BigFooty Fantasy Tennis League

Remove this Banner Ad

Trading in rookie price players appears pointless to make cash, Day had a superb week a couple of weeks back but only went up 410K.

You basically have to have a jump on and off strategy with the top players.

For eg. Svitolina shits the bed drops 1.98mil in one week while Konta has a great week goes up 2.02 mil, a 4 million swing right there. (Konta being a late out really hurt this week so not the greatest example) but do this over the next few gameweeks and you should have plenty of coin for some of the bigger tournaments.

Am I the only one that's going backwards each week? I've got a good team but every week a couple under-perform, very frustrating.

My team for this week (a bit under-strength this week but I don't want to trade out my big 3 on the bench):
c76f5c11eda39c3441c2bdec5fe54538.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm playing also. First draft had Murray, Djokovic, Nishikori, Azarenka. They're all gone now, and I've managed to squeeze Fed in.

Playing for the 1st time. I have Fed, Rafa, Novak & Sharapova. Then the rest of my team is pretty shithouse. The AFL SC/DT equivalent of my strategy is guns n rookies but I really have no idea whether it will be effective for this competition or not. I figure with the 50% and 20% bonuses the top 4 players are super important but I may have spent too much on my top 4 to the detriment of the rest of my team

Playing for the 1st time. I have Fed, Rafa, Novak & Sharapova. Then the rest of my team is pretty shithouse. The AFL SC/DT equivalent of my strategy is guns n rookies but I really have no idea whether it will be effective for this competition or not. I figure with the 50% and 20% bonuses the top 4 players are super important but I may have spent too much on my top 4 to the detriment of the rest of my team

I think you definitely have to have Fed up top (unless you are confident in who will win the womens), but I'm going a little lighter in the Key Players section. Novak and Rafa are both under injury clouds so who knows how deep they'll go in the Aus open, and then they might not play a great deal at the start of the season. I like Zverev and Muguruza, and of course Sharapova is huge value. Others I've considered are Dimitrov, Pliskova, and maybe Goffin but thats mostly because I'm a fan of Belgium in general.

Then I have 4 players in 5-8 mill range, 3 bench players between 3-4 mill, 2 between 2-3, and 2 at basement price. Getting on players like Novak, Wawrinka, Nishikori, Azarenka, Berdych etc. at the right time could be key, because they're all good value if they can get back to their best.

I think you definitely have to have Fed up top (unless you are confident in who will win the womens), but I'm going a little lighter in the Key Players section. Novak and Rafa are both under injury clouds so who knows how deep they'll go in the Aus open, and then they might not play a great deal at the start of the season. I like Zverev and Muguruza, and of course Sharapova is huge value. Others I've considered are Dimitrov, Pliskova, and maybe Goffin but thats mostly because I'm a fan of Belgium in general.

Then I have 4 players in 5-8 mill range, 3 bench players between 3-4 mill, 2 between 2-3, and 2 at basement price. Getting on players like Novak, Wawrinka, Nishikori, Azarenka, Berdych etc. at the right time could be key, because they're all good value if they can get back to their best.

Sharapova is my only player between 5-8 mil. That is probably where my team will suffer but I think Djokovich is great value and I'm a huge Nadal fan so I can't bring myself to drop him. I currently have 4 players between 3-5 mil and then 5 2-3 mil and 3 <2 mil.

Hey guys, first time doing the tennis fantasy, long-time SuperCoacher. Just a question, how important is it to field eight players each game? Obviously in SC a zero is deadly, but looking at the tennis calendar and given some players play more tournaments than others or some games will be just ATP or just WTA, is copping a donut sometimes par for the course? Or is that why we have plenty of trades? Any thoughts would be great, cheers.

Hey guys, first time doing the tennis fantasy, long-time SuperCoacher. Just a question, how important is it to field eight players each game? Obviously in SC a zero is deadly, but looking at the tennis calendar and given some players play more tournaments than others or some games will be just ATP or just WTA, is copping a donut sometimes par for the course? Or is that why we have plenty of trades? Any thoughts would be great, cheers.
i havent had a look at it this year but last year, you really had to have at least 3-4 players playing, just to cover the bonus % points. And you need a good mix of both genders in your team for when the other is playing Fed/Davis Cup, you can cover a basic line. some weeks are unavoidable

by the middle of season, you should nearly be able to have nearly an all star team if you trade well.

i havent had a look at it this year but last year, you really had to have at least 3-4 players playing, just to cover the bonus % points. And you need a good mix of both genders in your team for when the other is playing Fed/Davis Cup, you can cover a basic line. some weeks are unavoidable

by the middle of season, you should nearly be able to have nearly an all star team if you trade well.
Ok cool. Thanks for that. Yeh I just thought I'd see. So potentially early you may field 6-7. I know game 2 is all WTA and one soon after all ATP. Sounds good. Thanks! Looking forward to it.

I like Kerber as a pick, from what I saw in Hopman cup and her match against Venus Williams in Sydney she could be really good value at 6.53 million.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back