Opinion Tim Holt Article

Jun 28, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Not outrageous comments. Interesting (potential) negatives mentioned being adequate leadership after Hodgey goes and how Sicily coped with more attention.

These are fair things to raise but hopefully our club will be ahead of them

Loves Lovell

Jun 28, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Care to show evidence where I have;

'plagiarized content from BigFooty'

I will wait with baited breath. if you cannot provide such evidence. I would suggest you think before posting such foolish comments that could be used against you ;)
I didn’t mind your article. As stated above I think “the problems” you identified are correct but I have great hope that Hawthorn are ahead of these issues

Leadership - It seems that the focus of this pre-season has been on developing leadership and relationships. It would be wrong of me to assume that this will have instant results on the field but I’m hoping

Sicily - I really trust Clarko on Sicily. Clarko keeps coming back to that energy and passion in Sicily and turning it into a strength. Someone like Sam Mitchell would have been good though for Sic. Sam had the coolest head around and almost enjoyed “not reacting” and letting his footy talk

So you reckon Lovell could do well this year? That’d be great

Kdogawakens

Rookie
Jan 5, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
It's a blog, not an article.

Tim has tried in the past to link his blog on BigFooty because of all the likes he received from it from his Facebook group. Problem is, his blog is basically plagiarized content from BigFooty that he tries to pass of as his own. He hasn't lasted long on here as a result.
Accusing someone of plagiarism is pretty serious. If you're throwing around something like that, you'd want to be sure. That you've made a written accusation as well, and if you have no proof, could get you in a lot of trouble. Something to think about.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

PhatHQ

Premiership Player
Sep 26, 2015
Newcastle
AFL Club
Hawthorn

I will wait with baited breath. if you cannot provide such evidence. I would suggest you think before posting such foolish comments that could be used against you ;)

I thought it was a good article mate.
All of your points are very reasonable & somewhat common knowledge throughout the BF world in parts.
Nicely put together.

I do think that there is a slight under selling of the leadership at the club with the reliance on senior players as the mainstay.
I believe that the leadership emergence will come from guys like Mitchell, O'mera, Howe, Hardwick as the new leadership with setting expectations. Having McEvoy, Birchall, Stratts, Chip supporting Rough, Gunston, Shiels & Smith Should be more than enough to cover what the club has lost over the last couple of seasons.

Roughy will be the leader but if I was a betting man, & as you have already implied the importance, Grant Birchall will be the defensive General.

Tom Lynch.... Hawthorn Suns
$$$$
Hard to sell the farm again....
Yes please

Tim62

Rookie
Feb 11, 2014
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Not outrageous comments. Interesting (potential) negatives mentioned being adequate leadership after Hodgey goes and how Sicily coped with more attention.

These are fair things to raise but hopefully our club will be ahead of them

Loves Lovell

Thanks for the reply

i think leadership will be a huge issue. Though, a few could step up, notably Birchall

As for Sicily, he has me split, either a darkhorse for AA or dropped to BH after 10 games

Lovell is a gun

Thanks for the reply

i think leadership will be a huge issue. Though, a few could step up, notably Birchall

As for Sicily, he has me split, either a darkhorse for AA or dropped to BH after 10 games

Lovell is a gun
If you are commenting on leadership then you should include Mirra in the discussion.

Here is a bloke who is mature, knows the defensive structures, has been a leader to the younger players and is well respected.

Bedi

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 8, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Thanks for the reply

Lovell is a gun
You're forgetting how good he is up forward; esp given he's still very young and raw. If things aren't working down back (which at times they may not), he'll still have a valuable role as a goal kicker.

Bedi

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 8, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Tim has tried in the past to link his blog on BigFooty because of all the likes he received from it from his Facebook group. Problem is, his blog is basically plagiarized content from BigFooty that he tries to pass of as his own. He hasn't lasted long on here as a result.
very harsh.

Tim62

Rookie
Feb 11, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I thought it was a good article mate.
All of your points are very reasonable & somewhat common knowledge throughout the BF world in parts.
Nicely put together.

I do think that there is a slight under selling of the leadership at the club with the reliance on senior players as the mainstay.
I believe that the leadership emergence will come from guys like Mitchell, O'mera, Howe, Hardwick as the new leadership with setting expectations. Having McEvoy, Birchall, Stratts, Chip supporting Rough, Gunston, Shiels & Smith Should be more than enough to cover what the club has lost over the last couple of seasons.

Roughy will be the leader but if I was a betting man, & as you have already implied the importance, Grant Birchall will be the defensive General.

Tom Lynch.... Hawthorn Suns
$$$$
Hard to sell the farm again....
Yes please

thanks for the kind words.

Hardwick is the one for the future as leader. The concern is in the now. This year without Hodge might be tough. i think they should have kept him on

Birchall, as i alluded too, reminds me of Tucky.

lynch, a nice fantasy, i doubt it will happen

Tim62

Rookie
Feb 11, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Accusing someone of plagiarism is pretty serious. If you're throwing around something like that, you'd want to be sure. That you've made a written accusation as well, and if you have no proof, could get you in a lot of trouble. Something to think about.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yes hard to argue with print on a page. i love the photo option of mobile phone when dealing with slander of ones name

dermott

Club Legend
Oct 9, 2004
Portsea
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawthorn

It would probably be better if you wait with bated breath. "Baited breath" conjures up something somewhat malodorous.

Luv_our_club

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 14, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
the link to the blog was a worthwhile read

But........i read into the assessment of leadership of 2017 an implied criticism of Roughy, who i thought was outstanding in his first year as captain. Perhaps i`m oversensitive.

I've read all of Tim's articles/blog posts on the hawks and on cricket, I have also read a hell of a lot on BF and not once have the two coincided. His posts come from him, and I have strong evidence to suggest so, even aside from my lack of seeing overlap.

Back