Excitement level for AFL season?

Hyped?

• 1/10 footied out

Votes: 21 10.0%
  • 3/10 slightly excited but enjoying other codes to much to care.

Votes: 12 5.7%
  • 5/10 mildly excited

Votes: 39 18.5%
  • 7/10 getting there.....

Votes: 64 30.3%
  • 10/10 PREMIERS 2018 !!!!!11111

Votes: 75 35.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

TheKanga

Brownlow Medallist
May 31, 2011
Hobart
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Melbourne City
So BF how hyped are you for the 2018 AFL season?

I am enjoying the EPL, A League & Champions League/Europa League.
However i don't enjoy Cricket or Tennis.

Right now, I've seen a few Dustin Martin highlights videos on the club website, and now that the contract has been taken care of, I can't wait to see if Dusty can take his game to another level this year.

For the sport as a whole, I'm about 3/10 excited, as it's only January.

The hype is subdued, much like last year. I'm reading the Richmond premiership book, so I'm enjoying learning about our renewed culture and taking a quiet sense of confidence in the club's long-term prospects as a potential perennial top 4 club, which has been the long-term goal since Brendon Gale introduced the 3-0-75 mission in 2010. So it's a slow burn vibe, and I don't follow any other sports in the meantime.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The standard the past 5 or so years has been awful. I want it to return in 2019 like Game of Thrones. Surely the year off would give them time to write a better season.

The standard since your team was winning flags is awful? The league was so s**t on one end 2007-2012, frankly I prefer the eveneness of the competition.

Lot of narratives

Tigers backing it up
Crows seeking redemption
Cats with 2 of the best in the comp
Giants Ferrari living up to expectation
Dogs revamping with much of the 2016 flag list still there
Dons and their 3 recruits
Power top up for a flag tilt
Dees delivering on their promise
Can the hawks compete

Plus who knows who emerges from the likes of the lions, blues, suns or dockers as a dark horse

Should be a good season.

7/10 getting there is about right for me. Like I'm relieved I'll get a bit of a footy fix next month but I'm still content enough to wait til then. Still enjoying my preseason training reports and hearing how our young players are 'training the house down'.

I'll definitely be 10/10 by the end of Feb when its about a month from the real stuff.

Lot of narratives

Tigers backing it up
Crows seeking redemption
Cats with 2 of the best in the comp
Giants Ferrari living up to expectation
Dogs revamping with much of the 2016 flag list still there
Dons and their 3 recruits
Power top up for a flag tilt
Dees delivering on their promise
Can the hawks compete

Plus who knows who emerges from the likes of the lions, blues, suns or dockers as a dark horse

Should be a good season.

Essendon because of their excellent but perhaps mercurial forward line, less so the three recruits (none of which are amazing).

And Cats now three of the best (if Ablett holds up)

Apart from that you're pretty much bang on IMO

Last edited:
I’m very keen to see Essendon have what could be their most successful season in over a decade. In saying this, I have been following the NBA, enjoying the tennis and even watching a bit of the NFL playoffs. I was feeling the pinch about a month ago but Miami have started to put themselves in contention for the NBA playoffs so my eyes have been glued to that. NFL playoffs are very similar to the AFL finals in a way so that has caught my attention as well. As good as these are, I can’t attend so the tennis next week will fix my hunger for live sport. Haven’t been to the Australian Open since 2015 so quite excited to attend this time around.

I've barely noticed it's gone this off season for the first time in my life. Disillusioned with the club I support and how it's ran probably why. Since I've become anti CS I've become less enthused.

But the fact I know some footy will be back soon is enough for me to say 5/10 now.

Cannot wait, there are no other sports worth watching. I've got a feeling that I'll be watching the X, even though it's only going to be a bunch of fringe players. Then the W, hopefully we see further improvement in the standard of play. It definitely got better as the season wore on and finished really well. Then the JLT and hoping to see a glimpse of a couple of new draftees and a bit more of last year's. Hurry the furq up.

Back