Brett C

Club Legend
Oct 11, 2014
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Manchester United
My carry on? This is the first time we've spoken and you called it quits upon my response.

No you didn't, liar. What ******* examples?

Heh, yeah. You earned that.
Okay buddy you win, your posts on Witherden have been completely reasonable and well thought out. With the examples I was pretty clear that the same situation has occurred with solders, FIFO workers and high income earners including young athletes (copied from my earlier reply to you). Maybe have a nap and tomorrow you'll be less angry.

Nov 26, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Dude so angry over something that doesn’t affect you and as readily admit have NFI if in place. I’ve worked in banking for close to 20 years and this sort of arrangement is common with soldiers on deployment, FIFO workers and high income earners including athletes at a young age. One of my colleagues has managed the banking of a number of broncos players and the best player managers have the same thing set up.

To claim it’s debilitaing or unhealthy shows a complete lack of knowledge.
It is pretty common in Melbourne for young AFL players too. Most commonly they get an allowance and if they want more they need sign off by usual themselves, manager and parent. Think there has historically been some players ripped off, but far more have blown it all on their own

Morgs_

Club Legend
Jun 8, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
It was a very short session this morning, only an hour and a half.

They began by doing some kick to kicks and shots on goal. Charlie Cameron is a pretty good kick from the tight angles, NRobbo as well. Bell is looking larger in the upper body as well as Harris. MRobbo was very vocal and looks like he is chomping at the bit to get back out into real footy. Was good to see Bundy back out there kicking the footy.

CBeams, Skinner, Frost, Berry and Zorko in the rehab group but only Zorko was on the bikes all morning. Skinner didn’t do any contact drills but Berry did them all bar one. Frost was doing some individual work with one of the trainers.

They then went on to some contested ball drills. Pretty simple, the player gets a ball rolled towards him and has to try and break the tackle of two others to get his hands out and hand pass to another player. Hodge (still strange seeing him out there) was really good at it. He would get very low and just burst through the tackle and get his hands out.

They then ran some continuous motion drills where they would bring out from the back and look to play on quickly. They would go down the wing, come back in to the corridor and then look for someone in the forward line. The skills were pretty good but they deteriorated as the session went on.

They finished with a similar drill where they would kick it down the line to a contest and then a player would crumb it and kick to extreme advantage of a player coming from the centre. Like before when the drill got into its latter stages the skills dropped (not saying they were terrible, but they weren’t as sharp as at the beginning).

One thing I noticed was at the end of each drill the players made it a priority to congratulate and high five each other. Morale was really high and everyone seemed happy.

Good to see Roger there and again, still strange to see Hodge as a Lion.

It was a very short session this morning, only an hour and a half.

They began by doing some kick to kicks and shots on goal. Charlie Cameron is a pretty good kick from the tight angles, NRobbo as well. Bell is looking larger in the upper body as well as Harris. MRobbo was very vocal and looks like he is chomping at the bit to get back out into real footy. Was good to see Bundy back out there kicking the footy.

CBeams, Skinner, Frost, Berry and Zorko in the rehab group but only Zorko was on the bikes all morning. Skinner didn’t do any contact drills but Berry did them all bar one. Frost was doing some individual work with one of the trainers.

They then went on to some contested ball drills. Pretty simple, the player gets a ball rolled towards him and has to try and break the tackle of two others to get his hands out and hand pass to another player. Hodge (still strange seeing him out there) was really good at it. He would get very low and just burst through the tackle and get his hands out.

They then ran some continuous motion drills where they would bring out from the back and look to play on quickly. They would go down the wing, come back in to the corridor and then look for someone in the forward line. The skills were pretty good but they deteriorated as the session went on.

They finished with a similar drill where they would kick it down the line to a contest and then a player would crumb it and kick to extreme advantage of a player coming from the centre. Like before when the drill got into its latter stages the skills dropped (not saying they were terrible, but they weren’t as sharp as at the beginning).

One thing I noticed was at the end of each drill the players made it a priority to congratulate and high five each other. Morale was really high and everyone seemed happy.

Good to see Roger there and again, still strange to see Hodge as a Lion.
Thanks Morgs, much appreciated.

Sep 14, 2012
Broadbeach
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Would love to see all the boys come back looking thick throughout their core. I reckon someone like Mayes go to the next level if he can get stronger at the contest. Hodgey breaking through packs hopefully showing Mayes that he should be able to do this as well. Exciting to see what shape they are in come round 1 I reckon the majority of players will look thicker.

winged1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 30, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Married a Tassie girl a short time ago.

Destined for greatness.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk
Ran into a relative of Josh Green, apparently Leppa had a stretch if nine weeks without even talking to him and for some reason the club had asked him to bulk up.

winged1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 30, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I think it's been established that man management isn't one of Leppa's strong suits.
Yep, the bad thing about that conversation was I know I have spoken footy to this guy before not knowing he was related to Green, but I can't remember if I have s**t canned Josh to him before. I have trotted out "he seems to have slimmed down at Essendon. .."

CarterS

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 14, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lions
The boys did another 3k time trial today.... Tom Bell running like a man possessed!!!
So exciting to think we will have depth in our list this season.

Glad to hear he is running well but his issues have always been the other stuff (IMO). Lack of guts, poor skills. He has the size and fitness to be really good.

Back