QFA Div 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure it will be the same Div 1
By the way clubs seem to be recruiting would imagine div 1 will be a tad stronger Noosa had 3 training runs so far around 20 on track(mostly youngsters and under 18s) which is normal for this time of year

Noosa don't even know it yet, but they will have a jet midfielder walk in off the street early next year.

He's mates with one of our blokes and is moving up from Vic, but decided last minute to move to Noosa instead of Brisbane. They will be very happy when he walks in the door!

Noosa don't even know it yet, but they will have a jet midfielder walk in off the street early next year.

He's mates with one of our blokes and is moving up from Vic, but decided last minute to move to Noosa instead of Brisbane. They will be very happy when he walks in the door!
Gee I like the sound of that Thommo I know we have a couple coming up from wodonga area and a couple from Geelong league what part of Vic is he from if u know? And I'm sure he'll have a great time at Noosa

Colby Rix ? Hes played with Crawford. If it is i think jet would be overstaing it!

That's him.

Never seen him play, but Crawf told me that Rix is much better than him and Crawf won our QAFL B&F this year at 33 and still goes alright!

So based on that, I assumed Rix was pretty good!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That comp not as good as Div 1. Its the 29th ranked league in vic, not to say he cant play but dont think he will dominate here. Bit of a loose unit as well. Noosa have not even spoken to him, or aware of him. He is meeting with Mdore when he arrives mid Jan.

Uq are gearing up to have a big year after a disappointing one last year. They look to have secured a young tall talent from the qafl last year that will create a formidable duo with reigning goalkicking winner Rhys tagell.

Uq are gearing up to have a big year after a disappointing one last year. They look to have secured a young tall talent from the qafl last year that will create a formidable duo with reigning goalkicking winner Rhys tagell.

Reckon a few clubs are gearing up. Could be the pick of the comps again.

That comp not as good as Div 1. Its the 29th ranked league in vic, not to say he cant play but dont think he will dominate here. Bit of a loose unit as well. Noosa have not even spoken to him, or aware of him. He is meeting with Mdore when he arrives mid Jan.
Noosa coach did speak to him a month ago and will obviously keep in contact with him up and when he arrives been instructed by his coach at collegians (ex Noosa boy Joshy Reichman) to head up and play with the tigers we'll see what happens and apparently no looser a unit than the majority of blokes who already play on the coast

sounds like a decent pickup just to rock on the doorstep.

Probably could just play permanent small forward from the little bit of reading I did on him.

That Comp is far below Div 1, would need to be absolutely dominating it to be a good player in this league

Reckon the reckon the hardest thing with recruiting interstaters is getting a line through the comp they have been playing in. Notice the MPNFL is ranked top 3 in vic atm but Noosa had a bloke play this year from that comp, highly rated as well and although he was a good footballer, didn’t tear the comp up.
When guys are coming from any of the subsidiary leagues outside of O&M, GFL, GVFL, and a few of the metro leagues reckon they need to be rep footballers to really stake a claim here.
Qld footy from div 1 to NEAFL isn’t anywhere near as bad as what the vics would like to make out. And the comps there probably aren’t quite as good as what they would have you believe either. Seen too many guys from here who have headed south and carved up in supposedly very good comps who have been no better than good players here.

Reckon the reckon the hardest thing with recruiting interstaters is getting a line through the comp they have been playing in. Notice the MPNFL is ranked top 3 in vic atm but Noosa had a bloke play this year from that comp, highly rated as well and although he was a good footballer, didn’t tear the comp up.
When guys are coming from any of the subsidiary leagues outside of O&M, GFL, GVFL, and a few of the metro leagues reckon they need to be rep footballers to really stake a claim here.
Qld footy from div 1 to NEAFL isn’t anywhere near as bad as what the vics would like to make out. And the comps there probably aren’t quite as good as what they would have you believe either. Seen too many guys from here who have headed south and carved up in supposedly very good comps who have been no better than good players here.
Correct, I am from that way, played in a comp that is in the top 14 VCFL ranking and Div 1 would easily match it in my opinion, although I think the top 10 would be a bit of a step up from this league, with the money being played to players down there they are able to attract quality. I have seen it first hand that people from country vic do not rate Queensland footy as highly as they should.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back