Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 30, 2003
Bunvegas
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
WA, Australia
I see that sniveller Gerard Whately has abandoned the ABC and joined SEN.

Duplicitous anyone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Screenshot 2018-01-01 20.46.48.png

Gerard's clearly changed his tune on breaching contracts.

Admiral Byng

Brownlow Medallist
May 3, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Scorchers
No great loss for me. Don't mind Gerard as a game day caller, but don't care for him much as a sports discussion type show panelist/expert. Horse-racing is clearly his first passion, a subject for which I have (at best) a disengaged neutrality. A lot of the rest of his stuff is overdone whinging.

Sully90

Premiership Player
Dec 24, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Arsenal
Not a fan of Gerard Whately on footy shows, but is definately the number one radio caller on match day. Big blow for ABC.

yakka man

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 27, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Peel Thunder
Total rubbish survey. Natanui as elite after a year out is a joke and was he ever elite? If he is elite so is Sandilands.

I don't like the fap over Natinui but he is definitely elite. Those rankings favour teams with really positive game styles. Hopefully we get a few more ranked higher soon.

Dockernut

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 23, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Sharks. Anyone playing West Coast.
No great loss for me. Don't mind Gerard as a game day caller, but don't care for him much as a sports discussion type show panelist/expert. Horse-racing is clearly his first passion, a subject for which I have (at best) a disengaged neutrality. A lot of the rest of his stuff is overdone whinging.

It’s so unfortunate, because I really rate him as a caller of most sports, particularly AFL. But ever since his comments post our demoralising home preliminary final loss against the Hawks, where he openly said “I’m jaundiced on Freo”, I just hate his guts.

It’s like cheering for Carlton to beat the Eagles; no amount of enjoyment I get out of one thing can overcome my hate for the other.

LeftFootBanana

All Australian
Aug 7, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
You can find kids playing Auskick on any Saturday morning that have more footy nous and read the play better than Nic Nat.

Nic Nat is a weapon at the centre bounce if he can leap over the opposition ruckman - that's why he's always struggled against Sandi. Around the ground he's an over-rated crab. The bloke averages 1.9 marks per game over his career (Sandi averages 3.6)! He also continually runs to the wrong position which means he doesn't get to use his physicality around the contest as much as he should. he's of more value to the Weagles marketing department than his is to the coaching staff.

Both Nic Nat and Hurn have proven fragile in the finals more than once.

Elite? Not even close.

yakka man

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 27, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Peel Thunder
You can find kids playing Auskick on any Saturday morning that have more footy nous and read the play better than Nic Nat.

Nic Nat is a weapon at the centre bounce if he can leap over the opposition ruckman - that's why he's always struggled against Sandi. Around the ground he's an over-rated crab. The bloke averages 1.9 marks per game over his career (Sandi averages 3.6)! He also continually runs to the wrong position which means he doesn't get to use his physicality around the contest as much as he should. he's of more value to the Weagles marketing department than his is to the coaching staff.

Both Nic Nat and Hurn have proven fragile in the finals more than once.

Elite? Not even close.

As I said, the stats and rankings favour teams with free-flowing game styles.

Fyfster

Club Legend
Nov 6, 2017
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Claremont
As I said, the stats and rankings favour teams with free-flowing game styles.
Interesting they had 6 players so called elite ,equal highest in the league , But their list was ranked 12th which places it just above the bottom six , So how did the rest of the squad rank ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back