Prediction 2018 Membership Tally - 60,000

How many members for season 2018?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I just find it weird that on three occasions this year when people I have just met at work, with no idea who I am, take a guess as to who I support they have all said Geelong...is there a type of person who supports the club? Or is it just a safe bet to say Geelong when I live in Ballarat?
'

Usually good looking hunky guys who mesmerize women and have magnetic personalities.

Well I was born and bred into supporting Geelong. As are many people with other clubs. Nothing wrong with that.
in fact, I find the reverse a bit perverse, ie changing loyalties

I just find it weird that on three occasions this year when people I have just met at work, with no idea who I am, take a guess as to who I support they have all said Geelong...is there a type of person who supports the club? Or is it just a safe bet to say Geelong when I live in Ballarat?
Yes ACunningPlan, I think there is a type. There is definitely a GFC player type!

The supporter type, well those I've met through footy are (let's exclude the nuffies, every Club has them):
  • intelligent;
  • well-mannered;
  • have excellent AFL/GFC footy knowledge;
  • terrific sense of humour;
  • loyal, especially to GFC;
  • despise Hawthorn :p
  • love a drink or ten;
  • Navy with white are their fave colours;
  • Enthusiastic;
  • Love winning, yet gracious in defeat.

Obviously, Geelong male supporters are charming, charismatic, sexy hunks! If James Bond had played AFL, it would have been for the Geelong Cats!

+ Geelong women supporters

Women who love football.jpg

Now the player type, especially their looks, think:
  • Joel Selwood, navy + white in his DNA;
  • Bartel *swoon* Smoking Gun! Six time winner of AFL Sexiest Player;
  • Tom Hawkins, has that sexy wet look + those blue eyes!:hearteyecat::hearteyecat::hearteyecat:
  • Jed Bews *just pass me a panty liner already!*;
  • Gary Ablett Sr *I'm still crazy mad in love with him* :hearteyecat::hearteyecat::hearteyecat::hearteyecat::hearteyecat::hearteyecat:
  • Corey Enright;
  • Max Rooke! Hard, courageous + sooooo sexy! Epitome of Geelong;
  • Then there is our archetypal 'Ranga' player - Stoneham, Neville Bruns, Robert Neal, Ricky Graham, Roy West (chestnut red), John Mossop, Ling, Bernie Smith, Bluey McGrath +++
  • Tom Harley
  • Brad Ottens

'

Usually good looking hunky guys who mesmerize women and have magnetic personalities.
Hahahaha! pmsl

Plus sexy, hot, gorgeous women, who seduce men with their eyes - all the while driving guys crazy horny while talking footy lol

chris9753

Team Captain
Aug 23, 2009
AFL Club
Geelong
It’s a waste of money Kitty. What do they actually provide you? Fox Footy and FTA provides you with matches since you’re an interstate supporter.

Been a cat's member since 2002, in that time been to 3 games and none in the last 4 years.....can't begin to describe the joy my cats membership has given me and I feel proud of my contribution, albeit in a small way! A small price to pay for what I have received and to feel a part of it!

Deep

Genius on Drugs
Jun 16, 2017
Waterfall Gully
AFL Club
Geelong
Been a cat's member since 2002, in that time been to 3 games and none in the last 4 years.....can't begin to describe the joy my cats membership has given me and I feel proud of my contribution, albeit in a small way! A small price to pay for what I have received and to feel a part of it!
I’m genuinely glad you can feel this way. Not everybody could.

But I torture myself. I’ve gone to about 20 of Ports home games in the last two years & around 8 Crow games so I find it extremely disillusioning

got my pack a couple of days ago got to say while better then last year the scarfs really aren't high quality merchandise, the ones from 5-6 years ago are far better, not sure when or why the club decided to cheap out on these types of things.

got my pack a couple of days ago got to say while better then last year the scarfs really aren't high quality merchandise, the ones from 5-6 years ago are far better, not sure when or why the club decided to cheap out on these types of things.
True.
We have a houseful of scarves and caps.
Time for a new useful freebie.
Those blankets were good value.

True.
We have a houseful of scarves and caps.
Time for a new useful freebie.
Those blankets were good value.
you know i would probably take a beanie if they offered it

So I rang the membership services today asking If my membership had been sent. 'we're behind the 8 ball and I'm not sure If yours has been sent or not. Ring back next week If it hasn't arrived and we'll re-send it.' :eek:

So I rang the membership services today asking If my membership had been sent. 'we're behind the 8 ball and I'm not sure If yours has been sent or not. Ring back next week If it hasn't arrived and we'll re-send it.' :eek:

Thats impressive :drunk:

Nickoo

Norm Smith Medallist
May 13, 2015
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory
Received membership pack today. Pretty good given they said it would be sometime in January maybe latish from memory. Under promise, over deliver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back