What are Australia's most chilling crimes?

Remove this Banner Ad

SmartAlec

Team Captain
Sep 17, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Certainly a house of horrors looking at that article.

A gurney - what would you use that for in regular household life? Where did they get a gurney from? Bunnings?

Seriously?

Well prepared and pre-meditated.

Dumb and dumber.

Life for a life.

"Lenon, who is in custody at Bandyup Women's Prison awaiting sentencing for the murder of Aaron Pajich, was attacked by prisoners on New Year's Day."

http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/aaron-pajich-murderer-attacked-in-prison-20180101-h0ca93.html

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/cri...er-trudi-lenon-attacked-in-jail-ng-b88703700z

SmartAlec

Team Captain
Sep 17, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
"Lenon, who is in custody at Bandyup Women's Prison awaiting sentencing for the murder of Aaron Pajich, was attacked by prisoners on New Year's Day."

http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/aaron-pajich-murderer-attacked-in-prison-20180101-h0ca93.html

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/cri...er-trudi-lenon-attacked-in-jail-ng-b88703700z

http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/d...eath-after-prison-attack-20180103-h0cznx.html

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/cri...ich-sweetman-killer-trudi-lenon-ng-b88704814z

"Green expressed his wish for Lenon to "get an infection and die a horrid and slow and obscenely painful death"

Good one Dan - 588k followers.

Sounds legit :thumbsu:

Last edited:

SmartAlec

Team Captain
Sep 17, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Swanbourne

Swanbourne Senior High School. Don't look for it, it's not there any more.

Across the road from the SAS base, and not too far from Claremont. Should be plenty for you to work with there.
Thanks for this - wasn't aware Sharon Mason attended that school.

Interesting given that it appears the Sharon Mason case is being reinvestigated according to mainstream media.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/cri...-it-says-arthur-greers-daughter-ng-b88701676z

The SAS base at Swanbourne - that's Campbell Barracks isn't it?

Home of the "Phantoms of the Jungle"?

http://www.allenandunwin.com/browse...S--Phantoms-of-War-David-Horner-9781865086477

"The SAS operated deep behind enemy lines, conducting surveillance at close range, poised to spring into violent action at need. It was with good reason the Viet Cong came to call them Ma Rung -'phantoms of the jungle'.

Last edited:

Dan Baker

Club Legend
Jan 12, 2017
Conspiracy Not
AFL Club
West Coast
Thanks for this - wasn't aware Sharon Mason attended that school.

Interesting given that it appears the Sharon Mason case is being reinvestigated according to mainstream media.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/cri...-it-says-arthur-greers-daughter-ng-b88701676z

The SAS base at Swanbourne - that's Campbell Barracks isn't it?

Home of the "Phantoms of the Jungle"?

http://www.allenandunwin.com/browse...S--Phantoms-of-War-David-Horner-9781865086477

"The SAS operated deep behind enemy lines, conducting surveillance at close range, poised to spring into violent action at need. It was with good reason the Viet Cong came to call them Ma Rung -'phantoms of the jungle'.

She suffered a prison vulgar purgation. Trial by hot water. Just like Daniel Morcombe's attacker.

Is Lilley on the lithium yet? When is her turn?

Last edited:

chargers 09

Premiership Player
May 13, 2009
A shithole
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls, Baltimore Ravens
Back in my Correctional officer days I got to manage some of the worst of the worst,

The Murphy Bros, Travis and Murdoch, Wayne John Glover (the granny killler) he used to make
an awesome cuppa, Peter Schniedes, Garforth, Crump, Baker etc

Without a doubt Ivan Milat was the
most difficult to manage this scum had nothing in his soul I looked into his eyes and just saw darkness.

Which facility where you based out of?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SmartAlec

Team Captain
Sep 17, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
She suffered a prison vulgar purgation. Trial by hot water. Just like Daniel Morcombe's attacker.

Is Lilley on the lithium yet? When is her turn?

Did someone mention a membership list?

Fibbers and sinners.

What did Danny G say? ;)

Last edited:

Badge666

Cancelled
Jan 12, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
I think Ashley Melvyn Coulstons 1992 Burwood triple murder is right up there with the worst crimes of the modern era.
Although he doesn't get much press Coulston could be Australias version of Ted Bundy .
In 1992 Two young Melbourne girls Anne Smerdon and Kerry Henstrige had advertised in a newspaper for someone to share their 3 bedroom Burwood rental accomodation.
Coulston had called .possibly giving his name as Duncan,and asked if the fact he was middle aged would be a problem.
Kind hearted and trusting the two girls had invited him to inspect the room ALONG WITH OTHER APPLICANTS on a rotating schedule on the night in question.
I have highlighted this as Coulston most probably wasn't expecting it and was unnerved as other applicants came to the door of the house as he went about his dirty business which almost certainly revolved around planned rape of the girls.
For security one of the girls brother in law Peter Dempsey was also present, however as soon as Coulston arrived he produced a silenced 22. rifle , threatened the innocent young threesome ,bound them with cable ties and separated them into different bedrooms in the house.
He then covered their heads with bedding and towels and callously executed the three complete strangers with shots to the back of the head.
A stone cold. planned triple murder.
Several months later Coulson was arrested after trying to abduct a couple near the Melbourne Botanical Gardens and shooting it out with security guards called to to the scene with the same silenced rifle he had used in the Burwood triple slaying.
Further investigation showed that Coulston as a FOURTEEN YEAR OLD BOY had stalked then abducted at gunpoint two teachers in North East Victoria-but had not come to police attention again in the intervening decades until the Burwood triple slaying.
Just what was this guy up to in the intervening years ? -there is a school of thought that Coulston may make Ivan Milat look like a choirboy by comparison.
Coulston and his family had lived in Sydney,Melbourne and the Gold Coast /Tweed Heads region and the killer travelled the routes in between many, many times over the years.
Suspected and carries the same blood type of the Gold Coast Balaclava rapist/murderer.
Suspected of being Sydneys brutal and calculating Sutherland rapist.
Investigated as being Melbournes "Mr Cruel"
Suspected of being responsible for dozens of inexplicable murders and disappearances between the Gold Coast,Northern Rivers and Sydney.
Serving life, refuses to be interviewed and still denied being responsible for the Burwood triple murder.
Very possibly Australias least publicised ,worst ever rapist and killer bar none .
Truly Chilling.

kirsti

Club Legend
Jul 27, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Manchester United
Which facility where you based out of?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I started at Goulburn then Cooma when it was a Sex offenders program, I then had 8 years at Mannus where my last two years I served as the Acting Deputy Governor, I then was appointed as a Senior Assistant Superintendent at Lithgow.

I was the appointed as the inaugural substantive Manager of Ivanhoe Warrakirri Correctional Centre, I was the Deputy Governor at the Broken Hill CC.

I was then worked as the Acting Regional Manager of the women's programs based at Silverwater with my last appointment being the Acting Deputy Director of periodic detention and pre release programs

I started at Goulburn then Cooma when it was a Sex offenders program, I then had 8 years at Mannus where my last two years I served as the Acting Deputy Governor, I then was appointed as a Senior Assistant Superintendent at Lithgow.

I was the appointed as the inaugural substantive Manager of Ivanhoe Warrakirri Correctional Centre, I was the Deputy Governor at the Broken Hill CC.

I was then worked as the Acting Regional Manager of the women's programs based at Silverwater with my last appointment being the Acting Deputy Director of periodic detention and pre release programs

Starting at Goulburn way back a bit, tough gig Kirsti.

Oct 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Wasn't there talk at the time that Dante Arthurs was actually one of the Bulger killers, living out here on his new identity? Some dots were connected and some similarities drawn, I remember.

It was denied, I guess they'd deny it regardless, but nothing ever came of it so I assume it was BS.
Dante Arthurs is eligible for parole next year. Received 13 years non parole backdated to his arrest on 27th June 2006. Found to have sexually assaulted an 8 year old close to his home in Perth in 2003, but police interview so vigorous charges thrown out and he was released. Later his DNA was found on her clothes. Also, before leaving England in 2001 was suspected of sexual assault but left the country before arrest could be made.

Connections to Robert Thompson were denied as they have to be. Currently lawyers in England are trying to get the suppression order both boys were given after their release in 2001, because of Venables re offending. Thomson is supposed to be in England in a homosexual relationship.
So the following is just co-incidence.
upload_2018-2-9_16-39-43.png
upload_2018-2-9_16-39-57.png

Robert Thompson on left has a grandfather called Arthur Dante.
Dante Arthurs on right in 2006, when arrested for violent murder and sexual assault of 8 year old Sophia Rodriguez-Urrutia-Shu in a Perth shopping centre toilet.

Thomson's mother Anne spent 8 years in country south of London before the 2001 release of Robert.
Arthur's mother Suzanne spend 8 years in country south of London before the family (Suzanne with male husband or father and one older brother) came to Canning Vale in Perth.

Arthurs has a Perth birth certificate for August 1984 (edit date) and Arthurs attended Northlake Senior Campus until 2003. This school is specifically for year 11 and 12 and adult students.
Thompson who was born in August (different date) 1982 finished his secondary schooling while in detention and supposedly has never re offended.

For much of his childhood Mr Arthurs, who works part-time at a shop, lived in England, but he returned to Perth with his family in 2001 to complete high school.
He has an older brother and police said the parents were being very co-operative.

"We had a perfectly normal life," Mrs Arthurs told paper The West Australian last year. "We had eight years in England, living in the south of England."

A school ball photo showed Mr Arthurs in 2003 enjoying a night out with friends from North Lake Senior Campus.

What would motivate him to kill in the way he is alleged to have taken Sofia's life has baffled Police Commissioner Karl O'Callaghan.

"It's one of the most shocking cases that I've ever heard of and I know much more detail and it's quite horrific," he said.

Last edited:
It has been raised on a number of occasions that Dante Arthurs is not Thompson, however it should be noted that suppression orders remain in effect and no further discussions of the identities of Thompson or Venables will be facilitated.

Happy Freo

LOL 42 years LOL
Aug 26, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
Certainly a house of horrors looking at that article.

A gurney - what would you use that for in regular household life? Where did they get a gurney from? Bunnings?

Seriously?

Well prepared and pre-meditated.

Dumb and dumber.

Life for a life.

https://www.perthnow.com.au/news/cr...ny-attwood-flaunt-jail-romance-ng-b881044684z

Yuk. Nazi murderer and one of the BDSM murderers of autistic victim. Aryan Nations and Aryan Girls. Should be looking at bringing back the death penalty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May 8, 2007
vic
AFL Club
Richmond
I think Rebecca Butterfield may qualify. Since being locked up for murder, she will deliberately and ostentatiously self-harm, so that when guards come in to stop her, she can then attack them. She has had several dangerous episodes where she has had to be strapped down for weeks.

She requires full-time (24-hours a day) observation, and gets shuttled between high-security prisons to give the guards some respite.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/l...t/news-story/332c57e2655fb8c549db05497d10b7b1

GreyPower

Club Legend
Oct 15, 2014
PAFC
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Thats a sad case, shes obviously very dangerous, although I wouldnt put her in the top category of worst crimes.

Aug 17, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
I think Ashley Melvyn Coulstons 1992 Burwood triple murder is right up there with the worst crimes of the modern era.
Although he doesn't get much press Coulston could be Australias version of Ted Bundy .
In 1992 Two young Melbourne girls Anne Smerdon and Kerry Henstrige had advertised in a newspaper for someone to share their 3 bedroom Burwood rental accomodation.
Coulston had called .possibly giving his name as Duncan,and asked if the fact he was middle aged would be a problem.
Kind hearted and trusting the two girls had invited him to inspect the room ALONG WITH OTHER APPLICANTS on a rotating schedule on the night in question.
I have highlighted this as Coulston most probably wasn't expecting it and was unnerved as other applicants came to the door of the house as he went about his dirty business which almost certainly revolved around planned rape of the girls.
For security one of the girls brother in law Peter Dempsey was also present, however as soon as Coulston arrived he produced a silenced 22. rifle , threatened the innocent young threesome ,bound them with cable ties and separated them into different bedrooms in the house.
He then covered their heads with bedding and towels and callously executed the three complete strangers with shots to the back of the head.
A stone cold. planned triple murder.
Several months later Coulson was arrested after trying to abduct a couple near the Melbourne Botanical Gardens and shooting it out with security guards called to to the scene with the same silenced rifle he had used in the Burwood triple slaying.
Further investigation showed that Coulston as a FOURTEEN YEAR OLD BOY had stalked then abducted at gunpoint two teachers in North East Victoria-but had not come to police attention again in the intervening decades until the Burwood triple slaying.
Just what was this guy up to in the intervening years ? -there is a school of thought that Coulston may make Ivan Milat look like a choirboy by comparison.
Coulston and his family had lived in Sydney,Melbourne and the Gold Coast /Tweed Heads region and the killer travelled the routes in between many, many times over the years.
Suspected and carries the same blood type of the Gold Coast Balaclava rapist/murderer.
Suspected of being Sydneys brutal and calculating Sutherland rapist.
Investigated as being Melbournes "Mr Cruel"
Suspected of being responsible for dozens of inexplicable murders and disappearances between the Gold Coast,Northern Rivers and Sydney.
Serving life, refuses to be interviewed and still denied being responsible for the Burwood triple murder.
Very possibly Australias least publicised ,worst ever rapist and killer bar none .
Truly Chilling.

I never knew or read much about Coulston but did a bit of research after this post. I'd put it up there. Like Derek Percy, it just feels like those couldn't have been his first killings. Except Percy was early 20s, Coulston was mid 30s.

Badge666

Cancelled
Jan 12, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
I never knew or read much about Coulston but did a bit of research after this post. I'd put it up there. Like Derek Percy, it just feels like those couldn't have been his first killings. Except Percy was early 20s, Coulston was mid 30s.

Yes it is really very interesting. Stalking and then abducting two teachers at gunpoint in his very early teens then not coming to police attention again for 20 years albeit in spectacular fashion trying on a random double rape abduction off the street and shooting it out with security when cornered.
What a shocking cold blooded triple execution of three innocent young people. Just what else is this evil creature responsible for.? Steadfastly denies guilt for the crime he was caught dead cold at that ended it all. Could easily be Australias Ted Bundy .

Oct 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Evil Child killer Dante Arthurs refused parole

Next week marks 13 years since Dante Arthurs strangled and sexually assaulted eight year old Sofia Rodriguez-Urrutia Shu in a Perth shopping centre toilet, in one of the most evil murders WA has ever seen.

Arthurs was jailed for life for murdering the innocent eight-year old in Canning Vale on June 26, 2006. His 13-year non-parole period was due to run out next week, but a decision was made to refuse parole. He will be eligible for parole again in three years.

footy75

Premiership Player
Jun 4, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
13 year non parole period, WTF?

THIS...

hang on..he strangled and murdered a child and got a 13 year non parole period... did i read that correctly

got to love this campaignerry... your criminal if u take cough medicine or head ache tablets that contain codeine, you get ejected from football games if you are too loud, you are only allowed to drink half strength beer...but if you kill a child you get 13 years jail...

Oct 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
THIS...

hang on..he strangled and murdered a child and got a 13 year non parole period... did i read that correctly

got to love this campaignerry... your criminal if u take cough medicine or head ache tablets that contain codeine, you get ejected from football games if you are too loud, you are only allowed to drink half strength beer...but if you kill a child you get 13 years jail...
... and sexually assaulted her. The horrific crime changed the configuration of toilets in many shopping centres in Perth with no doors on entrances from corridors.

Must have had World class lawyers who gave Wide Protection of charges he actually faced. A plea bargain deal was done with DPP to change Willful Murder charges to Murder and drop the two counts of sexual penetration of a child under 10 because forensic analysis couldn't conclude if the sexual assault occurred before or after she died.

Convicted of Murder and Unlawful Detention which gave him a 13 year non parole for the life sentence. However laws in WA changed since Dante was convicted and there's now no difference between Willful Murder and Murder, so even though he now comes up for Parole every three years, it's likely to be denied.

He was charged for another sexual assault on a 8 year old girl three years earlier in 2003. Not sure why he was suspected but because the police interview was deemed "too robust" charges were dropped. After Sophia's murder this case was looked at again and when his shorts in evidence were sent for forensic testing, the victims blood was found on them.

After Dante Arthurs pleaded guilty it was publicly confirmed that he was under investigation by British police for sexually assaulting another girl in 2001. Arthurs was never charged with this incident because he left Britain for Australia before an identity parade could take place.

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Jill Meagher has to rank pretty high, I mean it made that year’s afl grand final week in Melbourne pretty much completely irrelevant, just a surreal week. Probably the most gripped Melbourne had been over a crime since Mr Cruel in the early 90s.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back