bkozican

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 9, 2011
W.A
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
Just under 3 moths away. Was reading Hunt vs Werdum is on the cards. Whittaker isnt fighting GSP here, So its either going to be Gastelum or Rockhold

Do we get the HW title fight here aswell??

Who do you want to see, What matchups do you want to see and who would you put on the card?

Confirmed Fights

Middleweight Championship - Robert Whittaker (c) vs. Luke Rockhold

Heavyweight - Mark Hunt vs. Curtis Blaydes
Heavyweight - Tai Tuivasa vs. Cyril Asker
Light Heavyweight - Tyson Pedro vs. Saparbek Safarov
Flyweight - Jussier Formiga vs. Ben Nguyen
Lightweight - Damien Brown vs. Dong Hyun Kim is confirmed

Last edited:
Matthews will probably fight, Bam Bam will probably fight. Dan Kelly maybe?

Why is everyone assuming Whitaker is fighting?

Who else takes the Main event fight. Rob was here a few months back doing the media rounds at the Perth arena. Its just about the only option...Other than Stipe vs Francis I think. They want to make a big splash here in Perth so its got to be the biggest Aussie fighter on the Roster or a title fight that everyone will want to see. You dont think he is fighting here in Perth?

You dont think he is fighting here in Perth?
Unless its for the undisputed title, I hope not and think he would be silly to take any fight before then.

I read earlier today that Cerrone vs Taisumov may be on this card, but later saw Helwani said the fight hasn't been offered. I also read that it's likely to be Rockhold who fights Whitaker on this card, possibly for the undisputed middleweight belt if GSP has decided he won't be fighting at 185 any more.

Will almost certainly be for the undisputed title as GSP said yesterday he is likely relinquish his title due to some stomach disease/illness he developed due to eating so much to put on muscle mass (the biggest paper championship reign in history? I'd say so. He will go into the record books but I ain't considering him a MW champ)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will almost certainly be for the undisputed title as GSP said yesterday he is likely relinquish his title due to some stomach disease/illness he developed due to eating so much to put on muscle mass (the biggest paper championship reign in history? I'd say so. He will go into the record books but I ain't considering him a MW champ)

The guy convincingly beat the reigning champion and due to an illness has decided to not stay at the weight class. How does that make him a paper champion?

The guy convincingly beat the reigning champion and due to an illness has decided to not stay at the weight class. How does that make him a paper champion?
Didn't earn or deserve the shot. And now won't defend it. He beat the champ but he isn't even remotely close to the best MW. Would be lucky to be top 5. He has the gold but for me, it doesn't represent a championship.

Why did he choose MW over WW if it was such a strain to get up in size?

I'm skeptical of the illness, and even if he does have it, he went to middleweight through choice... Why not face Woodley? It seems he choose the easier fight.

For me, this tarnishes his legacy, not enhance it.

This probably should have gone in the 'unpopular opinion' thread, but it has left a salty taste in my mouth.

I think titles are meaningless these days, and at the end of the day the buck stops with the UFC, not the fighters, so the angst should be directed towards them. GSP is close to the GOAT, and an excellent representive of the sport.

That being said, illness or not; he was never going to to defend the title. Amazing effort regardless, but like Conor didn’t beat anyone in the division for it, and never defended it.

Anyhoo, never been to Perth but looks like i am now :thumbsu:

One has to wonder what Bisping is thinking. Took the "payday" fight with GSP...Maybe he should of waited for 221 in Aus

Remove this Banner Ad

Back