A-LEAGUE ROUND 12

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 24, 2008
MuMuLand
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Celtic, West Perth, Glory, S'Roos
Forget that hit and giggle T20 s**t. That's for kids and tourists.

BRISBANE ROAR V PERTH GLORY
Thursday @ 7.50pm (All times EDT)

NEWCASTLE JETS V WANDERERS
Friday @ 7.50pm

WELLINGTON PHOENIX V SYDNEY FC
Saturday @ 5.35pm

MELBOURNE CITY V MELBOURNE VICTORY
Saturday @ 7.50pm

ADELAIDE UNITED V CENTRAL COAST MARINERS
Boxing Day @ 7.50pm

They don't care about the league yet don't want someone else to control it, go figure.

Reckon Perth were lucky last night but they're down on troops so it's a good win. Rossco losing it is always good to watch

How hard is it for the FFA, Cricket Australia and other codes to come together and agree in some form to no scheduling overlap where possible. You have the Melbourne derby (one of the a leagues biggest draw cards) going on saturday night and the melbourne renegades playing a short stroll down. While it can be argued they are catering to different markets, surely these things can be avoided for the best outcome for all.

How hard is it for the FFA, Cricket Australia and other codes to come together and agree in some form to no scheduling overlap where possible. You have the Melbourne derby (one of the a leagues biggest draw cards) going on saturday night and the melbourne renegades playing a short stroll down. While it can be argued they are catering to different markets, surely these things can be avoided for the best outcome for all.
The bigger codes dont want to do that.
They want it shown that they are winning ratings and crowds over the opposition so they can get bigger sponsorships and tv dollars.

A non overlaping fixture only benefits a sport that is struggling.
Or in our case refusing to invest in any marketing whatsoever.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

* me, how bad are the Wanderers? And how good have the Jets gotten in a really short period of time? They've had some terrible injuries as well.

I like it when the small market teams do well. I think it's good for the league, cos we need those teams to retain a fanbase and a sponsorship base - we aren't in a position where we can just rely on capital cities to house teams, and we clearly can't afford to be losing teams at a time where we desperately need to be gaining new ones.

From the perspective of wanting sponsorship and high tv ratings, I doubt you'd want the Jets, Mariners and Nux all killing it in the same season - but as I say, I think one of them doing really well is great for the A-League.

The Wanderers though? You couldn't possibly keep referencing Gombau's teething period at Adelaide as an excuse for WSW after the last month they've had. They are just ******* trash. They haven't even been competitive against the Jets, Smurfs and Roar. Obviously the timing of Popovic's departure has hurt them - but it's bloody Christmas, and that happened months ago. There's no excuse for this. And much as Fox Sports want to keep telling us that the Wanderers have the best fans in the league - which is bullshit to begin with - people in Western Sydney clearly don't need much of an excuse to not go and watch their team at Spotless Stadium. (And no one needs much of an excuse to not go to Homebush Stadium!) The club can't just keep treading water until Parra Stadium is rebuilt.

The fans were worried about the move to Spotless and whether it would stop the momentum the club had after the ACL.

It certainly has, they're garbage.

**** me, how bad are the Wanderers? And how good have the Jets gotten in a really short period of time? They've had some terrible injuries as well.

I like it when the small market teams do well. I think it's good for the league, cos we need those teams to retain a fanbase and a sponsorship base - we aren't in a position where we can just rely on capital cities to house teams, and we clearly can't afford to be losing teams at a time where we desperately need to be gaining new ones.

From the perspective of wanting sponsorship and high tv ratings, I doubt you'd want the Jets, Mariners and Nux all killing it in the same season - but as I say, I think one of them doing really well is great for the A-League.

The Wanderers though? You couldn't possibly keep referencing Gombau's teething period at Adelaide as an excuse for WSW after the last month they've had. They are just ******* trash. They haven't even been competitive against the Jets, Smurfs and Roar. Obviously the timing of Popovic's departure has hurt them - but it's bloody Christmas, and that happened months ago. There's no excuse for this. And much as Fox Sports want to keep telling us that the Wanderers have the best fans in the league - which is bullshit to begin with - people in Western Sydney clearly don't need much of an excuse to not go and watch their team at Spotless Stadium. (And no one needs much of an excuse to not go to Homebush Stadium!) The club can't just keep treading water until Parra Stadium is rebuilt.

I was one of the few adel united fans who thought gombau was overrated during his time with us. Most our fans luved him, but I think that was for his clown like behaviour

Last edited:
I was one of the few adel united fans who thought gombau was overrated during his time with us. Most our fans lived him, but I think that was for his clown like behaviour
We wouldn't have won our title if not for him, he was twice the coach of the bloke who took over from him.

That whole club is knackered

players are fickle tho.
Absolutely they can be, but this opinion stems from the fact Amor never really coached the side, it was more Pau Marti and Valkanis.

Gomby has his flaws, but the mess WSW find themselves in is deeper than just a poor coach

Remove this Banner Ad

Back