Traded 1. Brianna Davey - Traded to Collingwood - Post #167

drunkill

Club Legend
May 16, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
It makes sense. Arnell will turn 32 at the end of this upcoming season, she obviously has plans for retirement but hopefully we see her out on the field for 2019 as well (or at least in the VFLW) and she's been doing coaching courses and has level 1 accreditation so Lauren could be up in the coaches box pretty soon when she does retire, in addition to her ABC commentary work.

Great choice.

Well done Bri - very well deserved.

She's a superstar and we're very lucky to have her wearing navy blue. Can't wait to see her out there over the next couple of months.

It makes sense. Arnell will turn 32 at the end of this upcoming season, she obviously has plans for retirement but hopefully we see her out on the field for 2019 as well (or at least in the VFLW) and she's been doing coaching courses and has level 1 accreditation so Lauren could be up in the coaches box pretty soon when she does retire, in addition to her ABC commentary work.

Spot on.

Nothing wrong with Lauren or her leadership, she'll hold a very special place in the history of our club as our first ever AFLW captain, but the move to a younger captain makes sense. She's not getting any younger and you'd have to think retirement is on the cards sooner rather than later.

Bri at 22 could legitimately captain this club for the next 10 years.

Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"
Excellent choice.

Congrats Bri. :clapping:

DaveyCaptHero.jpg

I suspect the men's team would have done similar had it not been for Doc's injury. It makes sense to bring in impressive young leadership and have former leaders back them up.

Feb 8, 2012
Publican Baghdad Ritz
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
I suspect the men's team would have done similar had it not been for Doc's injury. It makes sense to bring in impressive young leadership and have former leaders back them up.
I reckon you are spot on here ODN and Doc's injury has thrown a spanner in the works for Bolts and his boys.

TheShrewdDude

Debutant
Jun 20, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Its obviously a ploy to hang onto Davey or she would definitely have been a target of the expansion teams next year. Offering the Captaincy pretty much ensures she stays.

Its interesting that Carltons Leadership group is chosen by the coaches instead of the playing group. A bit harsh on Arnell I would have thought..

Back