Bold Prediction for 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Brad Crouch will get injured in the preseason....oh wait it's bold predictions.

The AFL will ensure another Vic fairytale in 2018. Only question is whether it's Melbourne or St Kilda or Collingwood or Carlton.
I predict that we can predict the premier by round 5 purely on umpiring favouritism.
Sub prediction: An umpire will top the free kick disparity of 1:17 ratio for said premiership designate, at least once, until told to make it less obvious.

Tex and Lever will be doing mud wrestling during their next encounter in the match. Lever to get a sore metacarpal and a wrist sprain.
When the final siren goes, there will be a handshake, a hug and maybe a 5 minute chat on the oval...signs of overacting to show to the footy world there is no animosity going on.

Last edited:

I am still hopeful that Greenwood has another 2 gears to go up. The first to maintain his 2017 highlights at a more consistent level that comes with a bigger tank. Imagine just doubling his tackling rate alone. The second gear will be when he truly feels that he can be a star of the competition.

Gutted that he has gone under the knife, but I will back him to still have a huge preaseason anyway.

My bold prediction is that Greenwood becomes one of our first choice starting mids stepping up in the same way Matt Crouch did in 2017. And, Greenwood to lead the AFL for tackles in 2018.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fogga to play at least 12 AFL games. Gibson a regular. Tex back to his best.
Crows will show unprecedented mongrel in 2018, finish second, win Flag (Sloane, Norm Smith).

... and spoil an easy Walker/Betts/Gibbs mark in the goalsquare. ;)

Nah... Josh Jenkins to start round one against Essendon in defence maning up on joe Daniher.... and, as the ball is coming into Essendon’s forward line for the first time in the match towards Daniher, josh ignores it and instead charges at Daniher polaxing him with a massive front on hip and shoulder when he’s not expecting it, fracturing three of daniher’s ribs... josh gets rubbed out by the MRP for the next 4 rounds (crows use the Trent Cotchin “i was going for the ball sir” defence at the tribunal but it doesn’t work)... Fogarty replaces him in the forward line for all four of these games and kicks 20 goals!..

And as Daniher is walking off in the hands of the trainers.. arms clutching at his rib cage and grimacing in pain.... Atkins runs up behind him, jumps on his back and ruffles up his hair whilst giving him a nice big smile!... the commentators all chuckle and meantion how atkins and Daniher used to play footy together and that was just a bit of light hearted fun between old mates...

Our team will improve in 2018 and finish home and away in the top 6. If we have a good run with injuries in the finals we will contend.

Crows and Richmond face off in the GF for the second consecutive year.
Umpiring is worse than 2017....Crows trail at every qtr ... Jenkins kicks 8 in the last to win us the game off his own boot...all from contested marks ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back