Oppo Camp The Loony Bin - Lead Sponsor of Crazy Topkent's Alternate Adventures

Remove this Banner Ad

+1

Whenever I do go out into the wilderness, I quickly remember why I don't do it often
See my problem is I head out into the wilderness very often, in fact for the majority, and I absolutely love getting into heated discussions re Melbourne, also from a certain group of supporters who feel justified in giving advice given their recent success. It's just laughable what you hear and I love a stoush so I just bite and do it hard ;)

In all seriousness, I don't know who the Dr is?
Formerly Dr Whooooooooooooooo. Came on here, feigned that we all hated the club and had the worst interests of the playing group at heart then continued to bait Melbourne supporters all over BF. He's gone now.

Formerly Dr Whooooooooooooooo. Came on here, feigned that we all hated the club and had the worst interests of the playing group at heart then continued to bait Melbourne supporters all over BF. He's gone now.
Left out that he was Cameron Schwabb's best friend

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is a thread on the main board asking if Collingwood can win the premiership this year. And as you would expect, Pies fans are weighing in very seriously on the subject. Worth a look for anyone who wants a good roll on the floor

You’re supposed to bring the best quotes back in here unattributed so I don’t have to wade through the main board dross. Please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a thread on the main board asking if Collingwood can win the premiership this year. And as you would expect, Pies fans are weighing in very seriously on the subject. Worth a look for anyone who wants a good roll on the floor

I'll have to find a link. Talk the Pies up, tell them they're a red hot chance. That way when round 1 comes around and they're terrible, it'll be even more disappointing for them and better for the rest of us.

Possibly. But they had so so many average players playing above themselves I just can't see it happening again. I don't see them improving because they had pretty much all the side have career best seasons. Would not be surprised if they are around the 4-10 mark again.

That's also what I want, the Richmond Era can **** right off

Right now it appears that the Tigers B-graders played above themselves in 2017 and they fluked it. In saying this, young players like Broad, Rioli and Graham could be much better than we initially thought. The Tigers team looks much stronger on paper if you replace them with Hibberd, Cyril and Parker, which is what they might develop into.

Essendon's 1993 flag also looked a fluke at the time, as Hird, Fletcher and Mercuri were all just making their names. But in hindsight, you see how they did it.

Right now it appears that the Tigers B-graders played above themselves in 2017 and they fluked it. In saying this, young players like Broad, Rioli and Graham could be much better than we initially thought. The Tigers team looks much stronger on paper if you replace them with Hibberd, Cyril and Parker, which is what they might develop into.

Essendon's 1993 flag also looked a fluke at the time, as Hird, Fletcher and Mercuri were all just making their names. But in hindsight, you see how they did it.

They didn't fluke it, they were the best team in a weak year.

A Port supporter talking about Trent McKenzie

The Suns aren't a real AFL club in any sense so it's impossible to judge a player based on his performance there. I consider him basically a first year player.

They didn't fluke it, they were the best team in a weak year.

Against Geelong 08 or Hawks 15 they would have lost the GF by 10 goals. I don't know why they are sensitive to the fact they won it in a weak year. The 08 cats could easily have 5+ in their greatest team of all time and the Hawks could conceivably too (though their best ever team is disgustingly good) whereas the Tigers have Rance and Martin in their best ever team

A Port supporter talking about Trent McKenzie
Haha, they're on a different level now that they're definitely going to win the premiership after picking up a bunch of superstar players that their previous clubs were so upset to lose they lovingly wrapped their nick-nacks in bubble wrap.

I guess its a lot more convenient to think that the Suns were such a rabble that McKenzie is basically starting again, and not that he's a one trick pony with nothing else going for him to the extent that he could hardly get a game for "not a real AFL team".

McKenzie is a role player - he’ll be better at a better club.

Doesn’t mean he’ll be a best 22 lock but with his kicking you think Port could use him well

Adelaide board, "Death Riding Melbourne" I hope he finishes bottom 4 this year [Goodwin]. He can start being successful from 2019 on wards, but hope Jake Lever is one of the biggest disappointments of all time. And the reply was. "We're not being bitter in that statement....... but I think most feel the same way."
Doubt they will help to sponsor Jake after that. meh.The funny part is the advert to sponsor Jake on this board keeps flashing up above that thread. Luv it.

Last edited:
I present to you Premier of Western Australia
Premier of Western Australia Mark McGowan says that the new Perth Stadium should host the AFL Grand Final.

Speaking at the opening of the new stadium today, McGowan said that giving Optus Stadium the grand final would be a fair outcome in return for the taxes the state pays.

"It's the least that the rest of the country could do for Western Australia, considering the GST they take from our state, to hand the AFL grand final to our state each and every year, for nothing,” McGowan said.

"It would be a small compensation but it would be something."

Remove this Banner Ad

Back