Rumour 'Tex' Walker unhappy to share nickname

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think it is unreasonable at all.
If you want to use a famous person's name to endorse a product, you would generally need to get their permission.

I love the way Walker gets so uppity about his nickname when it was taken from a television show to begin with.

"I can steal it from somewhere but no one else can".

I heard he used to pick on disabled people who were a lot smarter than him. Also heard he is an extremely s**t bloke. Like a really really s**t bloke.

Now that's a rumour. Not I heard Tex Walker "did something" and it's "about to break".

The picking on disabled people bit is a rumour but I think the ‘really really s**t bloke’ part is established fact at this point.

Heard through a friend who works at the club that Taylor Walker has spoken to the entire club and appealed to revoke the 'Tex' nickname from AFLW player Sarah Perkins. He allegedly said that sharing the nickname could detract from his legacy down the track and he feared it may cause people to confuse him with a woman. I guess now we just have to wait and see if they comply with his request.

Started by a port supporter. Why is this not moved to the Bay?

My source is now telling me Walker has softened his position and has agreed to share the nickname with Sarah, as long as it stands at just 'Tex', meaning Taylor has full ownership of 'The Big Texan', 'Texas', and 'Tex Walker' while also sharing 'Tex' with Tex. Tex has not commented on the matter all throughout the rumblings but says she's looking forward to getting out there with the girls in the upcoming AFLW Season and giving it a red hot crack. Seems this rumour is resolved.

You are full of s**t, Your story has no truth in it,
And if you realized where Sara Perkin got the nickname it makes your comment even worse.
PS have your heard of the Cruel Sea.

Last edited:
watch the video of the national anthem, hardwick was laughing at them at the end of it as they all walked away and the crows were still power stancing

love that video, every time i see it i swear Lever is about to puke

I noticed that on GF day. Our guys looked as wired as s**t and your blokes looked extremely relaxed. Was not a good sign.

Would not be surprised with this bloke.
An absolute flog of the worst kind. Probably thinks he has a 'brand'.
That is how dumb he is. s**t player. Look at his stats. The vast majority of his goals are versus bottom sides.
Zero ground game. No second efforts. No follow up. No impact.
Just and old fashioned mark and kick man.
Absolutely no good. Huge mistake as Captain and now Pyke is stuck with him and won't have the balls to remove him.
Expect Adelaide to go downhill pretty fast. Similar to Eagles after 2015.
Lol...this coming from a Saints supporter is just FUNNY ...your team would give up a heap to have Walker in a second. How's your team going btw ??? ....still can't make the 8? ...ah 1997 must still hurt ...you have to be a VERY average team to not beat an interstate mob at the G ....most Vic clubs have no trouble doing it ;)
Crows will be up there again in 2018...Saints bottom 8 again. ENJOY !!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol...this coming from a Saints supporter is just FUNNY ...your team would give up a heap to have Walker in a second. How's your team going btw ??? ....still can't make the 8? ...ah 1997 must still hurt ...you have to be a VERY average team to not beat an interstate mob at the G ....most Vic clubs have no trouble doing it ;)
Crows will be up there again in 2018...Saints bottom 8 again. ENJOY !!!!
What a cry baby.
What is this thread about?
Walker is your highest paid hero.
Your time. His time has come and gone. He has been figured out. He's done.
He will end up rated much lower than Travis Cloke.

Saints irrelevent to this thread.

You are full of s**t, Your story has no truth in it,
And if you realized where Sara Perkin got the nickname it makes your comment even worse.
PS have your heard of the Cruel Sea.

I always assumed it was because Texas is a large state and that she's a big fat lady.

I always assumed it was because Texas is a large state and that she's a big fat lady.

But of a risk bringing in the size of a person as a reason for the nickname.
But she got the nickname, after Tex Perkins,
The problem I have with this made up story is Tex Walker was one of the First to call her Tex.

What a cry baby.
What is this thread about?
Walker is your highest paid hero.
Your time. His time has come and gone. He has been figured out. He's done.
He will end up rated much lower than Travis Cloke.

Saints irrelevent to this thread.
This thread is so supporters of lesser teams can have a dig at a player better than most on their lists.
It's just so funny when those people support nothing - going nowhere clubs. LOL
As for Walker in 2018 ....I'm looking forward to him tearing it up and being voted best captain AGAIN by his peers...who are obviously a LOT smarter than their supporters ;)
Thanks for proving my point. LOL !!!!

Is that near Bass Strait??
No not the bass straight, believe its "down Below" the "Three Legged Dog" but if you get there "sure enough" you will realize "That not the way home" and after "taking all day" to get there, then finding out its " To late to turn Back" you can "Blame it on the moon"

I'm not a huge fan of Tex, but this has got to be a troll. Walker does get precious about things, but there's no way he'd be this precious.

Stuff like this should really be in Bay 13. Sure, this is the place for rumours, but this claim seems beyond fanciful to me.

This thread is so supporters of lesser teams can have a dig at a player better than most on their lists.
It's just so funny when those people support nothing - going nowhere clubs. LOL
As for Walker in 2018 ....I'm looking forward to him tearing it up and being voted best captain AGAIN by his peers...who are obviously a LOT smarter than their supporters ;)
Thanks for proving my point. LOL !!!!
In terms of disproving your point, im a supporter of a better team having a go at a Walker. And we have many players better.

Thanks for turning up.

Regards,

Reigning Premiers.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back