You are being melodramatic, the thread is simply name the players you hate

Why are you harping on about stories pre 2013 ? Just because you never heard anything doesn't have any bearing on other peoples feelings

Was Dane Swan a thug before he bashed that guy, was Daisy a traitor before he moved to Carlton. No relevance whatsoever

Jun 23, 2008
Headed for Kirribilli House
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Was Dane Swan a thug before he bashed that guy, was Daisy a traitor before he moved to Carlton. No relevance whatsoever

No, they weren't, because those actions were the direct cause of people's dislike for him. Whereas with Goodes, people retrofit their feelings and act like they always hated him, when none of these feelings were ever commonly expressed before 'The Point' and his Australian of the Year Award.

You're calling Goode's a "grub", and claiming he "got away with blue murder". I don't think I'm the one over-egging things.

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Lindsay Thomas is the most hated to the point where I would say its Goodes-like.

Yes, people think he ducks for free kicks but so do a lot of other players. The most unfairly treated person in football for the last decade in my opinion.

He is a diving dirty prick, the day he gets delisted the game will be better off. Don't try and make it about his skin colour, plenty of other staging players (Selwood, McLean) cop it just as badly.

Jesslc

Club Legend
Mar 16, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
He is a diving dirty prick, the day he gets delisted the game will be better off. Don't try and make it about his skin colour, plenty of other staging players (Selwood, McLean) cop it just as badly.
Cop it just as bad? Lol. Not even close. His career has been a constant media/crowd bashing because they think he ducks? So does half the league. "Don't try and make it about his skin colour..." is going down the same road as "I'm not racist but...".

Let's get your opinion on the Goodes booing and then we'll all get a good idea of where you stand.

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Cop it just as bad? Lol. Not even close. His career has been a constant media/crowd bashing because they think he ducks? So does half the league. "Don't try and make it about his skin colour..." is going down the same road as "I'm not racist but...".

Let's get your opinion on the Goodes booing and then we'll all get a good idea of where you stand.

But he does duck? He stages and takes cheap shots out on the field, he doesn’t deserve any respect. As for the completely irrelevant Goodes topic I didn’t think it was a good look and most of the supporters who booed him had no reason to.

Jesslc

Club Legend
Mar 16, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
But he does duck? He stages and takes cheap shots out on the field, he doesn’t deserve any respect. As for the completely irrelevant Goodes topic I didn’t think it was a good look and most of the supporters who booed him had no reason to.
Alot of players duck mate, I disagree with cheap shots. I think thats rubbish. I also think he ducks a lot less than some players who barely get a mention (Shuey and co). He's unfairly treated, even by NMFC supporters.

You've proven that you aren't racially ignorant. I mentioned the Goodes thing because it identifies the ignorant (e.g. "He shouldnt have picked out that young girl for racially abusing him" is a good identifier). You're entitled to your opinion though.

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Alot of players duck mate, I disagree with cheap shots. I think thats rubbish. I also think he ducks a lot less than some players who barely get a mention (Shuey and co). He's unfairly treated, even by NMFC supporters.

You've proven that you aren't racially ignorant. I mentioned the Goodes thing because it identifies the ignorant (e.g. "He shouldnt have picked out that young girl for racially abusing him" is a good identifier). You're entitled to your opinion though.

He’s been cited for multiple incidents at VFL/AFL level. His hit on Maynard at VFL level this year was one of the most cowardly acts you’ll see on a footy field.

May 15, 2006
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Hodge ducks and stages as much as Selwood, but he is never called out for it, because he has mates in the media.

Hahaha no chance, Hodge can be a dirty prick at times but he isn't near the level of ducking for frees like Selwood

Both are hard as nails when going for the ball though

Dacksaredown

Club Legend
Jun 20, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Houston Rockets
Getting blowies from your captain's wife is really up there for being a prick. Sliding in with the knees and playing for frees a close second. Possibly even worse!!

Dacksaredown

Club Legend
Jun 20, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Houston Rockets
Dream on - I couldn't stand him! He was a good footballer but didn't like his persona - he thought he was Jack s**t!! What has now happened to him couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke as the saying goes:rolleyes:
How often do you hear of people refer to themselves as 'Jack s**t'? :drunk:

Jun 27, 2010
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sturt

Staged for free kicks

Grub of as bloke

Wow. Straight from twilight zone. Before his ritual vilification began, the worst that was said of Goodes was he got a kind run from the umps. Hardly his fault.

No one has ever questioned his behaviour off the field. There were never any incidents, and the idea that he "needed minders" would be hilarious if it weren't obviously the kind of fabricated scuttlebutt traded by racebaiters who have become so prominent in the last few years.

The fact that Goodes, one of the all-time great players couldn't take his farewell, is a disgrace to the AFL and its supporters and none of us should be allowed to forget it.

Feb 24, 2013
The GoldenBrown Heart of Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man Utd Green Bay Melb Storm
But you never hear about Hodge's ducking because his mates in the media never bring it up.

If I scan for the most free-kicks for over the past decade, then Selwood leads all comers by 2 to 1....No other player comes within Coooeeee.

2008: 63 Frees for.....First placed....11 more free kicks than any other player league wide...........Hodge 18th with 34 frees
2009: 59 Frees for.....First placed.....7 more free kicks than any other player..............................Hodge....Not in top 20
2010: 53 Frees for....Second place....Second by a single free kick..............................................Hodge 3rd placed on 45
2011: 60 Frees for....Second Place....Second by a single free kick..............................................Hodge....Not in top 20
2012: 56 Frees for....Equal Second....Second by 4 Free kicks.....................................................Hodge....Not in top 20
2013: 73 Frees for....First placed....27 more free kicks than any other player...............................Hodge....Not in top 20
2014: 68 Frees for....First placed....14 more free kicks than any other player...............................Hodge....Not in top 20
2015: 64 Frees for....First placed....3 more free kicks than any other player.................................Hodge....Not in top 20
2016: 71 Frees for....First placed....16 more free kicks than any other player...............................Hodge....Not in top 20
2017: 70 Frees for....First placed....8 more free kicks than any other player.................................Hodge....Not in top 20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back