Walsh Street murders

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 22, 2011
Your girlfriend's dreams
AFL Club
Essendon
Spoken about a lot, but I don’t think there’s a dedicated thread for it.

Just amazing to think crims would try something like this, ambush and murder two lowly street cops. An incredible period in history.

More amazing they got off and a couple of them are still walking around. They did it, they’ve been fingered by friends since, they’ve reportedly admitted it privately, the cops know who did it, everybody else knows who did it... yet, no conviction.

Then you have events leading up to it where police officers simply murdered armed robbery suspects. No convictions there either.

As a period of history it’s like the twilight zone - you wonder how it can all be and just remain so unresolved.

30 years ago this October.

Even here in SA at the time there was a strong inference that members of VicPol had set up a Star Chamber to bypass the exact legal maneuvers that got the group held responsible released.

That 2 young men lost their lives is mostly forgotten in the byplay between the crims and the police.

30 years ago this October.

Even here in SA at the time there was a strong inference that members of VicPol had set up a Star Chamber to bypass the exact legal maneuvers that got the group held responsible released.

That 2 young men lost their lives is mostly forgotten in the byplay between the crims and the police.

Yep. All the fraud, corruption and murder that went on, there were two innocent young blokes killed for no good reason, and the perpetrators got off.

The death of Tynan’s father without seeing any justice is very sad.

Prior to the murders of these officers Victorian police had summarily executed amongst others Mark Militano, Frank Valastro and lastly the disgraceful broad daylight setup and murder of a young Graham Jensen. Heavy Victorian criminals had let it be known after the Valastro execution that two police would be murdered the next time a criminal was executed, and that is exactly what happened. Absolutely abhorrent actions by both the police and criminals resulted in the deaths of the two young officers.
Then after the shooting, in their zeal to prove to the crooks how bad they could be if challenged and who had the real star chamber power Victorian Police shot to death the very two young men who could have solved the case for them...Houghton and Abdallah.
Abdallah in particular who was very unlikely to have been involved in the shooting ,but certainly provided the stolen car for the perpetrators was GOLD as a prospective witness.
He would have taken witness protection ,financial reward and given the lot of the crew up and they would all still be rotting in jail now. Filling him up with holes from not one but TWO 38 specials was an absolute act of LUNACY and the reason the perpetrators got away scott free in the end.
Police realised it in hindsight to late.
Operation Lorimer following the Silk/ Miller tragedy showed the lessons that had been learnt- the hard way unfortunately.

Prior to the murders of these officers Victorian police had summarily executed amongst others Mark Militano, Frank Valastro and lastly the disgraceful broad daylight setup and murder of a young Graham Jensen. Heavy Victorian criminals had let it be known after the Valastro execution that two police would be murdered the next time a criminal was executed, and that is exactly what happened. Absolutely abhorrent actions by both the police and criminals resulted in the deaths of the two young officers.
Then after the shooting, in their zeal to prove to the crooks how bad they could be if challenged and who had the real star chamber power Victorian Police shot to death the very two young men who could have solved the case for them...Houghton and Abdallah.
Abdallah in particular who was very unlikely to have been involved in the shooting ,but certainly provided the stolen car for the perpetrators was GOLD as a prospective witness.
He would have taken witness protection ,financial reward and given the lot of the crew up and they would all still be rotting in jail now. Filling him up with holes from not one but TWO 38 specials was an absolute act of LUNACY and the reason the perpetrators got away scott free in the end.
Police realised it in hindsight to late.
Operation Lorimer following the Silk/ Miller tragedy showed the lessons that had been learnt- the hard way unfortunately.
A month after the Walsh St killings, police stormed a caravan in Bendigo and opened up on a criminal called Jed Houghton with shotguns. They had reasons to believe he was associated with Walsh Street. Apparently he pointed a gun in their direction when officers were inside the cabin, but 3-4 shotgun blasts made short work of the threat they were faced.

I think at the point the Police were looking for any reason to kill a crook after Walsh Street.

Yes, I think you're right, they could've maybe got some information out of Houghton.

A month after the Walsh St killings, police stormed a caravan in Bendigo and opened up on a criminal called Jed Houghton with shotguns. They had reasons to believe he was associated with Walsh Street. Apparently he pointed a gun in their direction when officers were inside the cabin, but 3-4 shotgun blasts made short work of the threat they were faced.

I think at the point the Police were looking for any reason to kill a crook after Walsh Street.

Yes, I think you're right, they could've maybe got some information out of Houghton.

Post Walsh St murders, there were a few fatal police shootings and it wasn't a good look that obviously required investigation. In some circles it was being said they were executed but recent police training and retraining came under harsh criticism for focus on firearms and physical defence. That training lacked components of how to control a threat without confrontation. In some sense, you could say that Houghton et al were dead on one false move if they were known to have weapons, cops were basically doing what they'd been trained to do.

Last edited:
Post Walsh St murders, there were a lot of fatal police shootings and it wasn't a good look that obviously required investigation. In some circles it was being said they were executed but recent police training and retraining came under harsh criticism for focus on firearms and physical defence. That training lacked components of how to control a threat without confrontation. In some sense, you could say that Houghton et al were dead on one false move if they were known to have weapons, cops were basically doing what they'd been trained to do.
You'd also think that you were high risk of getting killed by the police if you were to pose any danger or threat whatsoever. Pointing a gun at them probably isn't advisable.

Yep. All the fraud, corruption and murder that went on, there were two innocent young blokes killed for no good reason, and the perpetrators got off.

The death of Tynan’s father without seeing any justice is very sad.

The people the cops murdered were also "innocent"

He would have taken witness protection ,financial reward and given the lot of the crew up and they would all still be rotting in jail now.

No mate. That wouldn't have happened, and VicPol knew it.

Filling him up with holes from not one but TWO 38 specials was an absolute act of LUNACY and the reason the perpetrators got away scott free in the end. Police realised it in hindsight to late.

A piece of s**t with a badge and dreams of joining the armed robbery squad by the name of Cliff Lockwood murdered Gary Abdallah thinking it would get him a big name with the upper echelon of the gangster element inside VicPol, but he was too immature and reckless even for them. He then took off overseas for a while before resettling in the NT. His last known whereabouts were the Northern Territory where he was found living in squalor in a caravan and arrested for possessing and supplying precursor material to be used in the manufacture of a dangerous drug (psuedoephedrine for a meth cook). He jumped bail and a nation wide alert was put out for his arrest. When apprehended he received 15 months jail and burst in to tears when sentenced. Big tough guy.

:rolleyes:

Nah mate.

Last edited:
His last known whereabouts were the Northern Territory where he was found living in squalor in a caravan and arrested for possessing and supplying precursor material to be used in the manufacture of a dangerous drug (psuedoephedrine for a meth cook).

What year, was it prior to Wayne Strawhorn's (chemical diversion program) arrest?

What year, was it prior to Wayne Strawhorn's (chemical diversion program) arrest?

Lockwood went down for psuedo tablets.

Strawhorn was distributing the pure stuff after picking it up on consignment from the factory.

Lockwood went down for psuedo tablets.

Strawhorn was distributing the pure stuff after picking it up on consignment from the factory.

Only takes a handful of bad ones to stain the lot it seems, most I'm sure you know join to serve, for the right reasons and all they want to do is get home at the end of a shift.

It's not over yet. Every year or so, someone jumps out with something new and eventually the Eyre/Tynan families will get their inquest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why is what conditional?

An Eyre/Tynan inquest would only be satisfactory to you if testimony re. Jensen goes first? Surely, any hearing with the ability or hope of dragging more information out regardless of who gets in first is a good thing?

An Eyre/Tynan inquest would only be satisfactory to you if testimony re. Jensen goes first? Surely, any hearing with the ability or hope of dragging more information out regardless of who gets in first is a good thing?

Why are the murders of Tynan and Eyre any more important than the murders of Jensen and Abdallah?

I am highlighting the massive double standards in public opinion.

The people the cops murdered were also "innocent" ...
Were they?

Why are the murders of Tynan and Eyre any more important than the murders of Jensen and Abdallah?

I am highlighting the massive double standards in public opinion.
Because the two cops weren't proven criminals.

Funny isn't it, that cops are "pieces of s**t" and convicted criminals are innocent victims...

Because the two cops weren't proven criminals.

I see, they deserved to die because they had committed crimes in the past. Brilliant logic.

I see, they deserved to die because they had committed crimes in the past. Brilliant logic.
You asked why the murders of the two cops was MORE IMPORTANT than the murders of the convicted crims. I gave you the answer. My own view is that society doesn't need such people roaming free.

You asked why the murders of the two cops was MORE IMPORTANT than the murders of the convicted crims. I gave you the answer. My own view is that society doesn't need such people roaming free.

Yeah well, the enlightenment in the 18th century put paid to your thinking.

Damian and Steve were completely uninvolved, Damian only six months out of the Academy. Even that one eyed hag Kath knew it when she was asked if her clan was responsible.

''It wasn't us,'' she said. ''I hate coppers but those boys didn't do anything. Our family wouldn't do that. We were not involved.
''You don't kill two innocent coppers. If you want to get back, you would kill the copper who killed Graeme.''

She basically said what every member of the underworld and most of the public was thinking.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back