Roughies comp

Remove this Banner Ad

Jan 31, 2010
Busan
AFL Club
Adelaide
EDIT: can the duplicate thread in bet tracker be deleted plz mods

Ok ladies, let's get some traceability going on our selections - and what better way to keep track of this than a friendly competition :rainbow:. This is stolen from another forum but I like the concept:

Each week, competitors can tip up to 20 selections on any TAB-covered meeting within Australia. I'm thinking perhaps 5 on a Wednesday, 10 Saturday and 5 Sunday (or any day?) with selections to be submitted before the commencement of race 1.

The winning dividends will need to be $8 or over, and place dividends $2 or over in order to be counted.

Points will be awarded based on the tote win/place dividends from TAB - so if you tip a winner that is paying $18 and $4, you will get 18+4=22 points. If it only places at $4, you will just get 4 points. If it wins but pays $7 and $1.90 you get no points.

Key rules:
- 1 selection per race
- win dividend capped at $70
- Australian gallop meetings only

I can keep track of selections and update a ladder weekly.

Thoughts, feelings & observations welcome :poo::poo:

Last edited:
EDIT: can the duplicate thread in bet tracker be deleted plz mods

Ok ladies, let's get some traceability going on our selections - and what better way to keep track of this than a friendly competition :rainbow:. This is stolen from another forum but I like the concept:

Each week, competitors can tip up to 20 selections on any TAB-covered meeting within Australia. I'm thinking perhaps 5 on a Wednesday, 10 Saturday and 5 Sunday (or any day?) with selections to be submitted before the commencement of race 1.

The winning dividends will need to be $8 or over, and place dividends $2 or over.

Points will be awarded based on the tote win/place dividends from TAB - so if you tip a winner that is paying $18 and $4, you will get 18+4=22 points. If it only places at $4, you will just get 4 points. If it wins but pays $7 and $1.90 you get no points.

I can keep track of selections and update a ladder weekly.

Thoughts, feelings & observations welcome :poo::poo:
this is my type of comp, only problem is i dont actually get a chance to study the form on weekdays. do we have to tip every race meeting. Plus i rarely do each way no matter what the odds are... does that matter?

this is my type of comp, only problem is i dont actually get a chance to study the form on weekdays. do we have to tip every race meeting. Plus i rarely do each way no matter what the odds are... does that matter?

The 5 on wednesday 10 saturday 5 sunday was just a suggestion. No issues if you want to make it any TAB covered meet from Monday to Sunday, but 20 selections max - how you divvy up those selections is up to you.
Every selection will be each way.

Assuming all of Cold Sober iluvparis HeathComeBack FallingLiefs Youdy are on board. Will start with selections from Monday the 15th and anyone who joins between now and then can do so. Doesn't matter if people join after this either but still only 20 selections maximum per week - don't have to use all 20 if you can't find value but the selections you don't use do not roll over into the following week ;)

If anyone has selections for Monday then they must be posted before the commencement of that specific meeting.

Also will cap the maximum win at $70, just in case some idiot comes in and flukes a 151/1 winner :thumbsu:

I'm in!

Maybe rather than a maximum it would be better to have a minimum? Perhaps 5 per week minimum.

I don't mind it but then what's stopping someone coming in and picking the roughest horse in every single meet and eventually jags one? 5 week min / 20 week max? At least there's some regulations then

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back