Delisted 36.Stewart Crameri (2018 - 2018)

Remove this Banner Ad

How do you know that? VFL fixture hasn't been released yet. :p

And I would not be game to say that any player will or will not play (with the exception of the established players) in 2018. Crameri just may have a new lease of life at a new club being free of injury. And other young players outside of the established players may just surprise in the pre-season and force their way into the senior side. Nor can we rule out the possibility of pre-season injuries that may make way for new(er) players. Cursed be the thought!

That is what makes the pre-season games interesting for me.

Catsmaninamerica

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 19, 2007
Cloud break
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Cricket, Surfing
These Kent Kingsley knocks of never taking a pack mark and having eratting kicking are making him sound like Lance Franklin ;)

Ok - imagine a lance franklin
- but shorter. Slower. And can't kick straight. And doesn't get as much of the ball. And is generally shitter.

And then you're starting to understand Kingsley. And Crameri.

BORIS332

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 22, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Ok - imagine a lance franklin
- but shorter. Slower. And can't kick straight. And doesn't get as much of the ball. And is generally shitter.

And then you're starting to understand Kingsley. And Crameri.

Kingsley kicked 230 goals for us in six seasons. I’d be more than happy with the same output from Crameri.

What is the story with Ruggles ?

I don’t understand ....
I agree! Why did Geelong boot Ruggles? Injured for a while, but played well in VFL. I wish someone would explain?

Speaking of explaining. . .

Why are people anti-Crameri?

He kicked 166 goals in 99 games in stints with Essendon + Bulldogs, yet booted by both Clubs? Why?

Year-long ban due to the Essendon drug saga.

Two games in 2017 due to hip injury.

Bombers chose Stringer over Crameri?

I've asked Aunty Google, but can't find much. Does he have an attitude problem?

Catsmaninamerica

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 19, 2007
Cloud break
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Cricket, Surfing
Kingsley kicked 230 goals for us in six seasons. I’d be more than happy with the same output from Crameri.

Context.

Kingsley was the number one target/key forward. And it
Was in an era
That sides kicked bigger scores typically. A better comparison would be to Compare what Hawkins has kicked in 6 seasons.

BORIS332

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 22, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Context.

Kingsley was the number one target/key forward. And it
Was in an era
That sides kicked bigger scores typically. A better comparison would be to Compare what Hawkins has kicked in 6 seasons.

I don’t see your logic at all, but taking your example it comes out even.

Kingsley: 227 goals from 110 games @ 2.06 goals per game.

Hawkins: 438 from 211 games @ 2.07 goals per game.

Ricketz

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 2, 2011
Wagga Wagga
AFL Club
Geelong
I agree! Why did Geelong boot Ruggles? Injured for a while, but played well in VFL. I wish someone would explain?

He kicked 166 goals in 99 games in stints with Essendon + Bulldogs, yet booted by both Clubs? Why?

Crameri chose to leave Essendon, and given their picks, Stringer was the better option by a long shot - so I am not really surprised there.

Jason McCartney hinted that the frustration of 5 games in 2 years due to injury - I imagine he just did not fit their age profile well after bringing in Schache, and the injury just made it that little bit easier to delist.

I haven't heard too many bad stories about Crameri's behaviour, to be honest.

He played 2 games and spent the year injured.

At his best he's a handy player and capable of kicking goals. I'm a little more buoyant that most given our lack of ready made depth in that area.

He can kick on both feet - bonus!

Clark - cost us Varcoe
Stanley - Pick 21
Black - Pick 92
Crameri - Pick 16 in the Rookie Draft.

Can only imagine the anger you must have had when we traded pick 8 for Jason Mooney back in 1998. Now, that's a deal that did actually hurt us.

Can't we thank Jason for getting Cameron?
If only there was a potential number 1 pick in the rookie draft for us to take!!

*shakes fist at cloud angrily*

:rolleyes:
I'd prefer to keep the

e53186b07278a8b40d5ae199ee797ea2--poster-football-knight.jpg

Crameri's thing that separated him was his pace back to goal, beating his man back to the F50. Does he still have that after his hip injuries?
Crameri is starting in the rehab group

Keep the faith his ankle was pretty bad when he got here, he may surprise a few this year.

At the worse he could teach the kids how to tackle ;)

Plus the way he stands up for Joel!

Finals 2016 QF2 - Midget Sniping + Shoving Joel - Scooter Helps Out.jpg

Honestly believe Crameri could kick 50 in a good side, one of the better set shots going around.

Exactly what we need! + if we can get Menzel playing, who is accurate in front of goals, have Ablett + Dangerfield swooping in kicking goals, we have a good start. But our accuracy needs to improve. I prefer Tomahawk running up the ground, stop the long bomb to him, kick short to lead him out + mark. Love the way Buzza is so physical hitting packs. Crameri has played mostly as a mobile, third tall option in attack, according to Cats, but was asked to play KPF by Scotty.

I allways rated him - and i was waiting for him to come into the Bulldogs side in the 2nd half of 17 season - thought and posted that i thought he would give their forward line that X factor - but then he never made it back - chronic hip problem and thought he was finished

If fit he can certainly play and he is quick

Aaron Black the few games he played for Cats AFL - i thought were ok games - and i thought he was stiff each time he got dropped

He was cut by the Bulldogs after just two games, due to a hip injury, Cats website states:

"But he is injury-free and will move his family from Melbourne to Geelong as he looks to make the most of an opportunity he thought might not happen."
http://www.geelongcats.com.au/news/2017-12-03/cats-move-forward-with-crameri

Going back a fair while - but in the 2011 season when the Cats won their opening 13 games of the season - then got upset by Essendon in round 14 at Docklands - wasnt it Crameri who kicked the winner or sealer - Baarstard

But alls good now because he is playing for Geelong .

It was Rd15 (not that it really matters lol)

Essendon 4.3.27 8.4.52 13.5.83 18.7.115 C: James Hird
Geelong 3.3.21 5.7.37 9.12.66 16.15.111 C: Chris Scott
ESS by 6 ESS by 15 ESS by 17 ESS by 4

Crameri = 21 Disposals, 4 Marks + 2 Goals - 16th AFL game

Bombers were on a five-game losing streak.
First game for Bomber, since he absconded from Geelong

YouTube says it was Melksham

Crameri chose to leave Essendon, and given their picks, Stringer was the better option by a long shot - so I am not really surprised there.

Jason McCartney hinted that the frustration of 5 games in 2 years due to injury - I imagine he just did not fit their age profile well after bringing in Schache, and the injury just made it that little bit easier to delist.

I haven't heard too many bad stories about Crameri's behaviour, to be honest.
Thanks.

Just to clarify:
2016 Crameri was among the Essendon drug saga banned players.
His hip injury was in 2017.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Catters 070911

Club Legend
Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong

Q: Why did Geelong boot Ruggles?

A: Because he can't kick a ball to any player wearing a Geelong jumper, but instead kicked it to anyone who wasn't.

I nicknamed him "The Butcher" because that is what he did to the ball when he kicked it. He's no loss.

Q: Why are people anti-Crameri?

A: Because he suffers from something which is considered a terrible affliction in the AFL today. It is called "Age".

You see, this affliction makes AFL clubs and its fans not want players who have proven themselves and shown, again and again, that they can deliver when it counts, and instead, clubs and fans would rather roll the dice on no-names who have no proven form, but he was a star in local football, so he will be a superstar in AFL guaranteed. And the best part, he is 18, so he has 12 years of football (unless the raps on him are wrong, and he spuds up the place and is delisted, never to be heard of again after 2 years).

This affliction makes Geelong fans want a player with sexual and gambling problems (Jake Stringer) because he is 23, yet not want a proven 2 time Brownlow Medallist, multiple AA, MVP and B&F winner, and 2 time premiership player, and once the best player in the league (Gary Ablett), because he was born ten years earlier.

In short, if Stewart Crameri was a first year player, with tremendous raps on him, Cats fans would be jizzing their pants over him instead of dismissing him. But he is too close to thirty, so he may not be around for a flag in five years time.

Q: Why did Geelong boot Ruggles?

A: Because he can't kick a ball to any player wearing a Geelong jumper, but instead kicked it to anyone who wasn't.

I nicknamed him "The Butcher" because that is what he did to the ball when he kicked it. He's no loss.

Q: Why are people anti-Crameri?

A: Because he suffers from something which is considered a terrible affliction in the AFL today. It is called "Age".

You see, this affliction makes AFL clubs and its fans not want players who have proven themselves and shown, again and again, that they can deliver when it counts, and instead, clubs and fans would rather roll the dice on no-names who have no proven form, but he was a star in local football, so he will be a superstar in AFL guaranteed. And the best part, he is 18, so he has 12 years of football (unless the raps on him are wrong, and he spuds up the place and is delisted, never to be heard of again after 2 years).

This affliction makes Geelong fans want a player with sexual and gambling problems (Jake Stringer) because he is 23, yet not want a proven 2 time Brownlow Medallist, multiple AA, MVP and B&F winner, and 2 time premiership player, and once the best player in the league (Gary Ablett).

In short, if Stewart Crameri was a first year player, with tremendous raps on him, Cats fans would be jizzing their pants over him instead of dismissing him. But he is too close to thirty, so he may not be around for a flag in five years time.

Thanks Catters

I think Geelong is looking at a Premiership much sooner than 2023 ???

Also thanks for explaining Stringer.

Didn't you hear the rumors that Kent Kingsley's girlfriend was cheating with Bomber?
Also, other goss is that Mackie was dropped in 2010 or 2011 for flirting with the former KK gf + the current (at that time) gf of Bomber.

I'd love to see Hawk at CHF and Crameri working alongside him with Danger/Ablett/Cockie at FF or Hawk at CHF, Crameri at FF and Ablett/Dangerfield/Cockie wreaking havoc :D

Boris would make an interesting forward coach. Probably more along the lines of what is difficult for backs and defences to stop when it comes to ball movement? Our blokes are talented enough to kick goals it's just getting the ball and them in the right position which has been tricky.
Didn't Boris coach the week Scotty was ill - was it Richmond defeat? Or was it Sydney defeat? Which ever game it was, the strategy was totally different + it was the best game of the season IMO.

As Harry said when he played forward, already knew the defenders tactics, so I think it's a terrific idea manboob.

I'd love Tomahawk + Crameri at CHF - who's the third? Menzel played CHF in Prelim.

Catsmaninamerica

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 19, 2007
Cloud break
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Cricket, Surfing
I don’t see your logic at all, but taking your example it comes out even.

Kingsley: 227 goals from 110 games @ 2.06 goals per game.

Hawkins: 438 from 211 games @ 2.07 goals per game.

I'll Attempt to understand your logic then ...

You're saying Kingsley is the equal of Hawkins.

Ok...

Lol

Catsmaninamerica

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 19, 2007
Cloud break
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Cricket, Surfing
How ironic that I used your suggested method... hence why I said I didn’t understand your logic. Well done on coming round full circle.

No. You're just not very bright. I explained it to
You very simply and you either were being obsequious or were just thick.

Either way, my old man always told me not to Get into An arguement with an idiot - they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. So with that, I'm done talking to you

Remove this Banner Ad

Back