2017 Association Football Awards - Final Results!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

If you and typeclub reproduce god help this world...

NBrvfkcikL26UNONdRcaSXR6DPw=.gif

Introducing Tiffany, Heather, Cody, Dylan, Dermot, Jordan, Taylor, Brittany, Wesley, Rumer, Scout, Cassidy, Zoe, Chloe, Max, Hunter, Kendall, Kaitlin, Noah, Sasha, Morgan, Kyra, Ian, Lauren, Qbert, and Phil.

DFEWOu9UMAQYyMY.jpg:large

I'm not quite sure why someone would start a thread titled "2017 Association Football Awards" and not dedicate themselves to releasing the results but here we are. I'm left to do all the dirty work for Doctor Gero who won't finish what he started.

Now, I'm no Sozabarus but I'll try my best to be as witty as possible to make this an enjoyable read for everyone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We'll start off with the negative awards and the first cab off the rank...

Worst Poster
It's not a badge of honour and this was a close race with the outright winner winning it with the last set of votes. Those who voted for him attributed to it being his beloved Los Blancos enduring a pretty torrid season so far and, with his idol starting to show his age, it has seemingly affected his well-being. Now many consider his posts just to be flat out boring with him just parroting the same stuff over and over again. With 4 votes next to his name, congratulations...

135177.jpg

typeclub

Duncan Castles was tied with him on 3 until the very last set of votes so he should consider himself lucky.

Worst Thread:
It's one of the most active threads on here but it's also been voted the worst. About 3% discusses actual transfers or rumours whereas the other 97% is like watching monkeys fling poo at each other. It's just a club-bashing thread for many and it's just painful reading.

Well done to the transfer thread.

Worst Set of Supporters:

It's a three-way tie!

18781-tlsnewslandscape.jpg

The first of these teams are the common denominator in many s**t fights across the board with Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal being the most common of them, the second of these teams are the ultimate goo chuggers even rivaling their own rivals Liverpool and the third of these teams' fans were described as "schizo" by one poster. I can sort of understand it as their team has gone past the point of stagnation and are actually starting to regress. 4th place used to be their peak but now that has changed to the EL. Harsh but the posters have spoken. One poster actually wrote "Norf Landan" as their response. No, this wasn't Bojan, he listed his worst set of supporters as Camrys even though we were voting on Association Football, not Aussie Rules. Given I'm such a well-respected poster, I can't help but feel FAITH was responsible for that vote so cheers for that . Anyway, the person who voted Norf Landan wasn't even a fan of either club so I had no choice but to count both Spurs and Arsenal which is why this ended up a three-way tie. The joint recipients are Spurs, Man U and Arsenal.

Q4_RFZ_curI.jpg

united-fan-sleeping.jpg

arsenal-fan-tv.jpg

Liverpool and Man City also had 2 votes each so it was close all round.

Last edited:
Worst Set of Supporters:

It's a three-way tie!

18781-tlsnewslandscape.jpg

The first of these teams are the common denominator in many s**t fights across the board with Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal being the most common of them, the second of these teams are the ultimate goo chuggers even rivaling their own rivals Liverpool and the third of these teams' fans were described as "schizo" by one poster. I can sort of understand it as their team has gone past the point of stagnation and are actually starting to regress. 4th place used to be their peak but now that has changed to the EL. Harsh but the posters have spoken. One poster actually wrote "Norf Landan" as their response. No, this wasn't Bojan, he listed his worst set of supporters as Camrys even though we were voting on Association Football, not Aussie Rules. Given I'm such a well-respected poster, I can't help but feel FAITH was responsible for that vote so cheers for that . Anyway, the person who voted Norf Landan wasn't even a fan of either club so I had no choice but to count both Spurs and Arsenal which is why this ended up a three-way tie. The joint recipients are Spurs, Man U and Arsenal.

Q4_RFZ_curI.jpg

united-fan-sleeping.jpg

arsenal-fan-tv.jpg

Liverpool and Man City also had 2 votes each so it was close all round.

To be honest if the criteria was "Set of supporters that starts the most s**t fights" I'm surprised Hull City didn't win.

Worst Troll:

What makes a good troll? Personally, I believe it's someone who just does the right thing each time to get under people's skin. A good troll is someone who is actually creative with their material and is often quite witty and subtle with what they put out. The recipient of this award is anything but those as evident by this landslide victory. This poster amassed 10 votes with typeclub being the only other poster to get multiple votes with 2. In the words of moomba, it does seem that this poster needs to try harder as she very rarely riles anyone up because it's way too obvious and not even remotely subtle. Granted, she has her moments which can make a few chuckle but they are very few and far between.

Congratulations FAITH.
49882.jpg

Single votes went to: WealstoneRaider, Bojan, Doctor Gero, Zidane98, Mr. Bojangles and Duncan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back