Society/Culture Stupid things rich people say

Remove this Banner Ad

47183DB900000578-5157539-image-a-4_1512686976500.jpg

Whilst wearing a $380 (US) top
gettyimages-902348376.jpg

https://linguafranca.nyc/collections/lf-for-times-up

https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle...poverty-is-sexist-e2-80-9d-sweater/ar-BBI4dTW

"Lingua Franca created the custom sweater for Britton and shared her awards show look on their Instagram account, writing: “@conniebritton stuns in custom... us!!!!!! Omg so amazing to see our sweater on the red carpet!” Rachelle Hruska MacPherson, the designer behind the New York-based label, also created a black sweater with “Time’s Up” written across the chest in white. It retails for $380, and $100 of each item sold will benefit the Time’s Up legal fund. You can buy yours here."

Why do all the onlookers always start applauding in these bullshit stories
Americans often do, like mindless seals. Have seen it a couple of times over there.

Whilst wearing a $380 (US) top
gettyimages-902348376.jpg

https://linguafranca.nyc/collections/lf-for-times-up

https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle...poverty-is-sexist-e2-80-9d-sweater/ar-BBI4dTW

"Lingua Franca created the custom sweater for Britton and shared her awards show look on their Instagram account, writing: “@conniebritton stuns in custom... us!!!!!! Omg so amazing to see our sweater on the red carpet!” Rachelle Hruska MacPherson, the designer behind the New York-based label, also created a black sweater with “Time’s Up” written across the chest in white. It retails for $380, and $100 of each item sold will benefit the Time’s Up legal fund. You can buy yours here."
Yeah, this made me laugh heartily.

Why do all the onlookers always start applauding in these bullshit stories
Because 'Merica. They tend towards always going for an over the top display, from actual displays to just everyday communication. The country isn't a monoculture (obviously), but the loud and brash ones stand out.

Also, not a bullshit story apparently. Saw an article about it shortly after it happened and the guy who posted it also posted an apology video to the lady for drawing so much negative attention to her.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My boss is a billionaire and his wife is a piece of work... I was driving her and her 2 cockapoos to the airport so they could take their private jet back to London. As we drove past a building that you could call commission housing, or what the French would call a 'Cité', where poor or under-privileged would live made up of mainly North African, Tunisian or Moroccan people she commented on their caged, concrete basketball court... "Oh that looks nice there, some people just don't know how good they have it in life".

I almost turned the wheel of the S-Class Mercedes into a light pole in my shock of her unrealistic grasp of her own privileged and pampered life. A life where she doesnt work but has a team of people at her beck and call.
If you ever get him for secret santa, buy a mini novelty guillotine.

Or don't. The bourgeoisie don't need advance warning.

If you ever get him for secret santa, buy a mini novelty guillotine.

Or don't. The bourgeoisie don't need advance warning.

My boss is really cool and down to earth. Loves cricket, golf and art and making people happy. It's his wife that is the challenge.

Maybe you could get some free education.

Good idea. Jeremy Corbyn is my new role model. Just live at taxpayers expense your whole life, live in a £1m plus house taxpayers paid for, then retire on a massive taxpayer funded pension

Its the way forward.

Good idea. Jeremy Corbyn is my new role model. Just live at taxpayers expense your whole life, live in a £1m plus house taxpayers paid for, then retire on a massive taxpayer funded pension

Its the way forward.
It's how Nigel plans to do it

yep, its time for lots of free s**t like the NBN. Fightback starts right here on figbooty

Maseratis for all.
The NBN isn't free. Society is meant to have a social component, not just serve capital. I know you don't get this, but reductive "muh free markets" quips are tired and boring.

It's also grossly ignorant of human evolution and behaviour. We are a communal species.

Also, not Maseratis for all, cheap/free, nationalised and efficient public transport for all. Been living in that bubble so long, that if you don't pop it, Corbyn might sneak up on you and nationalise it.

The NBN isn't free. .

There is no free lunch

It's also grossly ignorant of human evolution and behaviour. We are a communal species.

Many say it but few personally believe in it. Look at all the left wing pollies who rail against private schools then send their kids to one. Its human instinct to look after yourself and your family first. There is also the massive conflict between state and society ie the higher state spending the less charity their typically is.

Also, not Maseratis for all, cheap/free, nationalised and efficient public transport for all.

Meh, more train strikes this week. Its staggering what train drivers (and worse tube drivers) get paid. They are fleecing the working class who have to pay for it via higher fares.

But thats labour for you. Look after your union paymasters and the general public can get stuffed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back