Solved Malcolm McCusker will bid to clear Sharon Masons sentenced murderer in Perth WA

Remove this Banner Ad

Three articles on Paddy in a day.

A few weeks after discussion on BF.

Interesting timing.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/cri...murder-mystery-that-shook-perth-ng-b88699046z

"Greer said he had never seen the grotesque mask that was uncovered at the crime scene. However, his son, John, told police that he had seen his father putting it on and skylarking around the shop."

"There was no forensic evidence linking Greer to the skeletal or decomposing remains."

So according to MSM there was forensic evidence at scene.

http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/mason-murderer-will-remain-inside-mcginty-20110303-1bgak.html

Fingerprints and a hair sample.

That didn't match Irish Paddy.

Loving them shorts.

"Others said they saw her telling two young men in a white panel van that she “just wanted to go home” in an argument not far from the restaurant where she worked casually.

One woman claimed to have seen her waving frantically from the back of a moving white American-style pick-up ute, while another couple swore blind they saw her walking briskly along Stirling Highway at 10.30pm on the night she disappeared.

A teenage friend claimed that on that day, she found Sharon crying in the laneway behind the shops before they both hitchhiked to the city and then to Mundaring Weir with a man in a red sports car.

She told police they were driven back to Perth after the man tried to have sex with Sharon. She said the man dropped her off at the Causeway and that was the last she saw of both of them."

Bizarre.

Didn’t it say he was a notorious child killer who might be innocent of killing one child, Sharon Mason?
I think Greer's only murder conviction was for Sharon Mason. He was originally found guilty of her willful murder but this was overturned on appeal and he was instead found guilty of her murder, now being publisised again vigorously after many years of questions.

However from an article posted on Hayley Wark's thread "Greer has a history of violence against women dating back to 1969, comprising convictions for indecent assault, aggravated assault and attempted murder." https://www.independent.ie/irish-ne...d-killers-return-from-australia-25972673.html

EMINENT QC Malcolm McCusker believes that “significant evidence” was withheld from the 1994 trial of notorious child killer Arthur Greer, who is still in jail for the mutilation murder of schoolgirl Sharon Mason 35 years ago.

The Prisoner Review Board has approved Greer’s release on a previous occasion only to be overruled by former attorney-general Michael Mischin, who also refused to refer the matter to the Court of Appeal.

Current A-G Quigley now wants to change the law “If anyone has viable grounds for appeal, then that should be determined by the courts, not by a politician. The Attorney-General should not be the gatekeeper of such things,” he said.

Sounds sensible for any person innocent. Couldn't be blamed on a Labour / Liberal thing though as Labour McGinty also refused Greer parole. Mischin a member of another club as well?

Three articles on Paddy in a day.

A few weeks after discussion on BF.

Interesting timing.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/cri...murder-mystery-that-shook-perth-ng-b88699046z

"Greer said he had never seen the grotesque mask that was uncovered at the crime scene. However, his son, John, told police that he had seen his father putting it on and skylarking around the shop."

"There was no forensic evidence linking Greer to the skeletal or decomposing remains."

So according to MSM there was forensic evidence at scene.

http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/mason-murderer-will-remain-inside-mcginty-20110303-1bgak.html

Fingerprints and a hair sample.

That didn't match Irish Paddy.

Loving them shorts.

"Others said they saw her telling two young men in a white panel van that she “just wanted to go home” in an argument not far from the restaurant where she worked casually.

One woman claimed to have seen her waving frantically from the back of a moving white American-style pick-up ute, while another couple swore blind they saw her walking briskly along Stirling Highway at 10.30pm on the night she disappeared.

A teenage friend claimed that on that day, she found Sharon crying in the laneway behind the shops before they both hitchhiked to the city and then to Mundaring Weir with a man in a red sports car.

She told police they were driven back to Perth after the man tried to have sex with Sharon. She said the man dropped her off at the Causeway and that was the last she saw of both of them."

Bizarre.

Merry festivus to you too Smarty.

All those sightings and witness statements after Sharon Mason was abducted sounds just like Hayley Dodd's case.

Just another bizarre co-incidence?

I think Greer's only murder conviction was for Sharon Mason. He was originally found guilty of her willful murder but this was overturned on appeal and he was instead found guilty of her murder, now being publisised again vigorously after many years of questions.

However from an article posted on Hayley Wark's thread "Greer has a history of violence against women dating back to 1969, comprising convictions for indecent assault, aggravated assault and attempted murder." https://www.independent.ie/irish-ne...d-killers-return-from-australia-25972673.html

EMINENT QC Malcolm McCusker believes that “significant evidence” was withheld from the 1994 trial of notorious child killer Arthur Greer, who is still in jail for the mutilation murder of schoolgirl Sharon Mason 35 years ago.

The Prisoner Review Board has approved Greer’s release on a previous occasion only to be overruled by former attorney-general Michael Mischin, who also refused to refer the matter to the Court of Appeal.

Current A-G Quigley now wants to change the law “If anyone has viable grounds for appeal, then that should be determined by the courts, not by a politician. The Attorney-General should not be the gatekeeper of such things,” he said.

Sounds sensible for any person innocent. Couldn't be blamed on a Labour / Liberal thing though as Labour McGinty also refused Greer parole. Mischin a member of another club as well?
I agree with that. The AG should not be responsible for deciding these matters.

Merry festivus to you too Smarty.

All those sightings and witness statements after Sharon Mason was abducted sounds just like Hayley Dodd's case.

Just another bizarre co-incidence?
The grotesque mask.
The foreign hair.
The unexplained fingerprint.

As Droc said:

"It’s these co-incidences that get to me. They shouldn't be there, but they are."

A few bizarre happenings on this case

1. Work had previously been completed were her remains were located. Suggesting that they had been placed there well after she had been murdered.
2. The body was decomposing at different rates, it was suggest by the Pathologist that some of the remains may have been frozen for some time before being placed where they were found
3. Continual sightings of Sharon after her disappearance. Probably not unusual though. Perth residents seem to believe that they are ones with vital info. some people just want to be the centre of the universe

The Police case was circumstantial. The mask found and his sons testimony that it belonged to him was the only thing that essentially placed Greer at the scene of the dumping area.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have no doubt whatsoever that a Greer killed Sharon Mason, whether it was Arthur Boycott or his son (as suspected) at the time is another story.
Never heard of the son being suspected, but I thought it was strange that Greer's son was the only person to testify they saw the mask, with Greer wearing it in his shop.

Was he doing a Michelle?

Where's familial DNA when you need it then?

The grotesque mask.
The foreign hair.
The unexplained fingerprint.

As Droc said:

"It’s these co-incidences that get to me. They shouldn't be there, but they are."

Didn't realise those were co-incidences between Sharon Mason and Hayley Dodd. But the girls looked similar, and all those other sightings!

Hayley had a witness who swore they saw her the day after hitchhiking in Mandaring. Larry Puls testified he saw a teenage girl hitchhiking in Mundaring the day Hayley went missing. He called police after seeing Hayley’s picture in the newspaper.
https://thewest.com.au/news/wa/hjs-worker-100-per-cent-sure-about-dodd-sighting-ng-b88663068z

A tour bus driver said he saw Hayley Dodd using a phone box four days after prosecutors say she was abducted and murdered. In a statement to police, Gingin man Sean Troy, who has since died, said he saw the 17-year-old during a stopover with a tour group at the Cataby roadhouse on August 2, 1999.
Mr Troy said he saw a female in a phone box next to the one being used by his nephew during a rest stop at the Wheatbelt roadhouse about 10.20am.
He described her as having black or dark brown hair, 150cm-160cm tall with a “slight build”. At her feet was a bag with the word Equip on it, he said. The court has been told Hayley was carrying a backpack with the word Equip on the flap the morning she disappeared.
https://thewest.com.au/news/wa/driv...-box-four-days-after-her-murder-ng-b88661751z

In a statement to police in 2010 and read to the court by prosecutor Brett Tooker yesterday, Bradley John Davies said he was driving to Perth sometime in 1999 when he saw a girl walking along the side of the road. He said that a short time later a car, which he described as a white Toyota LandCruiser, came “flying” up behind him. He said as it passed, the girl he spotted earlier looked out the window at him with her palms up to the window. “I believe that girl to be Hayley Dodd,” he said.
https://thewest.com.au/news/wa/hayley-dodd-looked-at-me-with-palms-up-to-the-window-ng-b88633414z

Statements made in 1999 by John McConnell, a convicted paedophile who boarded with Mr Wark were also read yesterday. Mr McConnell died in 2013.

Where did I read that both John McConnell and his son (who Hayley may have known) were working on a nearby farm, picked up and driven there by the farmer who didn't like his workers taking off half way during the day? Gave them an airtight alibi for when she was last officially seen but ?

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/cri...-it-says-arthur-greers-daughter-ng-b88701676z

"Christine is often asked about the significance of the mask and the pivotal role it played in her father’s conviction.

“In my mind, I don’t think the mask had anything to do with anything. It was just picked up out of the rubble (when they found Sharon’s body), just like a handbag and a comb, but they (the police) didn’t use those things in evidence. There was a fancy dress shop shop right up the road on Glyde Street and I used to go there regularly. They had lot of masks there. The deli next door (to Greer’s shop) also kept lots of plastic joke stuff.”

Grotesque mask and fancy dress.

Sound familiar?

Last edited:
http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/journals/CICrimJust/2005/26.pdf

"When Justice Fails - a follow up examination of serious criminal cases since 1985."

Seems they have DNA that doesn't match Irish Paddy.

And fingerprints.

Familial testing changes the paradigm.

Did they run the database recently for a match? :cool:

There's no such thing as a FDNA database. Again, that's not how familial DNA works.

So why is Malcolm McCusker the first person to know about this?

There's no such thing as a FDNA database. Again, that's not how familial DNA works.

Please quote who you are talking to. Of course there is no FDNA database. Running familial technique against the criminal DNA database may however bring something up.

Never heard of the son being suspected, but I thought it was strange that Greer's son was the only person to testify they saw the mask, with Greer wearing it in his shop.

Was he doing a Michelle?

Where's familial DNA when you need it then?

Why would you bury a mask with the remains? What an utterly stupid thing to do!

They do however have hair that is not Sharon Masons. What will become of this?

It appears someone may have had the body frozen until the carpark was bitumenised then buried it just prior the bitumen going down, along with the some sewer works.

I wonder when deep sewer went through the area? Each time drainage was done, the body may have been buried under the works.

I'm sure it used to be gravel at the back the shops around Sharons disappearance?

Last edited:
So why is Malcolm McCusker the first person to know about this?
To know there's no FDNA database? Think about what FDNA actually is. It matches one person to another through DNA, ie, testing of each person. To know if one person is from the same family as another they both have to be tested. To see if a child is yours, for example, they have to test both you and the child, testing one or the other tells you nothing.

Please quote who you are talking to. Of course there is no FDNA database. Running familial technique against the criminal DNA database may however bring something up.

Nah, I'll leave you to look just one and two posts up to see who my reply's directed to, although others might learn something as well. What's familial tecnique? There's no such thing. They test one person and see if it's a match to the tested evidence, and if it's a close match but not a full match they'll look for family members to get their DNA. It's just comparing one DNA set to another. It's actually possible for two unrelated people to have very similar DNA.

Why would you bury a mask with the remains? What an utterly stupid thing to do!

They do however have hair that is not Sharon Masons. What will become of this?

It appears someone may have had the body frozen until the carpark was bitumenised then buried it just prior the bitumen going down, along with the some sewer works.

I wonder when deep sewer went through the area? Each time drainage was done, the body may have been buried under the works.

I'm sure it used to be gravel at the back the shops around Sharons disappearance?
Don't forget the fingerprint.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back