2nds Geelong Cats 2018 VFL Season - Tom Atkins B&F Winner

Oct 31, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
LEEDS
Has anyone watched training at Deakin?

I was wondering if Esava Ratougolea has had a hair cut or if he has just tucked it under his cap.
I would like to see Buzza and Guthrie Sr have a bloody good hair cut too.

24991016_1835998389763295_9106435287114425158_n.jpg
is that tintin in the background?

Yep, last week. I broke out the Wahl clippers and gave my self a trim.

No "Stefan" for you hey Rabbs.....

Off topic for a mo...that Stefan guy the hairdresser...did he end up i jail...I seem to remember him having some..er..difficulties.

Off to the naughty step for straying off topic now....:(

Esava is one we should keep an eye on....he might be raw, but he's one good athlete. Checked his combine stats the other day...they are really impressive.

[/QUOTE]

Be careful Rabs you don't have much left to play with:p

A pair of clippers and a razor slide over round heads pretty well.

How do you Box headed blokes go?

Box-Head-2_905.jpg

A pair of clippers and a razor slide over round heads pretty well.

How do you Box headed blokes go?

Box-Head-2_905.jpg
Hairdressers charge me by the yard for the distance they have to cover:p

May 20, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Didn't realise that Siggins is also a delisted Crow. We clearly either rate their talent identification or don't rate their list management decisions!

Effectively he was in the same position at Adelaide as Hamling was at Geelong. Behind Rutten/Talia and then Talia/Lever. Very fine line in being picked up by another club as a delisted free agent and heading home to play state league.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...e/news-story/707712b43846ad65743c3a273e5ad3f3

I didn't realise about the Reilly stuff, that has to really shake a young guy, then the Phil Walsh murder to top it off.

I'm really bullish about Siggins and would have liked to have rookied him instead.

Gore I think will find it tough with GHS and Constable similar players that will get selection and positional preference as listed players over a top up.

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Effectively he was in the same position at Adelaide as Hamling was at Geelong. Behind Rutten/Talia and then Talia/Lever. Very fine line in being picked up by another club as a delisted free agent and heading home to play state league.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...e/news-story/707712b43846ad65743c3a273e5ad3f3

I didn't realise about the Reilly stuff, that has to really shake a young guy, then the Phil Walsh murder to top it off.

I'm really bullish about Siggins and would have liked to have rookied him instead.

Gore I think will find it tough with GHS and Constable similar players that will get selection and positional preference as listed players over a top up.

Hard to glean too much from a highlights package but he certainly appears to have some useful attributes to work with. I wonder if he settles well in Geelong and is regarded as draft worthy next year, that, given his mental health history, clubs will allow us to pick him up either in the ND or as a rookie without much fuss?

SANFL high performance manager Brenton Phillips says Adelaide has cleverly found its Patrick Dangerfield replacement in Dean Gore.

Phllips has described Sturt product Gore — the deal maker in the Dangerfield trade to Geelong — as a mini version of Dangerfield and a yet-to-be-proven replica of Cats captain Joel Selwood.

He says the Crows have been well compensated for losing superstar 2015 club champion Dangerfield to Geelong, having also been dealt national draft picks nine and 28.
Excellent! GoreWoodField - all in one player!

giphy.gif

Huge lad, isn't he? Height: 196cm Weight: 93kg - Siggins looks so agile for his size + a lovely kick, plays forward, back + ruck.

Dubious hairstyle choices though :p

I'm really stoked with these signings.
We need a strong VFL team that makes finals not only for development but also for the senior team.
I don't think it's a massive coincidence the last 3 premiers have also had their VFL teams as premiers or making GF's
O'Bree said something to the effect that the strategy to recruit players with senior experience + leadership qualities was to help develop + mentor the Kittens.

Didn't realise that Siggins is also a delisted Crow. We clearly either rate their talent identification or don't rate their list management decisions!
I've been wondering why we recruited him, if Crows delisted him? ???

Perhaps he played badly, on purpose, to return to Geelong ;)

Has the raw talent ..just needs a bit of cooking.

This is BF turbo. Development is a dirty word among some who frequent this portal.

May 20, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Hard to glean too much from a highlights package but he certainly appears to have some useful attributes to work with. I wonder if he settles well in Geelong and is regarded as draft worthy next year, that, given his mental health history, clubs will allow us to pick him up either in the ND or as a rookie without much fuss?

Doubt they would deliberately overlook him in that scenario. It would be good if mature age top ups in aligned reserve teams could go through a nomination/bidding system like father son and academy players. Put a couple of rules in place to stop shenanigans like the player must be 21 or over to stop clubs warehousing elite 18 year olds and make it so it only applies to former AFL players if the players were eligible as delisted free agents when they left the AFL system ie someone uncontracted can't just walk to feeder club of their choice and get picked up by the senior team in 12 months, they would only be eligible for the system if the original club didn't offer them a contract before they were delisted. Rewards the clubs for putting the effort into developing non listed players and would improve the overall talent pool which is needed with 18 clubs.

CatRiot

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 3, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong

Also Tsitas does well at VFL level, but i reckon Gore might be better than him... You can play Gore on the Wing or a Flank, he's reasonably strong in the air and at ground level for a 183cm guy. So rapt we have Gore back, I like him.

Back