News Harley Bennell - Ends at Freo in 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

The upside for you guys is surely there was an allowance of $$ for Harley next year. If it ends up that he isn't around, you should have some pretty attractive dollars to throw around. Start the Hogan band wagon.

I’m confident (or perhaps just hoping) that once his calf’s right and he’s playing again he’ll be fine and these episodes will stop. It surely has to be frustrating being a professional athlete but unable to play.
I find it frustrating I can't play professional football because I am consistently crap. What is his excuse again ??

Cheagle just showed footage of him training at Peel today.
It appears his calf is fine. Seems Harley has just been a naughty boy.
Something mentioned about his 8 weeks not being firm but I couldn't quite make it out.
If he gets his act together they may call him back to Cockburn ?
Glad to hear his calf is ok but the eight weeks must be firm. We’ll look soft if we reneg any part of his punishment. It still allows him a couple weeks back in the seniors and/or a game with Peel before round 1.

He’ll have to cut back on his lifestyle now his income is down to a paltry $375K per year. With misdemeanours comes hardship...

Cheagle 24 hours ago: How dare Fremantle be so soft on Bennell.
Cheagle today: Gosh, how great are West Coast throwing convicted stalker Ben Cousins a lifeline? I'm sure Trevor Nisbett will do just as good a job ensuring a high standard of behaviour as he did when Benny was playing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully he’s doing the extra work and brings the same attitude every session, not just the first day back for the media.
In fairness, has anyone witnessed Harley having a poor attitude at training ever? His problems aren't on the field. If he applied the same discipline he has at training to the rest of his life, he would turn things around very quickly.

In fairness, has anyone witnessed Harley having a poor attitude at training ever? His problems aren't on the field. If he applied the same discipline he has at training to the rest of his life, he would turn things around very quickly.
He was out the night before the first training session back, which he didn’t turn up to. Sounds like a poor attitude to training to me.

Cheagle just showed footage of him training at Peel today.
It appears his calf is fine. Seems Harley has just been a naughty boy.
Something mentioned about his 8 weeks not being firm but I couldn't quite make it out.
If he gets his act together they may call him back to Cockburn ?

No the other way, the 8 weeks is firm but if he does not show improvement in attitude and behaviour the 8 weeks could be extended out.

Wonder when Harley turns 29-30, and realise.. all those nights out as a 21-24 year old. Weren't really worth it. Because I sure am thinking that, some of those drunken night outs just wasn't worth it after all. Focus on the footy career buddy, because you lose it all
Probably be about as insightful as cousins or yarren.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back