The football video games thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I also skipped 17, and there are a few new things.

Scouting is lesser cluttered, they've implemented a player "dynamics" mechanism so you can see how players get along with each other and with you which can impact performance and how likely it is that you get sacked and they've made some changes to the tactical engine.

I apparently have already put 200+ hours into it :$

How is everyone finding FM18? I last got 16 but wondering whether it’s worth the upgrade? Has much changed?
I haven't got it only because I've not really had enough time to play it. I'm a sucker for getting it around now each year. This year I think there's something about players being able to link up well if they get on or something

How is everyone finding FM18? I last got 16 but wondering whether it’s worth the upgrade? Has much changed?
If you have a real itch to play then get it, it's on special on steam now. If you are not fussed then give it a pass for another year.

I had 15 and waited til 18 because I'm bored with fifa atm.

My squad after the Jan 2019 window.

GK: Arrizabalaga, Karius, Kelleher
CB: Manolas, Matip, Lascelles, Gomez, Clarke-Salter
RB: Clyne, Arnold, S.Sessengnon
LB: Robertson, Moreno, R.Sessengnon
CM: Keita, Can, Henderson, Wijnaldum, O'Riley
CAM: Firmino, Wilshere, Jones
RW: Mane, Salah, Brewster
LW: Coutinho, Gnabry, Woodburn
ST: Milik, Origi, Sturridge, Solanke

That's a massive squad.

I usually have 23 or 24 players in the first team squad. Everyone else is either out on loan or in the B team in the 2nd division (my first game is usually with Atletico Madrid) or U19 team.
9 players are in the U23s.

Just finished my 2nd season. Came 5th, 3 points short of Man City.

2nd to last game I was 2-0 up at half time in 4th spot by GD looking good and we completely bottled it and lost 3-2 to Stoke including a 91st min goal to them.

But my 2nd season did end well though beat a 9 man Arsenal 2-1 after ET to win the FA Cup my first piece of silverware. (If you don't include winning the U23s comp)

also finished my 2nd season, but with atalanta, not liverpool :)

managed to make the champions league, finishing 4th in what was a tight race until we once again fell away from challenging inter, and then i used the last game of the season to gift some 16 year old future stars a game against juve. had alejandro gomez in balon d'or form before christmas but fell away like everyone else. cutrone was an excellent loan signing, scoring 16 league goals, but unfortunately most before christmas. rodrigo ely was an excellent signing from relegated alaves. signed krychowiak in jan and he was okay. haris seferovic was brought in on loan to solve the goals problem, and responded by scoring...none.

shifted a lot of deadweight out the club. trying to sign a few more italian players but it's difficult with both the milan sides, juve, napoli and roma snapping up most of them, or going overseas.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Played a bit over Christmas and Qatar lost the rights to the 2022 WC - which was awarded to Australia. Mr Lowy and the FFA no doubt very happy with the outcome.

Going to try and get the Socceroos job so I can lead the team at the tourney. :cool:

Ended up ditching Kolasinac to bring in Mendy, and oh boy is he good. Only paid 45m.

Wilshere is going on a free, I'm bringing Verratti in next season on a free at 250k a week, and I just sold Sanchez for 35m at 32 years old.

DDG
Bellerin Mustafi De Vrij Grimaldo
Mbappe Isco Pereira Lemar
Asensio
Lacazette
Martinez
Dembele (CF)
Regen (CM)
Regen (RW)
Barco
Salah
Gomes
-
Meunier
Gimenez
Romangoli
Mendy
Cyprien
Regen (AM)

I definitely won the transfer market this off season, into 21/22 now. Got lucky by just checking a few players at various times after Feb or so, and it paid massive dividends. I signed Veratti, Varane, Umtiti and Sane - all on frees. Brought in another regen winger in a swap deal + 15m. And Ndidi from Leicester for 30m.

Sold 29yo Mustafi for 55m, and I sold Romangoli too who became surplus to requirements at 63m - to Watford - who are in the CL, along with Bournemouth! Lost Wilshere on a free but didn't care. Got two other regens out on loan.

Team looks like

DDG
Bellerin Varane Umtiti Grimaldo
Mbappe Isco Pereira Lemar
Asensio
Lacazette
Sane
Veratti
Salah
Martinez
Dembele
Barco
Gonzalez (regen RW)
-
Meunier
De Vrij
Gonzalez
Mendy
Dos Santos (regen LW)
Ndidi
Cyprien
Gomes
Ortiz (regen AM)

Sane (90) gets a lot of games, I generally rotate Isco (90) and Veratti (91) too. I give Mendy a lot of games too. My regen wingers are bloody good already - Gonzalez is 85 and only 20, and Dos Santos is 82 at 19. Though Gonzalez has 1* skill moves which I found odd. 92 finishing isn't too bad though, shame his off the ball is only 70. Laca continues to dominate and has 8 goals in 7 games in the league.

Nobody has complained about game time yet so I must be doing OK. :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back